Sign in to follow this  
eldiano

[MOD] Shripwreck Defense and Skull Island

Thanks to a few members and TeriXeri, I always wanted to do a mod for these sets since I wished we could had gotten another wave following the 2015 pirates line due to their modular setup, with that said I was inspired after seeing some Ninjago sets and their similarities with build and play features i was looking for.  I am a simple guy type of builder, but this is my first mod with a pirates set!

I used the template of the 71717, swapped out some bricks and made a few mods!!! 

Overall look of all the 3 sets combined, placing a cannon in the middle as a last line of defense before the cave! I wanted to expand and add more into the “shripwrecked” bricks and planks!!!

GuVfcfW.jpg

bTUJ2lX.jpg

Getting those trans blue bricks which you can’t see give the face of the rock a “watery” fall look.  I’ll try to take my lighting studio out for better pictures!!

gqL7egB.jpg

Had to reverse the dungeon since the mast lookout stood out in the way, a small detail I completely overlooked once I put them together!

Wh6lFx2.jpg

I wasn’t trying to do something extravagant, I wanted to keep it Lego simple by trying to mimic their simple builds to an extent!

zpmOvyY.jpg

In the end, they always win the gold!

O1shFfX.jpg

Hope it’s to EB standards!!! 

Edited by eldiano

Great use of that Ninjago set and the modular system of the 2015 sets! This makes a great 'big' Pirate set. And I love the idea of the back of the burps as a cave with a moustache wearing skeleton...

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This upgrade will keep those annoying soldiers out for sure!

Try to at least!! They won’t get the treasure easily!!!

5 hours ago, jan kusters said:

Great use of that Ninjago set and the modular system of the 2015 sets! This makes a great 'big' Pirate set. And I love the idea of the back of the burps as a cave with a moustache wearing skeleton...

Thanks, it’s what made me mod the sets because the ninjago sets are more modular and meant to have different styles one could play with!!

13 hours ago, VaneStream said:

If they were official sets I'd buy them in a heartbeat :pir-classic:

I made these with my kids in mind so they could have fun!!! The whole purpose is that you could move around the v shape island to either an extended coastline or just various islands, either way with mini cliff that’s setup as an extra hangout for the pirates while the closer you get to the treasure island the heavier defenses get!   

Pirates could also barricade behind the planks but i never knew i had the guts in my to set out something like this! As of this writing the Bricks and pieces colossal order just came in for my MOD Soldiers Outpost after nearly a month in waiting and I cannot wait! It will be similar to this but nothing fancy!!!

CFBiM9X.jpg

9hlZaXr.jpg

rWoQiMv.jpg

1LCN4v8.jpg

The entire sets in all their glory

gqfo0Un.jpg

z6fCE8o.jpg

TKhKG3W.jpg

QBFSo7c.jpg

Edited by eldiano