M2m

Question: Stud.io instruction designer

I have a relatively huge moc which I split into several sub-groups (sub-mocs). Now for the sake of getting one picture of the full moc I want to create separate pictures of the sub-moc and 'stitch' them together later in Paint or Photoshop.

The challenge: How do I ensure a similar sizing in all my sub-mocs (i.e. that bricks are similar sized), so I can evenly stitch the pictures together.

I hope you understand my question. Any help appreciated.

It seems to me you would want all pictures to be taken from a single point of view and distance. That way stitching them together will look right.

Maybe I need to understand more about what it is you are working on. Is this a digital file or actual plastic?

I am talking about digital files.

Let me make a simplified example. I have this moc - Moc1:

1.png

And I have this moc - Moc 2:

2.png

Both of the above pictures where generated in Stud.io Instruction designer (default settings). As you can see they are scaled differently (because obviously their size differs).

So if I simply stitch these to pictures together I end up with this:

3bad.png

Now if somehow Stud.io instruction designer could be modified or set to render all parts at a similar size (of course then different models would end up in different picture sizes) I could easily stitch the pictures together likes this:

3.png

This would be simpler then to scale the pictures in a Paint or Photoshop.

I hope this makes it clearer :pir-sweet:

Edited by M2m

As far as I can tell the "percentage" in the instructions page is based on the page size and DPI. You may be able to "fake" out the program by creating very large "pages" that have a set percentage but are multiples of each other in size. Like A2, A3, A4 for example. 

Why don't you copy all the sub-files into one big file for rendering?

I don't think you can do this easily in Studi.io. Interestingly you could do it in LPub 3D by manipulating the camera and scene scale properties in the script. Anyway, as a long-time 3D artist here's a trick for you: Place some other objects around the model at known distances. We used to sometimes place invisible cubes around stuff to get "fit to viewport" functions to cooperate (back in the olden days, when redrawing a screen took several seconds and you couldn't swoosh around in OpenGL). In your case you could likely place some 1x1 tiles or round studs at fixed positions in each of your models to force the automatic camera calculations to produce an equal zoom and FOV. With your large models the should appear merely as easily removable pixel dots or disappear entirely upon rendering.

Mylenium

18 hours ago, Sadap said:

Why don't you copy all the sub-files into one big file for rendering?

Because the subfiles are too big

12 hours ago, Mylenium said:

I don't think you can do this easily in Studi.io. Interestingly you could do it in LPub 3D by manipulating the camera and scene scale properties in the script. Anyway, as a long-time 3D artist here's a trick for you: Place some other objects around the model at known distances. We used to sometimes place invisible cubes around stuff to get "fit to viewport" functions to cooperate (back in the olden days, when redrawing a screen took several seconds and you couldn't swoosh around in OpenGL). In your case you could likely place some 1x1 tiles or round studs at fixed positions in each of your models to force the automatic camera calculations to produce an equal zoom and FOV. With your large models the should appear merely as easily removable pixel dots or disappear entirely upon rendering.

Myleniu

I give this a try ! Thanks

Edited by M2m

12 hours ago, M2m said:

Because the subfiles are too big

What do you mean by "too big"? Does stud.io crash?