Peppermint_M

MOC: Asteroid Bar and Fuel

In the depths of space, a rest stop is a welcome sight. The Asteroid Bar has parking, fuel, entertainment and food for anyone in the system. 

51154829292_356db41f09_c.jpg

The bar itself is a popular haunt for travellers and locals alike. Regulars always have someone new to meet, compete with or scam! There are some familiar and not so familiar faces to spot.

51155728818_db9b56fb80_c.jpg

I built this as a display for a local Comic Con in 2019, the parking area is lit up by EL wire, with a battery box hidden under the fuel pumps. The dance floor is a construction over a grid that holds fairy lights with a few different colours and lighting patterns, I tucked that box aside as I wanted to change the pattern throughout the day.

Because it was for a comic con, I wanted to build something that was fun to look at and spot characters from pop-culture and also fun aliens and robots that I made up myself. It went down very well at the con and was a fun build. However I have more SciFi plans afoot, so these photos from the day are the best I'm going to get, this is ear-marked for take-down and a new creation. Apart from the dance floor, I want to work this into future layouts (if we ever get to do them again!)

Who can you spot? Do at least a few of my joke scenes and references hit?

Fantastic work! Would love to see some more close ups if you have them.

Great work! I love how different the spaceships all are.

This is pretty amazing. And I agree with MKJoshA, I'd love to see more pictures!

@MKJoshA and @Duvors I have some more, they are not excellent and mostly were shots that went to Instagram, but I have posted them here :classic:

EEHapJfh.jpg

Darth Vader and some Troopers Boogie Down to the Batman Soundtrack.

445pxD0h.jpg

The parking lot has some ships and speeders that I have posted online before and some that I have not. A few did not survive, but the pink and white one is waiting to be photographed.

JlwmL1lh.jpg

A lot of Spot the character caught people's attention and had them looking at the details. Unikitty was popular.

iCrnnyRh.jpg

A little joke in the corner and a reference to a scene I enjoyed in the old Justice League cartoon.

YHbfiXuh.jpg

More characters to spot and nods to pop-culture.

rDnJ2Ogh.jpg

This little picnic scene was a tribute, as it was not long after Stan Lee and the actor to originally portray everyone's favourite Wookie. It is a third party figure, but we're never going to get one from LEGO! The idea was that Captain Marvel was brining over some New York Pizza for the picnic

5nCG9BCs.png

So that was where it ended up...

Very lively and fun! I love the bit of brown and pink alien landscape - the pink is just enough to sell the sci fi aspect.

Wow, really digging those spaceships! The pink one especially is just great.

12 minutes ago, danth said:

Wow, really digging those spaceships! The pink one especially is just great.

I love that shade of pink, it really pops out but not as obnoxiously as coral seems to? I need to get photos of that to post. I always hate how bad my photography is, so nothing is good enough and I scrap the pics without posting anything. I should get something done soon! I have spaceships and castles, creatures and Figbarfs and I never get around to taking a snap or three. 

Too much stdus!! My eyes hurt :snicker:

I like that dark pink ship too. And the transitions between one floor type to another. It just lacks a bit of tiling :sweet: