Tube Map Central

[MOC] Exhibition of maps at the Lego train museum

Well done. I would like to see the individual maps as well to compare them myself. Also, does this museum have any blue rails from the 4.5v/12v era?

Love it!  It reminds me of the changing map at the London Transport Museum which shows how the Tube map has changed since its creation....

Thanks x3!

Feuer Zug, you mean the actual maps of course, I don't have a lined-up photo of them all, until then here are my redrawings of the maps with set numbers. There are also a couple of tram/bus maps (60154 and 60271) and an airport shuttle map (6399).

Lego_Combined.jpg

http://www.tubemapcentral.com/writing/newsletterfiles/Lego_Combined.jpg

60197 is the odd one out, why? That it the sort of question that would cause endless debate amongst map enthusiasts.

Yes, the museum should have a rail exhibition! Unfortunately I don't have any blue rails, but should the 40th anniversary steam train 40370 have used them?

Edited by Tube Map Central

8 hours ago, Tube Map Central said:

Thanks x3!

Feuer Zug, you mean the actual maps of course, I don't have a lined-up photo of them all, until then here are my redrawings of the maps with set numbers. There are also a couple of tram/bus maps (60154 and 60271) and an airport shuttle map (6399).

http://www.tubemapcentral.com/writing/newsletterfiles/Lego_Combined.jpg

60197 is the odd one out, why? That it the sort of question that would cause endless debate amongst map enthusiasts.

Yes, the museum should have a rail exhibition! Unfortunately I don't have any blue rails, but should the 40th anniversary steam train 40370 have used them?

Thanks for showing the various versions. It appears they added a branch to the red line and a stop on the green in 2014. Good to know the network is expanding.

Maybe 60197 is for a different rail area? Could be a different way to show how the green line attaches to a larger network? Who knows.

Good luck finding blue rails. For 40370, the original 7810 came out in 1980, the year they went to light grey rails. 1978 was the end of the blue rail era.

Maybe 60197 is for an underground network or something?  On the standard London tube map not all the overground lines are shown....

Think of the centre/terminus as like Kings Cross St Pancras....

12 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Think of the centre/terminus as like Kings Cross St Pancras....

Could also be the path from the beer supply on the left via the dancing/music stage (center) to the toilet (top) and then back with a left turn (from the toilets) to the cocktail bar - in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

:pir-huzzah2: ... and ...

:sarcasm_smug:

Best
Thorsten