evancelt

[COR-FB] A New Chapter

Following Queen Annetta's proclamation in Belson, ships carried word east to Terra Nova. The first ship to reach Terraversa was a sloop with grayish sails. It made its way down the western coast and around the southern horn before making port in Westface. There, letters were dispatched to Colonel Allcock, Lord Spud, Don Montoya, and Captain Brickleton.

Brickleton read the letter in disbelief. For his efforts in re-evaluating the defence of Elizabethville, establishing a settlement on the island of Panarium, participation in the Terraversan campaign and presence at the Pamu peace conference, the queen had made him a Knight Companion of the Order of the Compass Rose. From now on, he would be Sir Jonathan Brickleton. While his father had achieved great prestige and high rank within the Corlander armed forces, this was the first title bestowed upon their family.

book-3.jpg

book-2.jpgbook-1.jpg

OOC: A quick build to celebrate all of the knighthoods granted in Queen Annetta's proclamation. Thanks @Ayrlego and @Bregir!

OOC Update: Settled on the trans wine glasses for the path of the ship after trying a bunch of other small elements (minifig hands, red axles, bars with clips, antennas) - the others all looked too big/opaque for something this small

Edited by evancelt

Well done. It reminds me of a children's book in which I can open something. Good idea, I like it!

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

funny one... And nice book !

8 hours ago, NOD said:

Well done. It reminds me of a children's book in which I can open something. Good idea, I like it!

Thanks guys! Was a quick 1 hour build - could be fun to make a larger book with more details in the future

What a great way to show the progression of your character. For 1 hour build, the book is really well-done. Very clean build!

If you had more time, perhaps you could've recessed the small build into the page of the book if it's technically possible? That way it would seem even more like one of those 3D books with images that pop up if you turn the pages; there would literally be more connection between the two pieces (book and  small build).

Great concept!