RocketBoy

[Factions Episode VIII - CAT B][U6 - Mon Cala - FF] struct_unit Hutch (run:botlogic STARBOOST:n) init:PROBE

*Your entry has earned 11 XP*

1280x960.jpg

PROBE UNIT "HUTCH" EMERGENCY BURST FEED
Mission: Explore System Sector U6 for Artifact Signatures
Caution: Unknown Environment. Caution is key.

Warning:
Lifeform detected. Lifeform registered: Native. 
Reaction: Native Soundwaves registered as Language:Basic, sono receptor interpreting as greeting:Tone>Friendly.
Action: PANIC RESPONSE. <OVERRIDE:PANIC RESPONSE shut down> Potential danger: Remain Cautious. Acoustic Signaler emitting response, "I mean no harm, and come in peace. I am an exploration unit dispatched by the Followers of the Force. I am referred to by the moniker, 'Hutch'."
Reaction: Being Displaying Positive Response. RELIEF. Danger:Unlikely. SureDeal-R bargaining and negotiation logic initiator providing statistically correct reply. "I am new to your planet. Apologies for my intrusion. Please, do not let my giant chassis cause any alarm. I am actually quite a nervous loth-cat."
ERROR: Tampering with logic initiator detected.
ACTION: Attempt to diagnose/repair.
RESULT: Attempt triggered message, timestamp, 01:20:5032:0098, Registered User: Zuppy Nunn [MESSAGE PLAYBACK: "Gotcha, pal! Hope you're safe out there."] Tampering diagnostic return result: tampering non-hazardous. Applied fix to logic module.]
REACTION: Being has offered to show this unit around. "Best time of day to be on the beach!"
INTERNAL PROCESSING: Plan Created: inquire why it is the best time of day to be on the beach. Potentially valuable information. Possibly of mission importance.

800x901.jpg
More Photos

Spoiler

640x414.jpg
800x847.jpg

800x1007.jpg
800x966.jpg
800x847.jpg
800x642.jpg

Notes

Spoiler

The image below was my main reference, but Hutch has been heavily modified, so it deviates quite a bit. I just liked the idea of a big, gentle, nervous robot exploring the galaxy. The idea that he wears a bit of cloth like a cloak, as if it might protect him or maybe it's a security blanket, is funny to me.

1280x531.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by goatman461

I am a big fan of the colors and the way they pair with the scenery. The balance between symmetry and asymmetry is just right. Also thanks for introducing me to this clone wars artwork.

Really nice idea with the probe droid - so glad that someone used this episode to build something mech-like. I think the colours work really well especially with the bright sea. I think I slightly preferred the head design that you shared in the WIP stage - all the sensors looked really cool! The landscape is also really great!

I was worried when you shared the WIP, that this would be too much mech. It is a little manga/mech, but also really well done... Not totally sold on it in-universe, but the model is badass! Great texture on the beach as well!

3 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Really nice idea with the probe droid - so glad that someone used this episode to build something mech-like. I think the colours work really well especially with the bright sea. I think I slightly preferred the head design that you shared in the WIP stage - all the sensors looked really cool! The landscape is also really great!

Thanks! I did have a smaller probe designed to stick on as a head, or a hermit-shell like shoulder pad, but it felt like it detracted from the build over all.

800x600.jpg

Great droid! A bit Transformers-biased but still SW enough. Great details and surface! I guess I need to grab an Avengers set to get those ball joins :laugh: