Sign in to follow this  
starwarcam

[Factions Ep. 8 - Cat. B][S10 - Sleheyron - BS] Map of Pasaana

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

Black Sun has sent a map droid to Pasaana to chart the previously unknown planet. The droid is programmed to wander around the planet on foot, and information from its visual sensors and coordinates is used to construct a map. The high amount of computing power necessary to accomplish this requires the droid's head to be extraordinarily large. Each map droid's intellect is thus significantly hindered from the lack of space, despite its immense brain.

51153037167_3ebd8353ac_c.jpg

The map droid passes by a Pasaana outpost as it wanders aimlessly.

51153037232_d9f1b3365e_c.jpg

Edited by goatman461

That looks really good! The guiding design is simple, yet pulled off very nicely, and of course the center piece being the droid is phenomenal, super unique! A few nitpicks: The rockwork could be improved upon I think, but for so little space for the rockwork, it’s not bad, and maybe the terrain could’ve been changed a bit, maybe since the droid is coming from the direction you could’ve tiled everything off except the area behind where “footprints” would be. Once again those are nitpicks so overall this is a really great build! Well done!

2 minutes ago, Brick_Barrage101 said:

That looks really good! The guiding design is simple, yet pulled off very nicely, and of course the center piece being the droid is phenomenal, super unique! A few nitpicks: The rockwork could be improved upon I think, but for so little space for the rockwork, it’s not bad, and maybe the terrain could’ve been changed a bit, maybe since the droid is coming from the direction you could’ve tiled everything off except the area behind where “footprints” would be. Once again those are nitpicks so overall this is a really great build! Well done!

Thanks, I'm in agreement with your criticism. I like the footprint idea a lot.

I love the droid and it's explanation in the story. For how little time you had, the shape and composition on this build is real nice, even if the techniques are simple. 👍

1 hour ago, RocketBoy said:

I love the droid and it's explanation in the story. For how little time you had, the shape and composition on this build is real nice, even if the techniques are simple. 👍

Thanks. Yeah I'm kinda proud that a decently good-looking build resulted despite my essentially pure block-on-block, rushed design haha. And as I said, your B build is what made me really want to make a droid build of my own.

Edited by starwarcam

1 hour ago, starwarcam said:

Thanks. Yeah I'm kinda proud that a decently good-looking build resulted despite my essentially pure block-on-block, rushed design haha. And as I said, your B build is what made me really want to make a droid build of my own.

Yay! I'm glad. It's amazing how big a deal composition is. You get the ratios and whatever right (uh oh I don't know any actual terms) and you can get a (relatively) simple build that makes a great impression.

Nice work on the building - definitely has that star wars feel. Not totally sold on the probe droid (feels a little cartoonish to me).

5 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice work on the building - definitely has that star wars feel. Not totally sold on the probe droid (feels a little cartoonish to me).

Thanks! I was mainly inspired by the ID9 seeker droids that the inquisitors use in the Rebels cartoon, so that might have contributed to the cartoonish look of my "map droid."

That is a really nice little build, reminds me of something from Batteries not included!

Theres alot of nice detail to take from this

3 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Have to agree with this - either it's Pulp Sci Fi from the 50s/60s, or Doctor Who... :D The build is great though...

5 hours ago, n1majneb said:

That is a really nice little build, reminds me of something from Batteries not included!

Theres alot of nice detail to take from this

Thank you, and I looked up batteries not included and now cannot un-see the similarity haha

5 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Have to agree with this - either it's Pulp Sci Fi from the 50s/60s, or Doctor Who... :D The build is great though...

Thanks. And hm, of those options I will select pulp sci fi and then decommission the poor fella to the concept art trash heap

The legs are a little too humorous for me. But I love the building and terrain you've built!

Very nice build! I like the blue color selection for the roof to stand it out. But the star of the show is the droid. It's very nice, much in line with the gonk droid design!