Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

[OL - FB] Hail thee, laborers of the world!

51152728383_6bd52c6bdd_c.jpg

The wind played in the red pennants and flags accompanying the makeshift stage that was put up in front of one of the dockside warehouses in Granoléon. Although a bit colder than was usually the case in early May, there were still plenty of people about and soon a small crowd started to gather, eager to hear a militant of the Society of Héracles speak. Young Magnus kept an eye out for danger, in case members of the law enforcement or staunch royalists and anti-equalists showed up.

"Camérades! Remember the First of May when mighty Heracles the royal Nemean Lion did slay!", the speaker's voice boomed through the loud hailer, drowning out the noise of the crashing waves. "Heracles the Strong, tricked by the cunning gods and the system, slew the mighty beast with his bare hands and defied the odds. An everyman who rose above himself and became a hero."

"Remember his deeds, friends, for we still live in perilous and treacherous times. Even now the system preys upon the common folk and seeks to take the fruits of your labor. Remember Heracles and rise up above yourselves too! We can all be heroes and together we have the legendary strength of mighty Heracles and can the defy the odds ourselves."

"Remember Heracles! Remember those who fell in the Kingsport meat grinder for naught but the folly of the King and his politicians! Remember our fellow workers who break their backs on the fields and toil in the factories, only for the rich to become even more rich! We did not want war in Terraversa, it was forced on us! We, the people, bled and died for the glory and the gains of the few. No pay check shall increase, because of the territorial gains made in faraway Terraversa. Nor will the prices of food drop or the work hours shorten. The death of our countrymen will not have enabled mass public education for the working classes. They'd rather keep us dumb, so the fairy tales of the Faith can keep us in line!"

"Remember the victims of Terraversa and do not forget who sent them to the slaughter house in vain in this gigantic waste of public money!"

The militant paused as the people got riled up. He smirked and took up the loud hailer once more. He gestured towards the bread being given out. "Friends, we will look after you: the Society of Héracles. We will defend your rights, always!"

"Let us celebrate this First of May: our feast. YOUR feast!"

The speaker raised his fist and shouted: "Hail thee, laborers of the world!"

Celebratory shouts erupted from the small crowd, with many echoing the speaker's last words.

Police reports state that multiple of these events took place all over the docking district of Granoléon and some other neighborhoods known to house those of lower class. All rallies happened without further incidents, but the general consensus is that this organization should be nipped in the bud before it turns into something larger.

---

It's a really simple build, but I made it more for story purposes than an actual complicated MOC. I had wanted to build something for Labor Day last year, but was too late, so I tried again this year and now I'm only a day late :laugh:. I had wanted to make something larger and even include a response MOC from the law enforcement, but didn't get around to do it. I really wanted something published this year, which I why I settled on a simple build in the end.

I know Heracles/Hercules isn't really an everyman, but it just fits their rhetoric to portray him as such. They wouldn't be a radical political organization if they didn't bend the truth somewhat to fit their views, now would they?

I heartily approve. A wonderful proletariat propaganda build. And where did that 'LECLERC' sticker come from? It seems like a wonderful 'Allo 'Allo reference (a license Lego would never do).

Nice build @Khorne! Good work with the (photoshopped?) signs and graffiti - they add a lot. Good textures and minifigs

20 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I heartily approve. A wonderful proletariat propaganda build. And where did that 'LECLERC' sticker come from? It seems like a wonderful 'Allo 'Allo reference (a license Lego would never do).

I photoshopped the 'Leclerc' sign and the graffiti as @evancelt already pointed out. I actually didn't really have Allo, Allo in mind but it's a nice coincidence :laugh:. I just picked the first French surname that came to mind.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Nice build @Khorne! Good work with the (photoshopped?) signs and graffiti - they add a lot. Good textures and minifigs

Thanks! I'll try and build something bigger next year.

I really like these minifigures, very cool combos.  I suppose I've probably seen them before, but they're still cool. :pir-grin:  Also neat use of clips in the water.

One photography tip - if you're shooting a brick wall straight on, it can really help to put a piece of paper or cloth or something right up against it, keeps light from shining through.  I almost always do this for full-LEGO scenes, since I don't have to worry about cloth showing around the edges on a scene.  For instance here, just bunched up a black t-shirt or something behind the rocks.

Poster%20Behind%20the%20Scenes%20%285%29.JPG

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I really like these minifigures, very cool combos.  I suppose I've probably seen them before, but they're still cool. :pir-grin:  Also neat use of clips in the water.

One photography tip - if you're shooting a brick wall straight on, it can really help to put a piece of paper or cloth or something right up against it, keeps light from shining through.  I almost always do this for full-LEGO scenes, since I don't have to worry about cloth showing around the edges on a scene.  For instance here, just bunched up a black t-shirt or something behind the rocks.

Thanks! I've used the figures several times before. It's kind of the "uniform" of the group.

The photography tip is welcome! I used a black sheet of paper in some of my other builds, but as you can obviously see: I didn't use it here. Having something to block the light would've certainly helped the photography. I'll keep it in mind for the next time.

That's a beautiful scene and photography, by the way. You really did the source artwork justice and captured its essence.

5 hours ago, Khorne said:

That's a beautiful scene and photography, by the way. You really did the source artwork justice and captured its essence.

Thank you! :pir-blush:

Apart from naturally enjoying anything with the potential to destabilise Oleon, I really like these revolutionary builds! :pir-grin:

It's an excellent subject matter, and I think you back up great builds with excellent writing. Keep 'em coming!

On 5/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, Bregir said:

Apart from naturally enjoying anything with the potential to destabilise Oleon, I really like these revolutionary builds! :pir-grin:

It's an excellent subject matter, and I think you back up great builds with excellent writing. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Bregir! I've had the day off yesterday, so I started building on a project I've been wanting to do for some time now. New work is coming!

And yes: this time it'll be more than just a facade build :laugh:.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, Bregir said:

Apart from naturally enjoying anything with the potential to destabilise Oleon, I really like these revolutionary builds!

Never stop scheming you old rascal?

@Khorne I hope you had a great 1st of May lord of the "enlightened and totally unbiased" proletariat! :pir-grin: Now tell us, how much did Bregir paid you for that post??? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:

On 5/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, blackdeathgr said:

@Khorne I hope you had a great 1st of May lord of the "enlightened and totally unbiased" proletariat! :pir-grin: 

Haha, thanks Spy!

On 5/15/2021 at 1:04 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Now tell us, how much did Bregir paid you for that post??? :pir-grin: :pir_tong2:

Not nearly enough!! :devil:

Edited by Khorne