My nephew wanted a fast, green RC dump truck, so I threw this together overnight with what little green I had. It came out kinda crappy but at least it's fun and (mostly) kid-proof.

1280x1166.jpg

1280x671.jpg

1280x885.jpg

1280x591.jpg

1280x684.jpg

1280x1184.jpg

2 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I threw this together overnight

*huh*

This is the understatement of the century. This thing looks perfectly balanced for a toy model. So sturdy and efficiently built. I am completely speechless at how fast you can built such a thing.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks way better than the actual 42008.

Well, I wouldn't compare such a way different trucks :classic:

Great truck, however! It really an impressive creation made within such a limited time. I thing it could be expressed and a "fun momentum", as a ratio of "awesomeness/time"!
Really, some models may be even up to 1:5 scale with fantastic attention to each detail but on other hand it took years to design and build them, so it wasn't a joy building but a hard works instead.

Here I see the mode that even being non 100%-ideal (but who are?) fully meets the expected criteria (child-proof is not the last of them) and looks great!

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Well, I wouldn't compare such a way different trucks :classic:

Seeing as this set seems to have been made from 42008 for the most part, I would.

10 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Seeing as this set seems to have been made from 42008 for the most part, I would.

Ah, I though about a dump and and a tow trucks comparison, sorry))

Here you're absolutely right - that version of "42008-base" is really better.

Wow, this looks amazing! I finally got an order of parts I made a week ago, and have been having fun working on a truck in this scale; not as complicated as something in the arocs scale, and easier to prototype, or change while building.

I also noticed you just have the L motor hooked straight up to the axles, without any reductions. How do you keep it from going to fast, and skipping gears? I have a BuWizz myself, and feel like I have to gear my MOCs down by 2, or 3 stages to get it to a point where it will drive without skipping horribly.

I agree completely with @Jundis and envy you a little bit on 2 things:

- time and

- BuWIZZ

On 5/3/2021 at 10:10 PM, MisteryMan said:

How do you keep it from going to fast, and skipping gears?

It works fine even in fast mode :classic: I guess having the first diff sandwiched between two z20 gears helps. Also, the BuWizz is an old one, so no ludicrous mode :cry_sad:

22 hours ago, suffocation said:

It works fine even in fast mode :classic: I guess having the first diff sandwiched between two z20 gears helps. Also, the BuWizz is an old one, so no ludicrous mode :cry_sad:

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind with my next model. And I've been having problems even in normal - forget fast, or ludicrous - they just aren't speeds I would try using seriously on this type of model.

Speaking of 2.0, I'm eyeing up 3.0. The PU support looks rather tempting for MOCs as PF usage grows lower - I already have a friend waiting on one, because he couldn't get a servo motor before they sold out, and then it wasn't worth spending about $50 CAD on one on BL, when he could just wait to get a BW 3.0, and have a motor that wouldn't only function as a servo - but as a drive motor as well.