Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

[Factions Ep.VIII - Cat C][O8 Taanab-CS] A potentially-maybe-somewhat-possibly-minor-accidental-somewhat-concerning hiccup in operations

*Your entry has earned 11 XP*

One of CorSec's brand new 2nd Generation LAATi gunships has crashed on Taanab, having been sent to conduct security patrol operations on Taanab, searching for Holocron vaults potentially on the planet.

Despite the shuttle's technologically advanced navigation system, droid-brain-assisted pilot, and side mounted thruster modules, this ship has unfortunately crashed, which has had a detrimental impact on operations.

Members of the CorSec spec-forces team have moved out to secure the perimeter around the shuttle.

IMG_8329IMG_8402IMG_8405IMG_8403IMG_8404

As always, comments and criticisms welcome and thank you for viewing. More pictures are available here:

Edited by goatman461

A great rendition of the LAAT/i 

a novel approach to show it crashed too and you’ve incorporated some nice techniques in the ship and the terrain!

Does that ship have an interior too?

Love those trees!

A nice way of showing a crashed ship. Do you plan to build a complete LAAT at some point in the future cause that looks like a great start!

9 hours ago, n1majneb said:

A great rendition of the LAAT/i 

a novel approach to show it crashed too and you’ve incorporated some nice techniques in the ship and the terrain!

Does that ship have an interior too?

Love those trees!

Thank you, the troop bay underneath is completed, there would be room for an interior in the nose but I haven't completed it and it is filled with different hinges and other parts to get teh crumpled angles on the crashed version.

5 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

A nice way of showing a crashed ship. Do you plan to build a complete LAAT at some point in the future cause that looks like a great start!

Thank you. I almost did complete the ship, the entire rear section was almost 100% complete, as was most of the shaping at the front. I decided to dismantle it and show it this way for the storyline, and I thought it would be something a bit different.

This is pretty cool - it is a little rough around the edges. I would maybe switch some of the plates out with black or brown to increase the wreck effect. Maybe also some smoke plumes (brick build or added in photoshop).

The ground scene feels a bit rushed certain places, but the overall moc is really nice, and my comments doesn't take anything away from the great ship! Good job!

Also the dead pilot is a neat detail! :)

Edited by Darth Bjorn

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

This is pretty cool - it is a little rough around the edges. I would maybe switch some of the plates out with black or brown to increase the wreck effect. Maybe also some smoke plumes (brick build or added in photoshop).

The ground scene feels a bit rushed certain places, but the overall moc is really nice, and my comments doesn't take anything away from the great ship! Good job!

Also the dead pilot is a neat detail! :)

Thank you. And I appreciate your feedback, the ground scene was somewhat rushed as I was eager to get onto some other builds and be able to recycle parts, and it is especially visible in the rockwork, and I am glad you like the ship.

There is also a second pilot behind the deceased one (unable to be seen except for the top of his helmet) who is alive.

Edited by Stuartn

Someone fire that pilot! Oh wait... :grin:

I think the crash could look more dynamic, but you've done a good job overall. The ship itself looks nice.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Someone fire that pilot! Oh wait... :grin:

I think the crash could look more dynamic, but you've done a good job overall. The ship itself looks nice.

Thank you, I agree I would've liked to have added a few more details or bits of debris