Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - FB] Office of the Altonian Colonial Company, Jameston

Almost two years ago, representatives of a powerful Altonian trading company approached Colonel Allcock asking for permission to establish a presence in Jameston. The merchants were part of the parliamentary faction pushing for an Altonian colonial presence in the new world. They wanted to set up a trading post in a friendly, established foreign colony as proof of concept and to show the conservative factions in the Altonian parliament the economic benefits of a presence in the new world. Allcock and his buisness manager, Samuel Woodruff, can be seen here in the commemorative painting signing the establishment documents with the Altonian representatives, including the first Altonian ambassador to the Paradise Islands, Mr Klaus Becker on the 3 August 618. The agreement was a success, leading to the Altonian claim in the West Prio Sea.

46858608331_8b58dcd57c_c.jpg

So I posted this build on Flickr back in August 2018 when I was clearing the table scraps from my work bench, but somehow it never quite made it to the forum. The original idea was going to be a aMRCA to help Altonia establish a colony in the Prio Seas but it never really got off the ground. Later the court decided to grant Altonia an island (although no settlement has been defined at this stage), so I missed my chance anyway! So many story arcs to build for and so little time!!!

There's something very nice about this wall design... the row of 1x2 brown tiles is really good.  Somehow it looks very real, I could totally imagine myself in this room.  Also a neat table design and map collection!

I really like the horizontal depth the SNOT-ted tiles on the wall create - it's comparable to using jumper plates to set a wall panel back. The dark orange also nicely complements the rb. Nice battle horn and table design!

The one thing that sticks out for me in a ambivalent way is the lavender plant stem - seems like they let the plant die!

Lovely, clean build with lots of atmosphere!  The antlers and horn are nicely done and really add a nice touch to make the build feel more complete without cluttering up the small space.  Nice build.  :classic: