Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL-FB] Beauchamp Shipyard Rope Factory

Throughout the war, demand in the ship building industry far outpaced capacity. Sensing the shortfall early on, Admiral Retired Girard Beauchamp shrewdly sank every DB he could leverage into expanding the Beauchamp Shipyard in Breshaun. Today, the latest expansion is complete, a rope making factory. 

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_3

The shipyard has always been the crown jewel of Beauchamp's economic empire, and the continued expansion clearly shows that this remains the case. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_2

The long, narrow building is an iconic fixture in major shipyards, required to house the equipment needed to make the miles of rope each capital ship requires.

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_8

The high, vaulted ceiling keeps workers cool despite their labor. 

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_5

To make room for the long building, Beauchamp had to build a sturdy pier with added sturdy beams taken from his Plantation in Eltina. 

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_4

With the backlog of lucrative naval contracts to support the Crown's Fleet, the Admiral loosened up on his traditionally utilitarian construction methods and allowed his home grown carpenters a little freedom in the building's face and stonework. 

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_7

Even with some added frills, the Admiral was pleased to see the new build fit nicely with the rest of the yard. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_4

Laid along side the drydock and perpendicular to the shoreline, the shipyard is becoming a prominent fixture in the waterfront of Breshaun. 

BeauchampShipYardCombined_5

The Beauchamp Shipyard can now outfit rigging without relying on external vendors. 

BeauchampDryDock_RopeBuilding_9

Licensing this latest large factory continues to build self sufficiency and owning his entire production chain.

BeauchampShipYardCombined_3

Note: True or not, my father pointed out long brick buildings in the Charleston Naval Yard once upon a time and explained that it was a rope factory. He never let facts ruin a good story, but I thought it was neat to think of building a building that size just so you could make the miles and miles of rope needed for a ship. So with that inspiration, I had no idea what an actual rope making machine looked like. What you see is loosely based off some stuff google spit out. 

Those legs make really nice window slits... to start admiring this massive beauty by commenting on the first tiny detail that caught my eye!  Lovely work, and it looks so good with the other buildings!

I like the architectural styles of the building and the rigging tool. Very nice rope factory and perfect addition to the shipyard. Individually they look good in different buildings, but together they are more interesting and even more beautiful.

Beautiful factory Cap, I really like this style and this is an excellent example. The inverted reddish-brown slopes supporting the lower roof look really great and are something I will likely borrow at some stage. The legs making the cross pattern are something I've seen before in castles, but would have never thought of using them for this kind of build - they do really look good!! I've been considering a rope factory for a while now and the way you've managed to show the rope in digital form is impressive. I am considering using twine for a brick build.

Lastly the whole diorama is looking very impressive together. Great work!

This is really stunning, Cap! I am struck by its size but also how neatly composed it is. So many details to love!

Great job @CapOnBOBS! I love the rope machines (and the cupcakes on top of the spools). Buildings look great too - massive size!