brick-builds

[MOD] Lego 60236 switch motorized with a power functions motor

Hello,

we made a mod for a 60236 to get it motorized and remote controlled. There are earlier solutions form other people available, so please see also the posting below.

The mechanism is under the track and it's possible to put the motor a little bit outside, so it could be hidden in a small house.

Edited by brick-builds

That's a brilliant idea!! The only thing that may happen is the parts on the gray axle may begin to slide out of their places. I would suggest using a 4262 (technic plate) with a 3743 (gear rack) attached in it's place. Of course it will also require a different bit of framing for this to slide back and forth.

Hi @1963maniac

It is based on an idea of @JopieK and user tmctiger on 1000Steine and I showed the "string solution" here on a layout which worked for four days  on exhibitions in 2019  without problems.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/170063-fully-automated-layout/

There is also the solution for adjustment of the strings (which was never used after build, neither after transport nor during work) .

If you wand to find more ideas for the gear and the small linear power units have a look, PF, 9V, 12V:
https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=369752#id369752
This is much older, so I used axles at that time.

Edited by Lok24

Very nice indeed! Of course the real railroads used cables in the old days, that was the original inspiration.