AusMinifig

Modular Wishlist

Hello Everyone,

I know we are a while off hearing about the next Modular for next year, but I would love to hear everyone's wishlists for future modulars. I'm keen to see what the common wishes are.

I have forever wanted Lego to do a Museum modular, I unfortunately don't have time to create my own MOC of one, so a set would be great to see one day. I thought they could have different parts packs similar to the minifigures ones with a different themes to fill in your museum exhibitions - eg Egyptian, Roman, natural history, arts, Lego History. I know it will never happen but one can dream :grin: 

What does everyone else want to see as future sets?

If you can Ignore the German Gibberish you might  like this Museum a German Youtuber has recently built.
Video Here

I for one think that now with the Police Station Lego will finally touch on more Town Infrastructure like bringing us a School or Hospital. maybe even a big College with small Sports Yard.
Myself, I would actually like a nice Apartment Complex in Modular Style, with Balconies and a lot of Flowers.

I would really like to see a hospital in the same size as AS with a vintage ambulance (such as a Cadillac ambulance)

Some ideas:

• Hospital- $230  Classic brick style, three stories with rooftop, 32x32 baseplate. 8 minifigs: receptionist, doctor, 2 nurses, 2 patients, visitor, ambulance driver, plus baby. Includes classic Cadillac ambulance, as @Stuartn said. First story: ambulance bay, reception area, start of elevator. Second story: two rooms with beds, bathroom, random closet, more elevator. Third story: baby ward, operating room, random closet, more elevator. Roof: benches, lots of flowers, last of the elevator.
  • Hotel- $210  Similar look to the hotel in 60200, three stories with rooftop, 32x32 baseplate. 6 minifigs: bellhop, chef, 2 average patrons, very rich patron, limo driver, plus baby. Includes classic Bentley limo. First story: revolving doors, reception area, upscale French restaurant, start of elevator. Second story: 2 average sized rooms, more elevator. Third story: penthouse suite with exclusive rooftop access, more elevator, stairs up to roof. Rooftop: pool, hot tub, lounge chairs.

I'd love to see more Asian architecture, to go with the Spring Lantern Festival. Chinese Restaurant? Ramen Noodle Bar? Sushi Bar?. 

1 hour ago, Undi3sss said:

I'd love to see more Asian architecture, to go with the Spring Lantern Festival. Chinese Restaurant? Ramen Noodle Bar? Sushi Bar?. 

Considering that 80107 was a modular itself, I reckon that they may well continue in that style, one set per year at a smaller scale than the modulars, but using the modular standard.  Sort of like Market Street, being cheaper and aimed at getting people into modulars, rather than being a main one itself (though it is definitely counted - see the video where Jamie Berard introduces the Assembly Square, with all previous modulars included, and Market Street is one of them).

I know this discussion has been had many times before and been ended many times and I hate to spark it again BUT.......I'd love a train station.

Also, on a side note, this has really got a thread already, that just hasn't been active this year much, and despite its name, it is the place where most wish lists get posted:

It's one of the oldest, most commented on threads in all the forums that's still in some use.  Generally gets going roundabout June discussing the next modular, even though it's 6 months from there to its release.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, temes said:

Maybe an art school, which looks like a renovated old industrial building.

I've been watching this show Great Pottery Throwdown which is set in this beautiful old industrial ceramics factory. 

The bottle shaped kilns would be a good challenge, could have different classes across the levels, include a vintage truck..

Sounds cool.

Hospital, school, post office, museum, library, hotel and an apartment building would be great to see.

My 2023 modular wish list by order of preference : Lego store, Pizzeria, Medical center, Motorbike shopJapanese restaurant, Post office & School.

Edited by dimitri_bricks

A museum would be nice - I'd like something that brings back a lot of the Egypt-specific bricks and prints (hieroglyphs from Adventurers, Anubis Guard from Pharoah's Quest)

I'd also like a florist and the return of the old-style flowers in orange, purple and blue.

Does anybody know what is the latest date a modular has been revealed?

I would love to see:

1.) Aparment with a rooftop greenhouse

2.) Ivy-covering  building

3.) Museum of Art or Science or History 

4.) Japanese sushi house with its garden

5.) Rink arena (highly unlikey tho…)

6.) Abandoned building with graffiti and few ghosts, lol

Some ideas I’ve always wanted to see:

-A full-on apartment building, kinda like the one from The Lego Movie.

-Some sort of skyscraper like the Daily Bugle.

-A hospital.

-A large toy store.

-A post office.

-A play theatre.

-Some sort of school or university.

-An ice cream shop and an arcade as one.

-A pizzeria. 

-Some sort of mall?

I know i did post my wish list here but i will echo my thought on abandoned building. Since it’s Halloween, I think it’s really cool that Modular series will have a haunted, run-down apartment wiht a few ghosts and ghost hunters. There you will have an old building in middle of the city!

You know…ghosts are everywhere.

I just realize something tha we never have in the Modular Building line before.

1.) Mmergency Center - Sure we have police station and fire bridage but a place where 911 communicaiton officers take calls and dispatch some neccesary help?

2.) Hospital - Okay, it does hav emergency section but we really need a single-purpose building like movie theater, fire house, etc. oh and a helicopter landing pad. 

3.) Damaged or Burnt Apartment - I think it’s best to have some damaged building in the Modular Building line. I mean, I only see a minor damage and it was a small crack in the rear of the Police Station building. So..i think it’s time to see some disaster-infected building.

26 minutes ago, Lion King said:

2.) Hospital - Okay, it does hav emergency section but we really need a single-purpose building like movie theater, fire house, etc. oh and a helicopter landing pad. 

Now that's something I'd back up! We've seen at least 4 hospitals in City and about 2 or 3 for Friends. Time to do one for modulars. 

2 hours ago, The Brick Boss said:

Now that's something I'd back up! We've seen at least 4 hospitals in City and about 2 or 3 for Friends. Time to do one for modulars. 

Yeah! You may think I’m crazy but i think Hospital shoud not be situated on the standard baseplate. I feel the standard baseplate would make the building look “small”. Can’t they expand the baseplate moe wide just like Assembly Square set. Plus Assembly Square has over 4,000 pieces. I just think Hospital will have more rooms, such as operational room, waiting room, ER room, ambulance garage, patient’s room, helicopter pad, and entrance room. I mean Hospital has so many rooms that desginers need to sequeeze into a single set. I don’t think the standard baseplate would do good. We don’t need two standard baseplates combined, just a half baseplate. 

I don't know whether they would go for a hospital though. All the modulars so far have been set in the 30s, 40s, and 50s (in my mind it's the 40s and the Downtown Diner is the new breakout architectural style that will sweep the nation over the next decade). Hospitals then we're always great, and perhaps not the kind of thing that LEGO would focus on much. You can't have the nice slick stuff available to hospitals in modern times (which you can do with City and Friends sets). But a doctor's office might be more likely, as that would be far simpler to achieve, able to go into a mixed-use building, and probably fit more in the idea of a bustling city street.

I'd really like a post office or library though. Or a train station!

Post office is currently top on my list. While I'd love a museum, hospital or school, I feel that to be done right they would need to be much bigger than Assembly Square and cost $500+, and I'd rather see the Modular series stay in it's current price range to be honest.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I don't know whether they would go for a hospital though. All the modulars so far have been set in the 30s, 40s, and 50s (in my mind it's the 40s and the Downtown Diner is the new breakout architectural style that will sweep the nation over the next decade). Hospitals then we're always great, and perhaps not the kind of thing that LEGO would focus on much. You can't have the nice slick stuff available to hospitals in modern times (which you can do with City and Friends sets). But a doctor's office might be more likely, as that would be far simpler to achieve, able to go into a mixed-use building, and probably fit more in the idea of a bustling city street.

I'd really like a post office or library though. Or a train station!

Well, probably you are right about hospital. I would be fine with a clinic.

and I don’t think we will have a train station. Modular Buildings line rarely include any form of transportation. 

3 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Modular Buildings line rarely include any form of transportation. 

I saw this bus terminal and coffee shop on Lego Ideas. Perhaps if they remove one of the buses, it could work. 

legacy

26 minutes ago, Silverhurst said:

Post office is currently top on my list. While I'd love a museum, hospital or school, I feel that to be done right they would need to be much bigger than Assembly Square and cost $500+, and I'd rather see the Modular series stay in it's current price range to be honest.

If they are doing Modular Buidlings line to celebrate its anniversary, it would make sense why they increase price up to $350 - $500 if one set that is larger than Assembly Square for 20th annivesary. But I would complain if they device to increase price up to $240 rom the current one on the next Modular Buildings. 

I personally didn't want a police station in my city but I liked the design of the 2021 modular (and managed to find it on sale for a great deal), so I modded two sets of it into a museum.

Asian architecture would be interesting, but I doubt they would release that as part of the modular line. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that we might see more of those in the Ninjago, Monkie kid or Lunar New Year sets in future.

I'd like to see a big modular building with the same footprint as the Grand Emporium (or even bigger), but that's unlikely for a few reasons:

• The building experience is repetitive. Old modular buildings had a lot of steps involving >30 headlight bricks, or >30 arches. Lego has tried to focus more on the build experience even for modulars now. This dilutes the focus of the line a bit, but that's a product strategy they've deliberately taken I guess.
  • It'll cost more. The Jazz Club is already an uncomfortable price that I'm not sure if I want to pay retail for. As other folks have said, it might happen for a 20th anniversary set, but it's likely that a 20th anniversary set would include more buildings, rather than one bigger building.

Because of that, the best we can reasonably expect is probably a building that looks easy to mod into a bigger building, like the 2021 Police Station modular was.

If I remember correctly, the modulars have always followed a residential > commercial > government cycle, so if this continues to hold, the 2024 modular would be a government building. A post office would be nice, or maybe a school.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor, I’m not sure what is your point behind the residential - commercial - governmental cycle? 

2020 - Bookshop which has a mix of residential and commercial.

2021 - Police Station which it’s goverment-ish

2022 - Boutique Hotel which I don’t see residentia, just more commercial 

2023 - Jazz Club which has a small apartment but that set is mostly commercial?

I think we will need to see more small businesses in Modular Building lines rather than any eatery ( pizza, donut shop, etc). 

I would like to see:

1) Dry Cleaner

2.) Anique Store 

3.) Clinic 

4) Insurance Agency (really it’s a small one…)

5.) Post Office

6.) Toy Store

7.) Travel Agency