Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[Factions Ep. 8 - Cat C][H10 - Jedha - FF] SoroSuub Shuttle Bound for Vohai

*Your entry has earned 27 XP*

Following Lorrd, refugees from Entralla move on the Jedha before escaping to Vohai. Their shuttle is unarmed and quite vulnerable, but well suited for discretely moving as many people as possible across hyperspace.

51144931993_1716d83db2_b.jpg

Spoiler

51154320104_d724f9964a_b.jpg

The stopover in Jedha will allow the crew to refuel and resupply before their longest stretch. Not much survived the attack on Jedha, but the Imperials that returned for "disaster recovery" maintained a fairly independent outpost that ended up being highly influenced by the Followers of the Force that quickly followed, making for a quite, unassuming ally to those escaping the New Territories.

51136968459_0e6a8ac232_b.jpg

51153766093_d7eb1ffa2a_b.jpg

51154319719_9eb9a5d569_b.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/COaDjN_JvBr/?igshid=26e4iutm0pvc

https://www.instagram.com/p/COaOcV5JSQR/?igshid=ir7eche7r6vc

Edited by goatman461

did not realize this ship would also have such a good interior. love the droids within this scene and in the ship. The subtle angles of the ship and the engines to me are its strongest features. really like the clean design of it overall with the exposed areas showing through toward the front. and i didnt even mention the bridge, which is great even in its own right and makes me wonder if you will take it somewhere in a future build.

Edited by starwarcam

Absolutely fantastic, the real stars being the Bridge and the Shuttle itself. Both of those builds are packed with insane techniques and come out looking smooth and whole and convincing. I'm a sucker for reference-book-style descriptions, and this is a great one, straight out of the "Cross-Sections" books. The graphics add a lot. I think the ground could use more tiles/wedges/rocks, but the bridge and shuttle both, on their own, are incredible builds. But also, love for that beast back there, love a beast, great beast.
Great job.

Edited by RocketBoy

The shuttle and the archway are both so great! I assume the flat landscape is to show that they could realistically be landing areas but I think the area on the far side of the arch could have benefitted from being smaller or maybe having some kind of details (a platform?) buried in the sand just to break up the landscape a little more. That said the interior is great and the build definitely captures the feel of a landing area.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

The shuttle and the archway are both so great! I assume the flat landscape is to show that they could realistically be landing areas but I think the area on the far side of the arch could have benefitted from being smaller or maybe having some kind of details (a platform?) buried in the sand just to break up the landscape a little more. That said the interior is great and the build definitely captures the feel of a landing area.

Agreed. Just didn’t have time to mess with much landscape and thought a smaller base would look strange. I wanted to make sure it looked like it was the only structure around. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, goatman461 said:

Agreed. Just didn’t have time to mess with much landscape and thought a smaller base would look strange. I wanted to make sure it looked like it was the only structure around. Thanks. 

I get this - but I still feel you could have added a few more details to make it feel more like a refueling station. Maybe a few big fuel containers (i see the barrels - I'm thinking a few big tanks). That said, I don't think it takes away from the super well done ruined bridge/archway, and the impressive shuttle... The covering of the two engines can feel a little like wooden panels or planks, but I see no better alternative right now... Beautiful ship!

Love the visual guide picture! That's a good looking shuttle. And your arch is top notch. Also love the Ralph McQuarrie animal.

I can't add anything that hasn't been said. The ship and broken bridge separately are brilliant but together they really bring out each others strengths. 
Lovely detail across this