Ayrlego

Rebuilding Terraversa - Era II, Challenge IV - RESULTS Posted!

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

So, how does the Sunday 22 August sound to all? It's a big challenge and we currently don't have advanced plans for the next challenge, so an extra month seems reasonable and should give us all time for some additional entries. 

More than I needed, but I'll take it. :pir-grin:

To be fair to members who have submitted CAT D, E and F entries prior to today, I think a small bonus in score would be reasonable to be awarded - or alternatively they can modify or update their entry if they so desire.

Allowing entries to be modified is what we've done in the past. I'm not wild about a bonus in score; this penalizes players who were going to meet the deadline but hadn't posted yet. And in general, I'm not wild about bonuses that affect scoring of entries. 

To be fair to members who have submitted CAT D, E and F entries prior to today, I think a small bonus in score would be reasonable to be awarded - or alternatively they can modify or update their entry if they so desire. Also, I am very happy for members to submit multiple entries for these categories if they are inspired - although only the highest scoring entry will be eligible for rewards. 

Thanks. As all of my builds are already broken down, I'd like to opt for the small bonus in score.

Results | Part Two - Consequences

Category D: Check Point Silitholina

Although the border town of Silithonlina has probably, after Kingsport, undergone the most changes of any settlement in Terraversa after the war, the citizens and new authorities have quickly adapted to their new circumstances, and although the old foes still look at each other warily across the river and have made sure to fortify their positions, the citizens have once again begun to travel back and forth with relative ease and the arrangement for a free-trade zone mid river has resulted in a fresh commercial boom with many opportunities for those trading in all kinds of wares.

1st Place - Checkpoint Team: Each member of the winning team (@Thomas Waagenaar, @KotZ, @Bregir) will receive one free large property licence (mircobuild required to activate) to be placed in either North or South Silitholina (at least one prize licence must be placed in each).

2nd Place - Sil Crossing Team: Each member of the team (@Ross Fisher, @evancelt) will receive one free medium property licence (mircobuild required to activate) to be placed in either North or South Silitholina (one prize licence must be placed in each).

3rd Place - @Professor Thaum & @CapOnBOBS: both members who have received third place will receive one free small property licence (mircobuild required to activate) to be placed in either North or South Silitholina (one prize licence must be placed in each).

Category E: The Cross Roads

So far the Terraversan conflict appears to have been a blessing in disguise for the Atwi people, as a new move to trade with the interior has blossomed out of the many new trade interests that have taken new or firmer root on the gateway island.  The ETTC and RNTC have been foremost in engaging the natives with new trading posts and caravans, and the Atwi appear to be pleased with their now officially recognized independence.

1st Place @Ayrlego: 10 percent trading bonus yield for every ETTC commercial build licensed anywhere on Terraversa.

2nd Place @CapOnBOBS: 5 percent trading bonus yield for every commercial build licenced by the RNTC anywhere on Terraversa.

Category F: Smugglers Den

Nothing is sleepy in the small town of Tenari anymore!  Well, except, perhaps, for the rule of law.  With the developments in Terraversa this settlement has become a little hub of nefarious activity, as pirates, smugglers, and scapegraces of all nations look to it as a gateway to their own fortunes and a new base for activities where they can keep an eye on and take advantage of all the goods and ships that sail to and past Terraversa from the Old World and back towards it.  Rumor has it that if you are a coast guard or customs official who doesn't take their job too seriously and whose pockets like to jingle with other than lawful tax mony, Tenari is the place to be! 

1st Place @Capt Wolf: One free Class 5 ship licence (to be activated by microbuild) must fly the black.

2nd Place @Professor Thaum: One free Class 4 ship licence (to be activated by microbuild) must fly the black.

3rd Place @evanceltOne free Class 3 ship licence (to be activated by microbuild) must fly the black.

Participation Bonus: Players who submit a valid entry for Part Two are be eligible to choose one of the following, in addition to the one they recieved if they also participated in Part One:

• One free Class 3 ship licence (to be activated by microbuild)
  • One free small property licence for any location (activated by microbuild)
  • One free medium property licence for any settlement on Terraversa (activated by microbuild)

Eligible Players for Part Two:

@Ross Fisher, @evancelt, @Professor Thaum, @Thomas Waagenaar, @KotZ, @Bregir, @CapOnBOBS, @Ayrlego, @Brickwolf, @Faladrin, @Capt Wolf

In addition to the above, builders who rank number one in category for their faction may upgrade their Part Two participation licences as follows:

• One free Class 4 ship licence (to be activated by microbuild)
  • One free medium property licence for any location (activated by microbuild)
  • One free large property licence for any settlement on Terraversa (activated by microbuild)

Eligible Players for the Part Two participation bonus upgrade: @evancelt, @Professor Thaum, @Thomas Waagenaar@Bregir, @CapOnBOBS@Ayrlego@Capt Wolf

All micro licenses must be used prior to December 1st, 2021.

Part One results here.

I've added the list of everyone eligible for the participation bonus in part one too (you're welcome, @Ross Fisher :pir-grin: :pir_laugh2:) so it makes it easier to know how many prizes and micro-licences everyone is eligible for!  And congrats to all the winners and to everybody who's participated in the challenge!  Looking forward to those new black flaggers especially! :pir-wink: :pir-sweet:

I congratulate all winners and thank everyone who took part.:pir-huzzah2: There were many very nice builds there.