Sariel

Online LEGO Wheels Chart - major update

One of my online tools for AFOLs, the LEGO Wheels chart, has received a major update, including:

• unified, highly detailed 3D images of all wheels
  • 11 new wheels added
  • dead links fixed
  • rim/tire combinations updated
  • overhauled code for easier maintenance

The list of wheels now includes wheels released in first half of 2021, and the number of tire/rim combinations now reaches well over 200. The tool is available free of charge at wheels.sariel.pl

If you’re an Android user, you may alternatively want to consider my free ad-less mobile app Sariel’s Wheels Table.

This is great - thank you for the update and for continuing to share both inspiration and useful data!  :classic:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I look from time to time in your wheels chart, but somehow I'm missing this tire https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=52985#T=C&C=11

Oh yeah, I have this one but totally missed it, sorry. I'll probably add it next month. I also have this idea for a "wheel builder" feature where you pick a rim and see all tires that fit it and vice versa, but this will take a while to make and I don't exactly have much time these days.

9 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Oh yeah, I have this one but totally missed it, sorry. I'll probably add it next month. I also have this idea for a "wheel builder" feature where you pick a rim and see all tires that fit it and vice versa, but this will take a while to make and I don't exactly have much time these days.

It could happen; I also neglect parts that I do not use for MOCs, so (looking at your vehicles like GAZ that do not use this tire I assume that you don't plan to make model based on those tires). But I like that you put spike tires from 42124 in chart :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Sariel said:

I also have this idea for a "wheel builder" feature where you pick a rim and see all tires that fit it and vice versa, but this will take a while to make and I don't exactly have much time these days.

If I move the cursor over a wheel, it seems to be doing something like that already, for that specific rim and tire, right? It's a very useful feature, thanks a lot, do you mean to elaborate further on that?

Just as feedback, those pop-up images seem to be loading very-very slowly, at first I thought they were missing or cropped (most of them only showed one quarter or half), but after a few minutes they did load. Not sure if it's just on my side.

Thanks so much for the update, personally I still prefer using the website (I have the PC on the same desk as I build and most likely I'd be using your scaler and/or LDD at the same time too :sweet:), so cannot tell any feedback on the application unfortunately. The new renders are fantastic, looks excellent all in the same style.

36 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

*snip*

Just as feedback, those pop-up images seem to be loading very-very slowly, at first I thought they were missing or cropped (most of them only showed one quarter or half), but after a few minutes they did load. Not sure if it's just on my side.

For me they load instantly (I do have fibre-optic internet though), so it might be on your end...

Edited by syclone

10 minutes ago, syclone said:

For me they load instantly (I do have fibre-optic internet though), so it might be on your end...

I do have fibre-optic internet too.. And the main images loaded instantly, just the pop-up ones were slow, that's why I thought there might something about those.

The smaller images are displayed directly from Bricklink, so it all depends on the connection you have with their server. I probably should just download them and host them myself, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Edit: aaaand done! All rims/tires images are now hosted right there with the tool itself so they should pop up instantly, I hope. I guess now that I have a complete list of rims and tires used, I could try making nice renders of them all and using them instead... Gosh, why are there only 24 hours in a day?

If I may add a few observations on your very handy table:
I could not find 49.6 x 28 VR tires (from e.g. 8286) respectively 68.8 x 36 ZR (from e.g. 8386).
The 'tractor tire' from 42122 is not shown for all possible occurences of the rim.

Edited by anyUser

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Edit: aaaand done! All rims/tires images are now hosted right there with the tool itself so they should pop up instantly, I hope.

Great, thanks! Seems to work now without delays.

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

I guess now that I have a complete list of rims and tires used, I could try making nice renders of them all and using them instead...

Indeed, having them rendered uniformly would make it easier to comprehend which one is which.

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Gosh, why are there only 24 hours in a day?

I wonder the same quite often..

I've added two extra wheels that you guys requested and also introduced a "rarity" column, where each wheel is rated rare (in 3 sets or less), uncommon (in 4 to 12 sets) or common (>12 sets). Hope this helps!

http://wheels.sariel.pl/

Can we please pretty please have the 4 duplo tires because they are a unique size and can fit onto some technic rims and some system rims/custom built system rims

I own two of the types, shown in the first and 6th image below:

640x288.jpg

20210430_205007.jpg

I also showed how some other rims can technically fit on tires not designed for them in this thread:
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/101081-general-part-discussion/

Regards, Snipe

That list is really useful and using this is way quicker than checking LDD :)
Thank you very much for the work you have put into it.

I'm still a bit confused by the use of different numbers of decimal places.
Like the different specifications of rim diameter and rim width between the rim of the Wrangler wheel and the rim of the Grave Digger (and many others) wheel, which should be the same imho.
I guess it`s bc of rounding to a different number of digits and at the end it makes no difference at all, but it distracts me when scrolling through the list.

I assume changing it would mean a lot of work with no added value, soooo... I hope I didn't sound too bitchy.

5 hours ago, Sariel said:

Duplo tires on LEGO rims? I smell heresy...

Nope, they fit on anything that is exactually  4Lx4L which includes 1 or 2 technic rims. (I'll add part ID's soon) I tested it real life with 4x4 system parts a while back.