Enrico7676

Bahnbetriesbwerk NeuKriche 2.0

Around 1.5 years ago i displayed my Bahnbetriebswerk NeuKirche for the last time at a model railroad show. I case you missed it check out these links for the BMR article of that show and a video, where the Bahnbetriebswerk was featured in: 

https://brickmodelrailroader.com/index.php/2020/02/20/bmr-report-de-nederlandse-modelspoordagen-in-rijswijk/ 

I dicided to take a part the old one, and start a new version, which would predominantly focus on one thing, a turntable and roundhouse(or ringlokschuppen mit drehscheibe, or ringloods met draaischijf). At the end of last year I started work on the turntable itself. I bought some tables from Ikea that have leggs which are adjustable in hight, making it easyer to fit the sarlec pit the tuntable uses.I first used a similair powerisation that West-Turngate uses on his turntable. Recently with some advice from UrbanErwin I changed that out for a more simplere and effectiver powerisation.

The roundhouse itself will have a total of 12 tracks, I'm currently working on the first 3 and I'm at the point of adding the roof sections. Once these are complete I will copy and paste the design for the next 12 tracks. So stil a long way to go! The deadline is LegoWorld in Oktober. However I hope to bring the WIP to Skeuditz in August.

Update time!!

Edited by Enrico7676

Oh wow! The old layout was amazing, and this new build looks like it will rival it. Good scenery like this takes as much work as the trains, if not more. Are you only building up a few meters in the area of the roundhouse, or will you have a large detailed loop again?

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

Oh wow! The old layout was amazing, and this new build looks like it will rival it. Good scenery like this takes as much work as the trains, if not more. Are you only building up a few meters in the area of the roundhouse, or will you have a large detailed loop again?

The plan for now, is just the roundhouse and turntable and the scenery around it.

With a simple connecting track to the main line. I do have some plans for the future.(something really big!!)

Another update of this giant project!

Currently working on the roof extensions, which are a pain in the megablocks. Getting the angles right is a pain staking work that involves a lot of measuring. I hope I can start on the scenery around the model soon, got a lot of cool ideas for that for a while and I'm looking foward to adding these the layout.

Oh and there still 9 tracks to add:pir-tongue:

Update time!   Another update on the turntable and roundhouse.

@Enrico7676 thanks for sharing your work in progress on the Roundhouse and the turntable. Isn't this a masterpiece to build for each LEGO train fan?! Remembering building mine I can say: beware off the size. The roof and the back wall will eat a lot of elements (but it's worth it). And keep room for gaps, you can not measure everything in advance and the copies of your segments might not go together as easily as you might think in theory.

Height adjustable tables helps a lot, less pricy then raising everything else then the turntable.

Are you going for electric lights and remote opening doors? 

Good luck and patience with your Roundhouse :-)

Holger 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:10 AM, HoMa said:

@Enrico7676 thanks for sharing your work in progress on the Roundhouse and the turntable. Isn't this a masterpiece to build for each LEGO train fan?! Remembering building mine I can say: beware off the size. The roof and the back wall will eat a lot of elements (but it's worth it). And keep room for gaps, you can not measure everything in advance and the copies of your segments might not go together as easily as you might think in theory.

Height adjustable tables helps a lot, less pricy then raising everything else then the turntable.

Are you going for electric lights and remote opening doors? 

Good luck and patience with your Roundhouse :-)

Holger 

Thanks for the advice!

The amount of parts that go into the roof is just mind blowing. I believe I already used around 2.500 1x4 Black tiles for just 3 stalls/tracks. The tip for gaps is a good one! Will definitely keep that in mind. Lights is high up on the list.

Remote opening doors might be something I want to add in the future.  Those are more on the list for things I can add later, one of those things/ideas is a large water tower.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This is a piece that not everyone can afford but it is a must for every railway modeler! 

Lovely work! :wub_drool:

I couldn't agree more! And this is great for my lug to use for displaying all our steam loco's. 

The roof of the first 3 sections of track is finally finished. Took so much time! The roof has so many unique and strange corners and gaps to it. 

Next up is some scenery around the roundhouse and turntable.

The roof of the first 3 sections of track is finally finished.

On 5/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, JopieK said:

What parts did you use for the 'pit'? 

Just some lbg tiles which are placed in a angle and attached to the r40 circle. 

I haven't really posted anything recently about my turntable and roundhouse.

Been extremly busy the last few days. I did manage to put some work into the scenery around the turntable and small portion of the roundhouse.

Next up are some small details for the scenery, the details behind the roundhouse and than the interieur. 

I haven't really posted anything recently about my turntable and roundhouse.

Did some building this weekend.  Currently really close on finishing the turntable.  Just some small

Did some building this weekend.

Currently really close on finishing the turntable.

Just some small holes to fill here and there, than I will be able to add more tracks to the roundhouse itself!

Excellent progress. I would love to see this in real life, but will have to live with the internet version. Best of luck in making the deadline.

This is looking truly amazing!  I’m extremely jealous...  How long a locomotive can you fit?

On 7/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

This is looking truly amazing!  I’m extremely jealous...  How long a locomotive can you fit?

80 studs is the length of each section.

Track number 11 is in!

11th track is just in! One more to go and than it's time to built some walls!

10 hours ago, ivanlan9 said:

Dude, how are you going to have room for anything else?

Amazing work, BTW.

Haven't got that much space left😅. It will be in storage and at public events for most of it's life time!

Must be quite satisfying to have something like this. Easily has more pieces than other peoples whole layout! Absolutely stunning and something to dream about.