evancelt

[COR-FB] A Toast To Corrington!

A Terraversan peace agreement had been reached with Oleon, and a large portion of the Corlander expeditionary forces stationed in Westface were beginning to withdraw to points across the Brick Seas.

Colonel Allcock had decided to stay in Westface with the remaining soldiers for the time being to assist L'Olius in establishing the new Commonwealth, and to justify the free trade agreement Corrington enjoyed with the new state.

Before the commanders of the departing forces set sail, Allcock invited them to the inn where he kept rooms to share in a celebratory toast and meat pies.

toast2-1.jpg

In attendance were Colonel Allcock, Major Brickford, Lord Spud, Don Isaac Montoya, Captain Brickleton, Captain Cooke, and Captain Redding.

Colonel Allcock led a toast: "To the new Commonwealth of Terraversa! To the Queen! To Corrington!"

toast2-2.jpg

OOC: Wanted to try a build with dark brown accents - hadn't tried that before

Licensed as a large artisan in Westface

Old Roof Version:

Spoiler

toast-1.jpg

toast-2.jpg

Edited by evancelt

I like something new. The different construction methods of the floor are interesting. The house goes very well with it.

Superb! The door and stone work around it, the edges of the table, the use of the lime(ish) green, the studs on top for texture while the rest of the roof is smooth. All fantastic.

Edited by CapOnBOBS

Interesting mixture of tan/nougat/dark orange and dark red which has worked out very well. I think I will be trying this style in Westface build in the future. The olive and lime works out nicely for landscaping colours as well. I think the dark brown worked out well for the roof, although maybe the pitch on the slate section could be slightly steeper to match the wooden façade? The SNOT courtyard works really well as well!

Very nice work all up and it is great to see all the key Corrie characters on the Terraversa expedition in one build; especially in such a nice setting. Will you license it?

I love 99% of this MOC.  It has superb details (spacer tiles in the garden wall are a neat trick... going to try to remember that one), a lovely palette, a well crafted story, and great photography.

I don’t like the roof unfortunately.

I see where you were going with the green lichen on the edges, but the flat dark grey tile bricks ubruptly going to earth tones has me pondering what it represents.  A sheet metal roof? I wonder if a brown tile ‘wood shingle’ or dark red 1x1 tube ‘red clay tile’ roof design might have looked better.

But as I said, I love all the rest of it.

Edited by Kwatchi

11 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice house and clever display of known minfigs.  Cheers ! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks!

9 hours ago, NOD said:

I like something new. The different construction methods of the floor are interesting. The house goes very well with it.

Thanks! Yes, the floor was a highlight, but was very plate-intensive. I really like the smaller textural details plate SNOT allows

9 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Wow, this looks excellent!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Superb! The door and stone work around it, the edges of the table, the use of the lime(ish) green, the studs on top for texture while the rest of the roof is smooth. All fantastic.

Thanks! Per your original note, I plan on tweaking the dark brown roof areas to add some ornamentation. I need to look through my bins to see what other dark brown elements I have (or complementary colors)

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Interesting mixture of tan/nougat/dark orange and dark red which has worked out very well. I think I will be trying this style in Westface build in the future. The olive and lime works out nicely for landscaping colours as well. I think the dark brown worked out well for the roof, although maybe the pitch on the slate section could be slightly steeper to match the wooden façade? The SNOT courtyard works really well as well!

Very nice work all up and it is great to see all the key Corrie characters on the Terraversa expedition in one build; especially in such a nice setting. Will you license it?

Thanks! I think I am going to make 3 or 4 adjustments to the build and then license that updated version. Think this fits the bill for Medium Artisan? Should have the updated version reposted up this week.

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

I love 99% of this MOC.  It has superb details (spacer tiles in the garden wall are a neat trick... going to try to remember that one), a lovely palette, a well crafted story, and great photography.

I don’t like the roof unfortunately.

I see where you were going with the green lichen on the edges, but the flat dark grey tile bricks ubruptly going to earth tones has me pondering what it represents.  A sheet metal roof? I wonder if a brown tile ‘wood shingle’ or dark red 1x1 tube ‘red clay tile’ roof design might have looked better.

But as I said, I love all the rest of it.

Thanks for your feedback! I also think the roof needs some help - I made this entire build in 6 hours from 8:30p - 2:30a. When I was "finished" at 2:30a I posted it right up, though I should have sat on it for another day to review. Building normal-sized walls with plates took longer than I originally anticipated :pir-grin: I am going to make some adjustments and then repost!

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Think this fits the bill for Medium Artisan?

I think it would be pretty safe to call it a large artisan. I get a rough footprint of 54x40ish - close enough in my book.

I really like the mottled colors you've got on these walls!  Great combo.  The dark brown also looks good, didn't even know those arches existed in dark brown!

I agree that the roof looks funny, I can't figure out what real life material it's made out of. :pir-grin:  It was a good call to tie in the olive on the ground with more moss on the roof though.

I was dissatisfied with the roof in the initial version I posted up here, so now I've made some adjustments to its pitch and coloring! Also added some more ornamental elements to the dark brown wood in the roof. Original post is updated with new images, and old images are included in a spoiler

Edited by evancelt

Another excellent build! I like the color choices you made for the building and also the mix of the flashy green and the more desaturated hues of the olive green. I saw the initial version with the "old" roof on Flickr and I must say the new version is definitely an improvement.