User5346

LEGO Speed Champions 8 Wide MOCs

Hi everyone,

So I’ve been thinking and have decided to create a new topic for everyone’s 8 wide Speed Champion Mocs! This is because I find it a bit annoying to create a new topic for every Moc, so hopefully people here will be happy to contribute in terms of submitting your own Mocs or to just share your thoughts everyone’s builds. I am currently working on a Bugatti Chiron in 8 wide so I’ll post that here soon. If anyone wants to start this thread off by posting some pictures, please go ahead and hopefully this can become a permanent topic! :snicker:

Thanks User 5346,

Here are my own favourite MOCs so far (already shared on onther Eurobrick threads)

Edited by AbFab1974

36 minutes ago, AbFab1974 said:

Here are my own favourite MOCs so far (already shared on onther Eurobrick threads)

These look awesome! 

I've just created a Flickr account, so here is my Mclaren Speedtail! :)

51138264915_a30424a506_k.jpgLEGO Mclaren Speedtail 8 wide Side by User 5346, on Flickr

**if someone could please tell me how to embed the album so it shows as a slideshow, I would really appreciate that!

Edited by User5346

On 4/25/2021 at 12:11 PM, User5346 said:

These look awesome! 

I've just created a Flickr account, so here is my Mclaren Speedtail! :)

51138264915_a30424a506_k.jpgLEGO Mclaren Speedtail 8 wide Side by User 5346, on Flickr

**if someone could please tell me how to embed the album so it shows as a slideshow, I would really appreciate that!

you just need to copy-paste the link of your Flick album - but paste as plain text -

For instance, Your Flickr Album should have the following address:

https ://www.flickr.com/photos/192846115@N02/albums/72157719019212818

By just pasting it here as a plain text, it will then be auto-translated as an hyperlink, which allows to flip through the Album pics.

Edited by AbFab1974

Some great looking MOCs guys keep them coming! 

Interested to see what you creative and talented people come up with when this years sets arrive with new parts etc, should be a great Summer for 8 stud wide MOCs

Here we go - my latest creation...

...and now officially the most vintage model of my SC collection!

Edited by AbFab1974

23 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

Here we go - my latest creation...

...and now officially the most vintage model of my SC collection!

WOW this is amazing! 

I can see the hard work that has gone into this, it must have been hard to get the lines right. It takes a certain level of skill to make older cars look good in lego but you have pulled it off. 

I especially love the detailing and the way you have got seating for two minfigs, a proper boot (trunk) and a detailed engine bay, very jealous of your skills

18 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

WOW this is amazing! 

I can see the hard work that has gone into this, it must have been hard to get the lines right. It takes a certain level of skill to make older cars look good in lego but you have pulled it off. 

I especially love the detailing and the way you have got seating for two minfigs, a proper boot (trunk) and a detailed engine bay, very jealous of your skills

Thanks ever so much LegoMFP_David,

I am very glad you like this latest model of mine; personally, I am  pleased with the style but not too much with its sturdiness: the model is a bit fragile on the front end, due to lack of support in the area, (mainly because I did not use any traditional fenders, which tend to connect front parts nicely together)

What I really liked with this project, was to include some chrome parts (I never used them before).

I contacted a Dutch company, which did a great job, even if:

1. it wasn't cheap (c.£1 per part).

2. The extra chrome layer means that it is tricky to assemble clip the parts together.

All in all I am pleased with this 'Chroming' experiment and have already retrofitted so more chrome-plated parts on some of my other SC creations (exhausts pipes in particular)

Here is my latest MOC - The McLaren Senna in 8-studs.

Not much left from the original Lego set, except for the Front end design and few re-used stickers. My favourite part: the tripe exhausts in real parts (rather than the ugly sticker on the 6-Studs model...

Edited by AbFab1974

This looks way better than the original! I love the new windscreen, and how you did the sticker on the door. My only complaint is the brackets covering the taillights are a little chunky, but everything else is great!

7 hours ago, noahtheb said:

This looks way better than the original! I love the new windscreen, and how you did the sticker on the door. My only complaint is the brackets covering the taillights are a little chunky, but everything else is great!

Thanks alot  Noahtheb,

I agree with you re. the Rear end. I don't have a better solution at the moment but no doubts I'll continue fine tune this model!

Cheers

6 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

...And now a Maserati MC12 from 2004...

Wow that’s awesome!

thanks for keeping this topic alive haha, my Bugatti Chiron Moc has had to temporarily stop as although I’ve finished it in a mismatch of colours there are pieces in the medium azure that do not exist in the parts I needs so I’ll have to wait :cry_sad:

On 5/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, User5346 said:

Wow that’s awesome!

thanks for keeping this topic alive haha, my Bugatti Chiron Moc has had to temporarily stop as although I’ve finished it in a mismatch of colours there are pieces in the medium azure that do not exist in the parts I needs so I’ll have to wait :cry_sad:

Cheers,

I can't wait to see your finished Chiron.

btw re. the colour - I had the same problem and the only choice of colour compatible with all the parts I wanted was Black, white, blue or Red. Even the Medium or Dark Greys were not an option. Sad i wanted to give my Chiron a more distinctive look!

Edited by AbFab1974

As much as I would rather wait until finished, here is my Bugatti Chiron in 8 wide. I want to do medium azure for the front half and dark blue at the rear however a few parts don’t exists in those colours unfortunately.

There is a picture of the front and rear on my Flickr, keep in mind the font will have the headlight stickers on them once finished. 

Bugatti Chiron 8 wide side

Any progress on your 8-studs Chiron?

at my end - here is my latest creation a F50

I

Edited by AbFab1974

I have also enhanced a bit my F40 in the meantime:

Ferrari F40 8 Studs 11 jpgFerrari F40 8 Studs 12 jpgFerrari F40 8 Studs 13 jpg

A now a Lambo Reventon )Original Design from the G-Brix with few amends from me)

Here’s something I have been building which is sort of complete: amg G63!! I am pretty happy with it although I think it would look x10 times better if there were wheels and tyres which were suited more towards SUVs. The ones I’ve used look off because the tyres are so thick it there are really no other options unfortunately  :sad:

G63 8 wide

Edited by User5346

A now a Lambo Murcielago in Orange...

10 hours ago, User5346 said:

Here’s something I have been building which is sort of complete: amg G63!! I am pretty happy with it although I think it would look x10 times better if there were wheels and tyres which were suited more towards SUVs. The ones I’ve used look off because the tyres are so thick it there are really no other options unfortunately  :sad:

G63 8 wide

Nice G-Wagon - Instantly recognisable! Well done :thumbup:

I can also see on this pic that you have progressed with your Chiron - Do you have some new pictures of it?

Edited by AbFab1974

On 7/17/2021 at 2:52 AM, AbFab1974 said:

Nice G-Wagon - Instantly recognisable! Well done

Haha yes sort of. Obviously not complete as some of the parts don’t exist in medium azure :( Hopefully I can get those wedge bricks in dark blue and I think it’ll look a lot better :)

Now what to build next? I have been thinking of doing a Ferrari 812 or maybe the new Porsche 911 :innocent:

Chiron 8 wide

On 7/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, noahtheb said:

Looks great! Do you mind if I post some of my mocs here too? 

Thanks! And I encourage everyone to post their MOCs here!!