Sign in to follow this  
Brick Charlie

[MOC | LEGO Ideas] Classic Space Rescue Mission

Hi,

in the last weeks, I started to build a Classic Space layout. The first parts of the creation are ready, and it now in the voting stage on LEGO Ideas.

565825043_20210407_134501msolatamsolata.thumb.jpg.88a0c4cbfec4f638d8eece4c69e36434.jpg

Classic Space Rescue Mission: a LEGO Ideas project -> https://ideas.lego.com/projects/20a6b1ce-834d-4597-bc66-61846ebbb561

It is a Classic Space rover, a rock with alien vegetation and a mysterious golden monolith embedded in an other rock. The new minifigures and the neo-classic appearance are binding to the real classic era with a story.

Originally, I wanted to have a Classic Space minifigure in a very special colour, but there was a lack of them in my collection. But it is definately not a dead Benny! :)

Please, if you like this idea, hit support button and tell your thoughts here or in a comment on LEGO Ideas project page. Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Edited by Brick Charlie
typo

I love how you did the alien foliage.  I really am surprised more people don't use all the odd colors of "plants" LEGO has made for alien foliage.  That was my first thought on seeing blue "leaves" in the Elves line.

Obviously the rover itself is really cool too.  Nice balance of classic and modern.

Thank you! Well, I was inspired by other AFOLs. I made my own version of vegetation, with the intention of providing a chance to be included in an original set.