SaperPL

[MOC] Really Small RC Semi Truck

Hello again guys

Here's my most recent small-scale build, even smaller than usually and it's RC!

source.gif

It has pretty unique steering and drive mechanisms.

source.gif

Edited by SaperPL

9 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

This looks excellent for its small scale! I'm quite impressed. Any chance of instructions? :grin:

Probably not this build as it's a bit junky, but if I figure out a way for the steering to perform reliably, I'll make sure to make instructions for it. I probably need a smaller powered up hub for this, the one shaped like buwizz etc.

The steering mechanism is pure genius! My brain goes into complete meltdown whenever I try to work within fewer than 13 studs - you managed to pull off a perfectly functioning model in just 9 :pir-love:

1 hour ago, suffocation said:

The steering mechanism is pure genius! My brain goes into complete meltdown whenever I try to work within fewer than 13 studs - you managed to pull off a perfectly functioning model in just 9 :pir-love:

11 is pretty easy, I've done a lot of builds that are 11 studs wide. Making truck with motors at 11 studs for 2 stud wide wheels is doable and then you have to think about where you want to put the hub/battery box. At 11 you can still fit a lot of details into the cab as well:

source.gif

Check out my channel, there's a ton of builds that are 11 studs wide there. Also some of them have free instructions on rebrickable.

I'm thinking about going even smaller with 1 stud wide wheels and slim battery box, but I need to know that the i'll be able to make this steering mechanism reliable. Anyway I have a working prototype now, so I can start figuring this out in studio.

37 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This MOC is totally cool! :wub_drool:

Thanks!

Edited by SaperPL

The steering design is certainly unique !! It's almost like magic if you don't show the bottom view with the string.