Sign in to follow this  
vascolp

[MOC] Corvette Space Fighter [42093 alternate model]

Hi everybody,

I thought on creating instructions from my RSR911 Space Cruiser 42096 alternate model. But I never had done instructions before, so I decided to try it in a smaller model.
I did this Corvette Space Fighter as a 42093 alternate model, and made instructions for it. It's a simple space ship with retractable feet and openable canopy. It also includes a stand to place it over your desk.
The ship has 387 parts and the stand 76, giving a 79% usage of 42093 parts.
I modeled it in Stud.io and created instructions from there. Everything available on rebrickable.
Any comments about the instructions as well as the building are welcome.

Here are some pictures:

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

And a movie:

More pictures here.

Thanks and Regards!

Very cool, are you planing to make this a series? Spaceship B-models for cars? The wheels on the wings make it look more like a repulsorlift landspeeder than a spaceship imo.

I like your Porsche RSR B-model a lot better because it had so many cool functions, but I guess that's the limit for how few parts were available from the Corvette.

Great! But for a pure Space theme, it must in blue. Maybe McLaren will be the next one? :wink:

52 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Great! But for a pure Space theme, it must in blue. Maybe McLaren will be the next one? :wink:

:laugh: I still don't have it, but that's an idea!

On 4/23/2021 at 8:08 PM, Gray Gear said:

Very cool, are you planing to make this a series? Spaceship B-models for cars? The wheels on the wings make it look more like a repulsorlift landspeeder than a spaceship imo.

I like your Porsche RSR B-model a lot better because it had so many cool functions, but I guess that's the limit for how few parts were available from the Corvette.

Somehow, I missed your comment...

I will probably build some more, the RSR911 B-model was really a pleasure to build.

The wheels on the wings should be vertical takeoff thrusters, but the wheels are a bit too big for the size of the ship. In the beginning I felt the Corvette had not enough parts to build something, but it ended up not so bad, I think...

The Corvette was also very useful to learn how to make instructions in stud.io, which was my goal. I will try to do instructions for the RSR911 if I find time for it. I still must learn how to manage flex-axles in stud.io, though!

Thanks for your comments.