Sign in to follow this  
eldiano

Lego and the use of Plastic

Just saw a Disney Parks video about how going forward their classic doll line will not use the see through plastic windows, from my understanding is that Lego will eventually get rid of the plastic bags, but what will take its place?  Kind of curious to be honest

14 minutes ago, deraven said:

Just paper pouches phasing in over a 4 year period beginning now.  Nothing too exciting, and they've talked about it a fair bit if you're interested in more info:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news/2020/september/sustainability?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-TnL5HPStwNw-2116208-115554-1

Didn't they say that those paper bags were going to appear this year?

10 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Didn't they say that those paper bags were going to appear this year?

That would be nice!! Kind of curious how it will all play out, sometimes just a normal set has those bags that wake up the dead at night in a quite household just touching and opening one bag!

13 minutes ago, eldiano said:

That would be nice!! Kind of curious how it will all play out, sometimes just a normal set has those bags that wake up the dead at night in a quite household just touching and opening one bag!

Just think of it as organically packed jelly berries, instead of berries, you have plastic.

I'm glad that LEGO Group is moving to recyclable paper bags.  I hope that they make the boxes smaller too.  I know that the packaging is also to get attention on store shelves, but I've often felt that many of the boxes were just too big for the amount of pieces in the set.  

I feel like I have been thru all this before when grocery stores went from paper to plastic.

I miss my paper bags.

4 hours ago, hagridshut said:

I'm glad that LEGO Group is moving to recyclable paper bags.  I hope that they make the boxes smaller too.  I know that the packaging is also to get attention on store shelves, but I've often felt that many of the boxes were just too big for the amount of pieces in the set.  

They’ve been downsizing boxes for quite some time, although very puzzling...some are not. I’m not even talking about the huge, high piece count sets. I remember  few years ago, boxes were all skinny, then 60060 Auto Transporter had an unnecessarily fat box. 

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I feel like I have been thru all this before when grocery stores went from paper to plastic.

I miss my paper bags.

And back again...then switched again. *huh*