Sign in to follow this  
starwarcam

[Factions Ep. 8 - Cat A][S12 - Nal Hutta & Nar Shadda - BS] Ring of Kafrene Rendezvous

*Your entry has earned 12 XP*

This entry is a prequel to: 

The Pantoran Chairman has sent out a message to the galaxy: Mercenaries interested in an excursion to Haruun Kal are to gather on Nar Shaddaa at a Black Sun safe house, prior to a rendezvous to the Ring of Kafrene to explore and trade for precious items they will need to convince a local guide on Haruun Kal to show them to the temple they seek.

51132361246_2be7a335a2_c.jpg

51133473565_0dea78a3e5_c.jpg
SAFE

51132361791_3444384b84_c.jpg
Recruits have already begun arriving, some more seasoned than others, but all eager to strike gold.
51132361706_8cab29c58c_c.jpg

51133474025_c17c5ba86d_c.jpg

51131688337_19a3ceeb42_c.jpg
Through the window, the female Zabrak owner of the house can be seen beginning to reconsider her decision to host such an assortment of … creatures.

51133138094_a836171c5d_c.jpg

If the house were hosting more cultured individuals, a keen eye may notice the face of the former empire's main enforcer in the architecture of the building.

51156551260_4a8948ec3d_c.jpg

group pic

More shots below, including a bit of interior:

Spoiler

51132573163_7d2edcb1e2_c.jpg
A Bith mercenary gazes out the window and contemplates what life could have been if he had learned to play an instrument.

51133138649_6067ba637c_c.jpg
The Chairman's 2 toughest secret service officers accompanied him on his journey and are guarding the entry.
“Am I at the right house?”
“Probably not.”

51131688667_b9275011b5_c.jpg
“Standing on a roof without getting shot — this really is a safe house!”

51132361961_de32a382d5_c.jpg
The uninvited Mon Calamari finds his way into the house for a drink in the back corner...perhaps it is not as safe as Black Sun advertised!

Edited by goatman461

They work for me, a nice design in this building. Great design!

you’ve captured quite a lot in this build!

Great design, modern Star Wars house builds are not very common and you’ve done a great job incorporating features to give it a house feel yet still have the Star-Warsiness which is very prominent. I like the writing on the side of the house, very cleverly done

5 hours ago, n1majneb said:

They work for me, a nice design in this building. Great design!

you’ve captured quite a lot in this build!

Thank you! I tried to add as much detail as I could to each wall while keeping things relatively clean, so I’m glad the detail came through!

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

Great design, modern Star Wars house builds are not very common and you’ve done a great job incorporating features to give it a house feel yet still have the Star-Warsiness which is very prominent. I like the writing on the side of the house, very cleverly done

Thanks! This is my first “building” build I’ve done, so I wanted to go unique with the concept to make up for my unpolished skills so far.

1 hour ago, caiman0637 said:

Thanks! This looks excellent!

Thanks for taking extra effort than normal to check out my build haha

You've got some awesome architectural styles going on here! Love the trees coming out of the build, your brick-built letters, and the white pattern on the outside walls. A couple critiques, your first photo does not show off your build at it's finest. I think a shot lower to the ground and looking up more would give a better first impression. Your photos are also a little over exposed. I'd try experimenting with your camera settings and using different or more lighting.

29 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

You've got some awesome architectural styles going on here! Love the trees coming out of the build, your brick-built letters, and the white pattern on the outside walls. A couple critiques, your first photo does not show off your build at it's finest. I think a shot lower to the ground and looking up more would give a better first impression. Your photos are also a little over exposed. I'd try experimenting with your camera settings and using different or more lighting.

Thanks for the praise and the criticism. As I worked on each wall in an iterative process, each one became my favorite and then least favorite and then fav again until it was hard to tell what the actual best angle of the thing was haha. I will take a pic at your suggested angle and try to get the lighting right. I am a photo novice still for sure (and still a fairly new builder at that). I just use an iPhone and put my subject on a black poster board in my back yard when I notice enough clouds to prevent shadows. I will definitely be continuously trying to improve my pics and will invest in a light box at some point soon. 

Edited by starwarcam

21 hours ago, starwarcam said:

unpolished skills so far.

Well if that is unpolished I most certainly look forward to seeing the products of your polished skills

19 hours ago, starwarcam said:

Thanks for the praise and the criticism. As I worked on each wall in an iterative process, each one became my favorite and then least favorite and then fav again until it was hard to tell what the actual best angle of the thing was haha. I will take a pic at your suggested angle and try to get the lighting right. I am a photo novice still for sure (and still a fairly new builder at that). I just use an iPhone and put my subject on a black poster board in my back yard when I notice enough clouds to prevent shadows. I will definitely be continuously trying to improve my pics and will invest in a light box at some point soon. 

You're off to a fantastic start!

Love the aurebesh writing on that wall! I think you did a great job combining really modern architectural styles with that classic star wars aesthetic. Great build!

This is still just great. The only C&C I've got is that the black ladder looks out of place, but besides that, wonderful design.

Great shapes, and I love the Aurebesh writing on the wall! Those guards are suuuper cool too! Awesome scene!

10 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

This is still just great. The only C&C I've got is that the black ladder looks out of place, but besides that, wonderful design.

Thanks, yeah I just didnt wan't to leave my guys stuck on the roof haha. It was function over form on that one.

5 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Great shapes, and I love the Aurebesh writing on the wall! Those guards are suuuper cool too! Awesome scene!

Thanks Darth. The wall with the writing was directly inspired by your yellow bounty hunters build actually. I really liked the thin, sideways plates look and the rapid color shifts it allowed.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:19 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the aurebesh writing on that wall! I think you did a great job combining really modern architectural styles with that classic star wars aesthetic. Great build!

Thank you!

Edited by starwarcam

I'm totally not using my comments on builds to keep track of what's been scored or not... Totally not doing that. Just wanted to say again that I'm glad you're building for Factions!

20 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm totally not using my comments on builds to keep track of what's been scored or not... Totally not doing that. Just wanted to say again that I'm glad you're building for Factions!

thank you, glad to be here. Everyone has been very welcoming and kind.

Great build! Each wall is different but very SW-ish. The tree effect is a fantastic detail. The build is also quite clean overall and the minifigs are very nice, specially that tusken rider :pir-sweet:!