Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[TV - FB] Smee and Gunderson scaffolding engineers and building restoration

Cast your minds back, if you will, to the aftermath of the war in Terraversa. Things were bleak. Kingsport had been hit hard by the worst of the fighting. 

Street-to-street skirmishes had decimated the population. But it was the bombardment that had really messed up the city. Life and limb, brick and beam had all been lost. Entire streets had been levelled - first by the Oleonaise conquest, and then by the Terraversan resistance. Of course, both sides claimed they were only aiming for military targets. But accuracy at those distances is far from perfect. And when your enemy hides among the civilian population, what can you do?

AC Terraversa

Plenty of buildings were hit. Not least the Temple of Artemis, where Her holy Quiver had been stored. It was under these circumstances that the Knights Treasurer took up their defence of the sanctuary. But it was obvious that this wasn't a long-term solution. 

When peace was declared, Canon François watched with great interest to see what Oldis and Eslandola's first move would be. With so many pressing demands across the territory, his priority would be a telling indication of what would happen next. 

And, when work teams were quickly dispatched to tackle the gaping holes in the temple roof, the Canon's doubts were raised. 

AC Terraversa

There seemed to be only one solution to any rational man of the cloth; the Quiver must be relocated. Oleon might've signed a treaty that said otherwise - he honestly wasn't sure - but the Quiver rightly belonged to the Order of the Faith. And, as the most senior member of the Order in the region, he needed to make a decision. The relic needed to be relocated. 

And so, with a heavy heart, he tasked a member of the Sisterhood of Artemis to sneak a replica into the temple and remove the relic. If she could get it to the Knights Treasurer, they would do the rest

AC Terraversa

I figured that in the aftermath of the Battle for Kingsport, the city could really benefit from some good scaffolding companies. Since I needed to build something that would connect the dots with my story, I decided that the Temple of Artemis had been hit by some stray bombardment.

The idea of stealing a holy relic from a ruined building in the middle of a war seemed so Assassin's Creed that I had to roll with it. The tan heap outside the wall is supposed to be a haystack, but I'm not sure I really pulled it off. Looks more like a sandheap to me.

AC TerraversaAC TerraversaAC Terraversa

Edited by Ross Fisher

I think your three builds together now make a great story that is well woven into the rest of the TV story. Now that all three are laid out, starting with the sudden and unannounced move of the quiver seems clearly justified and well in context. Like a movie that starts mid drama and action then cuts to "two weeks earlier" to explain how it all started. 

1 hour ago, CapOnBOBS said:

I think your three builds together now make a great story that is well woven into the rest of the TV story. Now that all three are laid out, starting with the sudden and unannounced move of the quiver seems clearly justified and well in context. Like a movie that starts mid drama and action then cuts to "two weeks earlier" to explain how it all started. 

It's very flattering that you think so. In truth, it started with the barrack building. When it became clear that my plan for my storyline was going to clash with the way the war was going I had to develop a new storyline. And then when I didn't go through the proper channels with that, I had to do this build as my penance. I'm going to have to be more careful not to write my stories too far in advance in future!

1 hour ago, CapOnBOBS said:

I think your three builds together now make a great story that is well woven into the rest of the TV story. 

I agree! and some very nice builds as a bonus! The stacks of roofing tiles on the scaffolding are a highlight here for me. I'm not sure why but they just add something to the first picture. The clip and round brick method for a diagonal beam is also very clever. I've noted that technique down for future use!

Nice build and story!

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

The idea of stealing a holy relic from a ruined building in the middle of a war seemed so Assassin's Creed that I had to roll with it. The tan heap outside the wall is supposed to be a haystack, but I'm not sure I really pulled it off. Looks more like a sandheap to me.

Haha, it would be more 'Assassin's Creed' if you had them jump from a height that landing in a haystack would still result in multiple fractures :pir-laugh:

This looks amazing! Great photography and set-up. I genuinely thought they were 3 different builds at first. But together they all make perfect sense forming a good and complete buid

The story was fun and enjoyable to read too! I love the flash-back writing you did!

Nice build. I like how the building shows damage at the roof and window. The build does remind me of an assassins creed building escape.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, caiman0637 said:

Nice build!

On 4/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, Ayrlego said:

The stacks of roofing tiles on the scaffolding are a highlight here for me. I'm not sure why but they just add something to the first picture.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Nice build and story!

On 4/23/2021 at 5:53 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

This looks amazing!

On 4/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, merc said:

Nice build. I like how the building shows damage at the roof and window. 

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback. Glad you like it.