samurai-turtle

Bricshelf Login Problems

Well yesterday afternoon I was logged in to brickshelf, but then later that evening when I tried to log back in I keep getting a login failure. Now I tried every password I could thing it could be to login but failures. Plus I up loaded some stuff yesterday and now today it is approved. From the looks of it their is no way to contact them at lest from their website. And now I am wondering if I should start looks for a different picture hosting website (like bricksafe). Is bricksafe better than brickshelf or is their something better (that is free)? 

Brickshelf behaves from time to time - a little bumpy - my experience.

BUT: Since 10 years of hosting, nothing disappeared, nor did anything go wrong. Yes, "it" is old, yes the interface is ... old/weird/as it was back then. But it works. Maybe not on a hour to hour or even day to day basis, but in the long run: Always. For me that is.

When you want something more hip or modern: Go there. There are many options. When you have time to wait a minute/hour/day for BrickShelf to come alive again: Stay there. It seems, this platform is a bit bumpy on the "just in time" business, but rock solid on the "keep it safe" side.

Just me two 100 Dollar notes, others may have a completely different take on this.

Best
Thorsten

It's old but it works.  I use several picture hosting sites in case one or two go bad like PhotoBucket, MOCPages, etc.

I am starting to wonder if I logged out from the first computer that I used yesterday, and that could be some dumb issue. The main reason I wanted log back in is to upload a few more pictures. 

I wanted to finally create an account on Brickshelf but it says that the option is disabled for now, any ideas for how long? 

8 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I wanted to finally create an account on Brickshelf but it says that the option is disabled for now, any ideas for how long? 

It been like that for awhile and I am guessing it will stay that way. Another reason I might have to abandon brickshelf. 

20 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

It been like that for awhile and I am guessing it will stay that way. Another reason I might have to abandon brickshelf.

Shame, really wanted to have another picture hosting website (mainly for nostalgia.:laugh:)

An update today I was able to login (for whatever reason). And it looks like I could upload pictures to the site (once they get approved). 

4 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

And it looks like I could upload pictures to the site (once they get approved). 

Well, this is BrickShelf. For me, it always worked/works. With a one or two day patience - rarely though. Normally it works like a charm.

Now you don't have to wait for approval for posting elsewhere. This is only for becoming public on BrickShelf. All you need to do is click on the successfully uploaded image on BrickShelf and then copy the link shown in your browser's address bar. I believe this is called "deep linking". When you c/p that link in a post here, the EB forum software shows the link initially, thinks for a second, and then the picture shows up. You can then select to paste as plain text (then just the link shows up and the picture disappears). 

I find BrickShelf quite comfortable, but this is mostly due to the fact that I am older than dirt.

Best
Thorsten

15 hours ago, Toastie said:

I am older than dirt.

Are you possibly refering to oldest piece of dirt ever? :oh:

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

refering to oldest piece of dirt ever?

Well ... that'd be a notch too much, wouldn't it? I mean where are we now, about 4 billion years, right? Wait, I had one reference somewhere ... here it is:

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-scientist-dirt-planet-oldest-soil.html

But that would crush the entire evolution theories for life on planet Earth. No, lets get away with: "I am still reading newspapers, second thing in the morning" (I mean news printed on paper, which renders this type of news of course less new as the real news my daughter is reading) - every morning. And when I can't do that, I am grumpy. At best. That old. Same holds true for not having coffee as first thing in the morning, sometimes even before waking up. :pir_laugh2:

Back on topic: Just checked on BrickShelf and all is good.

Best
Thorsten 

26 minutes ago, Toastie said:

But that would crush the entire evolution theories for life on planet Earth. No, lets get away with: "I am still reading newspapers, second thing in the morning" (I mean news printed on paper, which renders this type of news of course less new as the real news my daughter is reading) - every morning. And when I can't do that, I am grumpy. At best. That old. Same holds true for not having coffee as first thing in the morning, sometimes even before waking up. :pir_laugh2:

Hmm... very well then, I suppose that explains your badge.

15 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I suppose that explains your badge.

Yes. When you qualify (ha! - that's one of the rare occasions were +age is a qualifier for something: Covid-19 vaccinations, free bus rides, and an EB Older Than Dirt tag :pir-huzzah2:), apply here:

Best
Thorsten

4 hours ago, Toastie said:

apply here:

I'll have to wait 200 and more than 50 years to do so.

(Just kidding, approximate 25 years would do, though I doubt that I'll survive on this site that long...)

28 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

though I doubt that I'll survive on this site that long...

Who knows ... when someone would have told me 35 years ago, that I will resurrect a computer from that year in 2020, to control a 4.5V train fitted with PF gear via RF communication with the help of a LEGO NXT PBrick, I most probably would have thought: This human must have materialized from some parallel universe living decades ahead.

Well, it is 2021, I am >that< close. With IR it works already - with RF needs some more fiddling. Will report on progress here on EB - the way back, current and back to the future forum!

Never say never doubt ... :pir-huzzah2:

Best
Thorsten