Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bjorn

[P17 - Trigalis - TT] Well, dat smells stinkowiff

*Your entry has earned 14 XP*

200421_moc0.jpg

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: My plans of returning to Kalist VI were postponed once more, when we received a distress transmission broadcast on imperial frequencies. Somehow the former Black Sun Vigo, Lord Xarr, had managed to slice into imperial comms. His plea for imperial assistance was not entirely without merit. He had an offer we could not refuse.

Aiding the former crime lord, meant a detour to one of the galaxy’s filthiest shadowports. As if the crime-ridden backwater planet wasn’t bad enough, the rendezvous location was the stinky swamp wharf in the slaves district of New Coronet.

200421_moc2.jpg

*The overwhelmingly nauseating smells of fish and flesh for sale made it difficult to concentrate. This was the perfect hiding place for a crime lord who doesn’t want to be found.*

200421_moc3.jpg

thumb_NPC_lordxarr.jpgLord Xarr: Commander Bannon. Welcome to Trigalis. Under different circumstances we would be drinking and dining in my estate, but you Imperials have put a stop to my hospitality, and forced me into hiding. Ironic that you have no choice, but to help  me out of the mess you’ve caused.

thumb_NPC_bannon2.jpgCdr. Bannon: You mistake our interest for urgency. The Imperial Triumvirate has no needs for anything an exiled crime lord has to offer. However, what you are offering has intrigued our intelligence headquarters enough to play along. For now.

*Cdr. Bannon pauses, closes his eyes, and refocuses his thoughts*

Cdr. Bannon: Admittedly your intel and star chart, is both valuable assets, which is why I have agreed to assist you. On my terms.

*The commander looks up and stares at the aging crime lord*

Cdr. Bannon: When I leave this rotball I will transmit new coordinates for a safe rendezvous. Send someone you trust. In the meantime you will guarantee that imperial operations on Trigalis will meet no resistance.

thumb_NPC_lordxarr.jpgLord Xarr: You’re leaving me here?! My safety was part of the deal!!!

thumb_NPC_bannon2.jpgCdr. Bannon: We will extract you, when your emissary comes through.

*For a few moments, the speechless crime lord gazed into the murky waters. He turned to the commander and nodded. There was nothing else to do...*

///

I had a lot of fun with all the little details of this build. I'm really fond of the yellow bird (native to Trigalis), the giant fish in the crane, and the blue glass ball in the net... Let me know what you think! :classic:

A few additional detailed shots below:

Spoiler

200421_moc4.jpg

A few by-standing slaves...

200421_moc5.jpg

A duplo fish I borrowed from my son's duplo bin... :grin:

200421_moc6.jpg

A fisherman trying to salvage a crate dropped in the murky swamp waters...

200421_moc7.jpg

Another fisherman preparing the catch of the day...

Edited by goatman461

Ah, gotta love that fish!
Excellent build!
Cdr. Bannon's story has been of great inspiration to me.

30 minutes ago, Samppu said:

Ah, gotta love that fish!
Excellent build!
Cdr. Bannon's story has been of great inspiration to me.

also came here to say: big fish, good build.

I love this! So much detail and thought put into the various workings of the dock. I'm a huge fan of this kind of build, and you killed it. (Fantasy/StarWars tone mashups forever!)

This is a fantastic build, from the water line to the pier and market stall and then up to the slaves over looking this.
Studying this build is a really enjoyable experience - so much to take away from this

Thanks guys! 

Yeah, the build really evolved around that big lego duplo fish.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:03 AM, RocketBoy said:

I love this! So much detail and thought put into the various workings of the dock. I'm a huge fan of this kind of build, and you killed it. (Fantasy/StarWars tone mashups forever!)

Thank you for appreciating those details. It's imo the most enjoyable part of making a moc, is when you are so far that you can begin to design those details. I also googled wharf and fishermen a few times in order to get real life inspiration. I'm so thrilled that sw lego has given ud jumpsuits and overalls... :laugh_hard:

16 hours ago, n1majneb said:

This is a fantastic build, from the water line to the pier and market stall and then up to the slaves over looking this.
Studying this build is a really enjoyable experience - so much to take away from this

Thanks man! I really appreciate you saying that...

Fantastic build! EThe balance of messy and clean build is excellent. I still need to understand the rules behind to this equilibrium :sweet:!

I like the storyline and the usage of an old BS Crime Lord :wink:

Edited by dvogon

Another amazing build! There is such great texture and atmosphere within this one. Love the use of duplo too - after all "there's always a bigger fish"!