starwarcam

[Factions Ep. 8 - Cat C][L10 - Tython - BS] A Desperate Excursion to Haruun Kal

*Your entry has earned 13 XP*

51128685440_47f4e6c76c_b.jpg

The Pantoran people face poverty after the fall of the empire. Having been cut off from longstanding, prosperous trade routes as the Imperial remnants prioritize relationships with other systems, the Pantoran chairman must address his people's decreasing funds and resources in an uncertain time. With little confidence in the young New Republic, and little reply from requests to reopen imperial connections, the Chairman has turned to the only steady and trustworthy power in the galaxy: crime syndicates.

Black Sun has agreed to smuggle in resources and establish a trade relationship with the Pantorans if the Chairman will fund a voyage to the dangerous system of Haruun Kal in search of holocrons.

Eager at the opportunity to feed his starving people, the Chairman accepts the challenge and heads up the excursion himself.

51127787438_c49f3a22fa_c.jpg

He lands at an outpost on the plateaus of Haruun Kal, seeking a guide to the nearest temple, with a band of rough soldiers hidden away on his Pantoran Cruiser — to avoid the risk of spooking the local residents before his search even begins.

Suspicious of the Pantorans’ intentions, will the local Ardennian guide agree to accompany them on their mission? Perhaps, for a price.

51127568736_255a0a89c2_c.jpg

51128685395_47fd44ea07_c.jpg

Edited by goatman461

Beautiful ship! Is it pure fantasy or have you used concepts for inspiration?

Fun to see you use the same head for a pantoran as I used earlier this year. I guess all pantoran males sport that same black beard... :roflmao:

13 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Beautiful ship! Is it pure fantasy or have you used concepts for inspiration?

Fun to see you use the same head for a pantoran as I used earlier this year. I guess all pantoran males sport that same black beard... :roflmao:

Thanks, it is very much based off the Pantoran Cruiser from Clone Wars when Chairman Papanoida hunts down Greedo. I just figured since I've never seen a moc of it before, that it would be original enough to qualify for category C of this month's episode. And yes all Pantorans seem to be either this genie, Thrawn, or Aayla Secura haha.

I love this build, both the terrain and the ship read so well and the colors are so gooood. Welcome to the game! I'm excited you're here!

1 hour ago, RocketBoy said:

I love this build, both the terrain and the ship read so well and the colors are so gooood. Welcome to the game! I'm excited you're here!

Thank you! I am excited to be here

Great build and balanced colour schemes for the terrain and for the ship. I actually like a lot the ship colours. The details of the terrain scene have a nice fit & finish!

4 hours ago, dvogon said:

Great build and balanced colour schemes for the terrain and for the ship. I actually like a lot the ship colours. The details of the terrain scene have a nice fit & finish!

Thank you. I like colorful things, which is part of what has made me a big fan of Lego minifigs in particular. My favorites are always the colorful ones.

Well I had to go and look up the Pantoran cruiser after seeing this - not one of those ships I remembered well. You did such a great job conveying the colours shapes and design choices within it - really great first entry!

8 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Well I had to go and look up the Pantoran cruiser after seeing this - not one of those ships I remembered well. You did such a great job conveying the colours shapes and design choices within it - really great first entry!

Thanks! Yeah, definitely not the most iconic ship haha. I didn’t remember it either. Came across it on a list of clone wars ships and decided to make it.

Fantastic angles on the ship! As a critique, the landing platform seems like an afterthought. I'd love to see more pieces put into it. But wonderful little build overall.

22 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Fantastic angles on the ship! As a critique, the landing platform seems like an afterthought. I'd love to see more pieces put into it. But wonderful little build overall.

Thanks, the landing platform was absolutely an afterthought haha