Captain Hannibal Joost

[MOC] New Block City

Hi all!

I've designed these two buildings (on two 16x32 base plates) in the style of New York City architecture :)

Left one has a living and kitchen on ground floor, a gym room on first floor and bedroom with bathroom on second floor.

Right one has a kitchen on ground floor too, a living room with sofa, tv and upright piano on first floor, and bedroom with bathroom on second floor.

Hope you'll like them ;)

Edited by Captain Hannibal Joost
Adding tag modular

2 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Nice! These look great! Could we have more pictures?

You can click on picture or navigate with the arrows to see more pictures, but if you want other views, just tell me what you want to see :)

2 hours ago, BrickfordCityFire said:

These look fantastic! Nice job!

Thank you :)

Well done. The front facades are simple, elegant, and would fit perfectly with the modular buildings. The interior details are top notch as well.

11 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Well done. The front facades are simple, elegant, and would fit perfectly with the modular buildings. The interior details are top notch as well.

Thank you for your comment :)

Very nice!  I've been to New York once, knowing people who own a whole brownstone there (they're New York lawyers), and this captures the architectural style brilliantly.  I like the steps - a key part of NYC's brownstones imho - and you've got good greebling in the eaves.  It really annoys me that TLG still doesn't produce panes for those 1x2x3 arched windows, and what you've used is our only option....  You would think with official sets like the modulars using them (PC, DO), they'd have created one by now rather than continuing to leave those empty like they have done in those and Tower Bridge.

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Very nice!  I've been to New York once, knowing people who own a whole brownstone there (they're New York lawyers), and this captures the architectural style brilliantly.  I like the steps - a key part of NYC's brownstones imho - and you've got good greebling in the eaves.  It really annoys me that TLG still doesn't produce panes for those 1x2x3 arched windows, and what you've used is our only option....  You would think with official sets like the modulars using them (PC, DO), they'd have created one by now rather than continuing to leave those empty like they have done in those and Tower Bridge.

Thank you!

That's not always easy to get the right "mood" in the modular format, but I've search for many photos for the right look :)

Yes for sure we need glass/panes for these "windows" :/ Event the colors available for the "grid" of those windows are not enough of expansive…