Dutch Thriceman

[GBW] - Side - Koszmar - An Old Friend

Chapter 1: Redemption
Part 1 - An Old Friend

At the joint KLR / Koszmar taskforce supply base, a hanger bay repurposed as workshop for Koszmar's famous 'Weapons Technician' Mihail Kogalniceanu, the gunsmith is hard at work with some new gear...

51125768758_9de0d9cbb6_c.jpg

51125789631_f93b6bd173_t.jpg

Sasha: Mihail you old dog, how are you, it's been forever.

51125226917_dc41fe4e53_t.jpg

Mihail: Sasha! You look even uglier then last time comrade! Hahaha, oh wait you're wearing a mask hehe.

Sasha: Ha, all jokes aside, these ballistic face masks you made for the team are amazing, saved my life once or twice already. Never got the chance to properly thank you, but I am truly glad you also got recruited for K.R.A.S.O.D.

Mihail: Speaking of, I need to tell you something.

Sasha: What's wrong friend, you're looking quite serious all of a sudden.

51125607639_75f04b2126_c.jpg

Mihail: I've gotten some friends in higher places, you know like Boris, you remember Boris don't you. Anyway word is going around about something called project Sacrificial Lamb (see: Ice-Coldman), and whenever this project gets mentioned... well so does your team. It seems real fishy if you know what I mean. Also some secret ops guys with ridiculous clearance.. and more importantly ridiculously nice gear. :drool:

Sasha: Ahem, you're drooling Mihail...

Mihail: Oh, eh, haha sorry. What was I saying, ah yes some secret black-ops type guys (see: Mithril) came through the base a while back, I also heard them talking about project Sac-Lamb and team Village Idiots. Seems something big is going down, you guys should be careful.

Sasha: Thanks, that does sound suspicious, I'll keep it in mind... ah but actually, I wanted to ask if you might be interested in joining Village Idiots. We are still short a technical support officer.

Mihail: Oh... hmm, well I have been dying to field test some new gear. It is a tempting offer I must admit.

Sasha: It is settled then, come on in guys meet the new team member!

51125768623_5675a6df74_c.jpg

Sasha: Let me introduce you guys, this is the famous Mihail 'Smithy' Kogalniceanu. The amazing technician who among many other things made all our custom gear. Starting today he will be supporting K.R.A.S.O.D. Team 1 Village Idiots :laugh:

51125539404_387ec75e93_t.jpg

Lola: Nice to meet you Mihail, I'm Serzhant Obolenskaya :purrr:

51125539384_3509863413_t.jpg

Mayk: ... cool guns bratan... :excited:

51125789661_680e74de1d_t.jpg

Oleg: So, that's Leytnant Yudman , the cool and quiet type. If you ask me he is just shy haha, ah yes but I forget, I am Yefreytor Vdovenko. But call me Oleg please :grin:

Mihail: Bwahahaha okay, it is hard to say no after that, I guess it is true what they are saying now about you. If Sasha the Pitbull wants something he will bite and not let go ey. Glad to join the team. :sweet:

51125768533_efa806166a_b.jpg

Part 2 of my first proper story chapter, Redemption - Village Outskirts is coming tomorrow!

____

So I actually intended to introduce Mihail in the HQ moc, but forgot. So here he is at last. + Bonus pic of the gang all togheter with their latest gear:

51125783168_d3924cee70_b.jpg

Since I got some feedback that there were no prefab buildings in the HQ moc, I decided to showcase a bit of the prefab interior in this MOC, so this is one of the prefab hangers normally used to store supplies or vehicles but Mihail got one so he can work on new experimental gear.

I also finally have gotten a good grip on what I want to do with the story and were I want to take it, alongside the main events and other players stories going on of course. But yeah, I got some things planned for team Village Idiots haha.

Finally some trivia for those interested:

Sasha 'Pitbull' Silantyev, my sigfig and squad leader, holds rank of  Kapitan in Koszmar military. His first name Sasha is inspired by the character Sasha from the movie Behind Enemy Lines! For his last name I just liked Silantyev.

Oleg 'Tankman' Vdovenko, the teams heavy gunner, Oleg Vdovenko makes really neat animations, you can look him up on YouTube. Obviously named Tankman because of his gear and team role. He holds the rank of Yefreytor.

Mayk 'The Cowboy' Yudman, the teams sniper, Mayk is a reference to Mike the Cowboy a character from the videogame Max Payne 2, Yudman is the last name of the voice actor who voices Mike. He holds the rank of Leytnant

Lola 'Ubiytsa' Obolenskaya, the teams scout, Lola's name comes from my favorite Russian Band 'Gruppadlb' which consists of two guys and a girl called Lola Obolenskaya. Her nickname Ubiytsa means Killer which I thought fitting since her backstory is that of former assassin. Lola holds the rank of Serzhant.

Mihail 'Smithy' Kogalniceanu, the teams technician, I just really like the name Mihail as far as eastern/slavic sounding names go, I googled it and found Mihail Kogalniceanu which I really liked since it could be very loosly translated to 'Bullet Nice Now' in my own countries language haha. Mihail is a Kursant in the Koszmar military.

That's enough trivia for today, see you next time I hope.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

Nice warehouse! Excellent characterization of the characters, interesting the idea of creating chapters for the development of your story! Your soldiers are very "bad guys", they will be tough to deal with, when it comes!

nice variety of tools !!!

Loved the sander !!!

Well made ;)

Edited by SATSOK

On 4/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, ParmBrick said:

Nice warehouse! Excellent characterization of the characters, interesting the idea of creating chapters for the development of your story! Your soldiers are very "bad guys", they will be tough to deal with, when it comes!

On 4/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, SATSOK said:

nice variety of tools !!!

Loved the sander !!!

Well made ;)

On 4/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, sigpro said:

Scaring! Good story and MOC, and the duck gives a funny touch.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, paintballman said:

Love how the story goes!!!

Thanks lads :classic: