Brick_Barrage101

[M13 - Devaron - TT] CorSec ambush on Devaron

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

Mar Berick log entry 1: The CorSec has been harassing us here on Devaron for quite some time now... I’ve lost track of the days, weeks, months. Who knows. 

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

We were loading up supplies into my Hover Tank, arms, munitions, you name it. Another bunker, maybe 30 clicks north, had been being attacked for the past few days, it brought in a request for supplies, and we immediately started loading up.

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

We were loading up when all of a sudden blaster fire erupted all around us, and immediately after, my life flashed before my eyes as my Hover Tank exploded into a blazing inferno.

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Luckily, no supplies had been in the Hover Tank when it blew up, however, we were now under heavy fire from the front. Stationed at our bunker was a squad of stormtroopers, and a few army soldiers, we had some ground crewmen as well as a few ncos, including myself. 

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

As soon as the attack started the army units were out in the trenches, and the stormtroopers who weren’t out patrolling the grounds came rushing out of the bunker, it was so chaotic at that moment.

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Captain Foss sent in an immediate request for assistance, this was a complete distress call, calling for any units in the area. The ground-crewman on the radar was taken out, so I had to take his place, we were barely able to send the signal through. While all of this was happening, Sgt. Rq’dawh was the ordering all supplies be evacuated from the area, my gunner, Loshan, was hauling out the munitions while the stormtroopers provided covering fire. We were able to send the signal through, and a few TIE-fighters from the same base we were supposed to send supplies to, were able to come in and provide strafing runs on the advancing CorSec units.

Casualties: 1 ground crewmen, 1 army soldier, 2 stormtroopers

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Mar Berick: “We gotta man down! I’m taking the radar!”

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Sgt. Rq’dawh: “Get those supplies out of here! Now!”

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Unknown stormtrooper: “Roger that sir!”

[M13 - Devaron - TT]

Edited by goatman461

I like a lot the overall setup, your trench, having an interior in the building and the brick-built shots! 

As suggestions for improvement, think on having a less uniform exterior for the building with some external device or texture, and add a bit of variation to the terrain, e.g. adding some plants/rocks.

Edited by dvogon

15 hours ago, dvogon said:

I like a lot the overall setup, your trench, having an interior in the building and the brick-built shots! 

As suggestions for improvement, think on having a less uniform exterior for the building with some external device or texture, and add a bit of variation to the terrain, e.g. adding some plants/rocks.

Thanks for the feedback! It is much appreciated.

Edited by Brick_Barrage101

Yes, we're making an impact! Go CorSec!

But seriously, this is a nice build. I love your trench and I think your ground work is appropriate for your build. The side of the building we see suffers from the classic grey-castle-wall syndrome. Adding some texture or even a coms tower or two would help break up the monotony.

44 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Yes, we're making an impact! Go CorSec!

But seriously, this is a nice build. I love your trench and I think your ground work is appropriate for your build. The side of the building we see suffers from the classic grey-castle-wall syndrome. Adding some texture or even a coms tower or two would help break up the monotony.

Yes the classic grey-castle-wall syndrome 😂. Thank you for the feedback! 

Edited by Brick_Barrage101

The trench looks so good! I love how you managed do portray the sense of action - the blaster fire, explosion and the fallen soldiers really help create such an authentic battle scene.

1 hour ago, marvelBoy123 said:

The trench looks so good! I love how you managed do portray the sense of action - the blaster fire, explosion and the fallen soldiers really help create such an authentic battle scene.

Thanks man, I really tried to get the atmosphere with this one!