Michael217

[MOC] ◄Volkswagen Beetle "Bugzilla" WRECKFEST► [2021]

800x193.jpg

Welcome to my garage LEGO!!!

Hello! My name is Michael. I'm a Builder from Russia, I love muscle cars!

Volkswagen Beetle 1968 "Bugzilla"

This time I collected cars from a very cool computer game Wreckfest! The assembly was very difficult, especially because of the spikes!

Description:

- Drive - 1 Buggy motor
- Steering - Servotronic
- Power supply-Small BB
- The steering wheel turns the wheels
- Open doors, hood...
- Fashion salon
- The receiver is hidden in the cabin
- 2000 + parts
- Two bridges, front bridge with Ackermann angle, rear with two Panar rods (for better stabilization) All this business is supported by the combined traction of 11 students.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lego_muscle_garage/

Join my group in VK: https://vk.com/legomusclegarage

All photos on the link: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Michael217/volkswagen-beetle-1968-bugzilla

1280x854.jpg1280x854.jpg1280x854.jpg1280x854.jpg1280x854.jpg

800x527.png

Love the use of the Ducati Shocks! It gives it that rustic feeling somehow. Great use of system bricks for those spikes on the outside. Really great combination of bricks used for the aesthetics. Is there an available CAD file? Great Model! 

4 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Love the use of the Ducati Shocks! It gives it that rustic feeling somehow. Great use of system bricks for those spikes on the outside. Really great combination of bricks used for the aesthetics. Is there an available CAD file? Great Model!  

Thank you very much! I started making it in LD, there is only a roof, doors and hood) but I do not plan to finish it, there is no time.

This looks crazy and wacky, I love it! You should make a youtube video with this vehicle driving. Anyways an awesome build!

That looks absolutely amazing! The photo with the wheels off is just wow! I agree, the Ducati shocks are a perfect fit and add a lot to the model. I love the long suspension links. The drivetrain seems to be completely crazy: there is an angled servo in the front and the angled 36T gear in the back. Could you explain how it all works? Do you have / can you make a photo with the body off to show the chassis? Oh my gosh, this thing just blows my mind!

Very nice build. As strange as it seems: The beetle you've built has very crude line and the mish-mash of plates/curved plates seem very displaced... but somehow this perfectly captures the lines of the original :-)

The technic underneeth seems nicely done, the only thing I am not sure about is the front chassis: Looks like you only used one 'layer' of liftarms and it shows in the flex of the front part. ;-)

12 hours ago, IA creations said:

This looks crazy and wacky, I love it! You should make a youtube video with this vehicle driving. Anyways an awesome build!

Thanks! If there is time, I will definitely do it!)

12 hours ago, keymaker said:

It looks great, I wish to see more close up photos of the suspension ^^ 

Here) LAac3CORs4k.jpg?size=2560x1707&quality=9

2 minutes ago, Michael217 said:

Thanks! If there is time, I will definitely do it!)

Yeah, you can't post something like that and not show how it drives :wink:

5 hours ago, proran said:

That looks absolutely amazing! The photo with the wheels off is just wow! I agree, the Ducati shocks are a perfect fit and add a lot to the model. I love the long suspension links. The drivetrain seems to be completely crazy: there is an angled servo in the front and the angled 36T gear in the back. Could you explain how it all works? Do you have / can you make a photo with the body off to show the chassis? Oh my gosh, this thing just blows my mind! 

Ha ha) Thank you so much! I can't remove the body, the motors are at an angle to reduce the load on the gimbals) I am very glad that you liked this model so much) On lego ideas did not accept, they said it looks too menacing)))

3xRpsBE2lbg.jpg?size=1299x739&quality=96

Love this! Both the looks and the technical solutions are very good, and using the Ducati shocks really dots the "i". I also really like the texture and color you put in the bodywork. Superb work!

This is awesome!  You've captured the shape and little details well (love the spikes!) while still making the functional features work.  Great build!  :classic:

I love the color scheme! Dark blue and magenta creates a very sharp contrast that is very visually pleasing. All the other engine details are very nice, too!

4 hours ago, Sariel said:

Looks really awesome! If I may suggest something, you could get improved steering, with pivot nearer the center of the tires, if you swapped the rims for these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=49294&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Yes, they fit the tires you're using. They would probably require wider bridges, though.

Thank you for your advice! But even with such disks, the car turns very well!)

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

I love the color scheme! Dark blue and magenta creates a very sharp contrast that is very visually pleasing. All the other engine details are very nice, too! 

2 hours ago, deraven said:

This is awesome!  You've captured the shape and little details well (love the spikes!) while still making the functional features work.  Great build!  :classic:

Thank you very much! If I have time, I'll make a video of how everything works.)

Cools looks, I like the use of the tiles on the body, nice shape! At the same time, I'm wondering how strong is it structurally? For example, I cannot decide what is holding the rear axle from moving front to back, as the links built from 2L pieces from the center of the body seem to be more cosmetic than structural (they would slide out easily I guess). Is it the springs that are holding it in place? Also, as there is no proper wheel hub, doesn't the wheel slide off the axle?

16 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Cools looks, I like the use of the tiles on the body, nice shape! At the same time, I'm wondering how strong is it structurally? For example, I cannot decide what is holding the rear axle from moving front to back, as the links built from 2L pieces from the center of the body seem to be more cosmetic than structural (they would slide out easily I guess). Is it the springs that are holding it in place? Also, as there is no proper wheel hub, doesn't the wheel slide off the axle? 

Prefabricated rods are not cosmetics, they also carry functionality, like the original lego rods. I did a test drive, on obstacles and sharp turns, nothing jumps out, everything holds)

..... you need to choose the correct connectors that fit the rods tightly)

Wow, this is wild. Great job, really impressive. I’d love to see a video of it in action. 

On 4/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, Michael217 said:

On lego ideas did not accept, they said it looks too menacing)))

3xRpsBE2lbg.jpg?size=1299x739&quality=96

A normal response from TLG, they were probably just embarrassed by the unmatched quality of this build! 

What a great MOC! I'm surprised those shocks hold the weight. They're quite soft aren't they? 

It's inspired me to build (another!) Monster truck myself. Maybe I'll get some of those shocks... :excited:

Wow, thats a really cool moc, im a big fan of wreakfest myself. The way you combined the technic ball joins with the system ones was really clever.