MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

MandR has always struck me as a spoiled, entitled person who takes advantage of his younger audience to get what he wants.

I do get that feeling, especially when he complains about stuff like box art or instruction manuals or his insufferable vlogs. He's a rich kid who's figured out how to get richer buying toys. His leaks tend to be good though and I find him mildly entertaining so I still watch his stuff

Edit: in an effort to make this comment not solely about bashing MandR, what's the price tag on the imperial shuttle going to be? I've heard 70 or 80, was wondering if anyone knew specifically.

Edited by hondohnaka

1 hour ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Btw, does anyone know what version of Boba Fett we're getting in Slave I? Like is that too gonna be a repeat?

Pretty sure the set will be from OT version unless it changes

1 hour ago, Garmetrowolf said:

Btw, does anyone know what version of Boba Fett we're getting in Slave I? Like is that too gonna be a repeat?

Wouldn't make much sense to be a new figure considering it'll most likely be based on ESB.

Though we've hopefully moved on already anyway, back to actual Star Wars LEGO now, not LEGO-related personalities. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Well there was the Cantina and Cloud City, but those are not standard system scale sets. I think SW just doesn’t quite lend itself to scenes as well as ships.

Apperantly someone making the set decision seem to think that also, unfortunately Im of a completely other opionon, especially since I like to display my minifigures in a set moving into action and vehicles generally except maybe Star Destroyers are not suitable for that. 

15 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Depending on what you count as medium sized, the 2018 Cantina might fall into that, and technically the Final Duel set from last summer could be a location, although I don’t think it’s as location-based as some of the other sets.

I do agree though, I’d like to see more of that type of set, especially since those $30 locations (Yoda/Ben’s Huts) were pretty great sets.

Yes, they could easiliy have extended, especially Yodas hut to make it a bit more swampisch. If they ever make Lukes homested, I really hope it will be atleast 150 euro set, not a 30 euro one. 

Well, at least I do my part. I send two emails every year to lego complaining about this and the fact that they more or less stopped making new animal molds. We'll se if this "vocal minorirty" will have any effect. 

15 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Edit: in an effort to make this comment not solely about bashing MandR, what's the price tag on the imperial shuttle going to be? I've heard 70 or 80, was wondering if anyone knew specifically.

I'm pretty sure it's $80.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wouldn't make much sense to be a new figure considering it'll most likely be based on ESB.

There are definitely updates they could make to the ESB figure, though. For one thing, his jetpack is blue with some gold print, so it would make sense for them to include a blue jetpack instead of a sand green one. It's not necessary, but it would be added incentive for people to buy the set.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm pretty sure it's $80.

There are definitely updates they could make to the ESB figure, though. For one thing, his jetpack is blue with some gold print, so it would make sense for them to include a blue jetpack instead of a sand green one. It's not necessary, but it would be added incentive for people to buy the set.

The jetpack is green is ESB and blue in ROTJ I believe.

28 minutes ago, jcn said:

The jetpack is green is ESB and blue in ROTJ I believe.

indeed, his wrist gauntlets are also green in ESB

3 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Photos of the Imperial Shuttle and 4+ Resistance X-Wing are out. It’s official, no more arm printing on Vader. 

I just can’t understand this move. Lego only losing out on money as I would have purchased this set if Vader had arm printing. Shame. 

I'll never understand why Lego takes steps forward with minifigs and then goes back on them so quick. I wonder if he'll have arm printing in the Meditation Chamber.

The shuttle undercarriage is ROUGH. I don’t have a shuttle and am really kicking myself for not snapping up a Tydirium before they skyrocketed because this thing is gonna need a hell of a lot of modding. 

21 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'll never understand why Lego takes steps forward with minifigs and then goes back on them so quick. I wonder if he'll have arm printing in the Meditation Chamber.

If he doesn’t have arm printing in an 18+ collector’s display set Lego will have officially lost their minds. I’m not even buying that set but seriously. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I just can’t understand this move. Lego only losing out on money as I would have purchased this set if Vader had arm printing. Shame. 

I assume it has something to do with the cost of the set, as arm printing is likely pretty expensive compared to other prints (since it's on smaller, heavily curved parts as opposed to a normal cylinder or flat surface like most prints). Therefore, they'd want to use it sparingly, so it makes sense it'd only be in the most expensive sets and 18+ sets.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I assume it has something to do with the cost of the set, as arm printing is likely pretty expensive compared to other prints (since it's on smaller, heavily curved parts as opposed to a normal cylinder or flat surface like most prints). Therefore, they'd want to use it sparingly, so it makes sense it'd only be in the most expensive sets and 18+ sets.

I think, like some people said a while back in this thread/the 2020 one, treat arm printing to be the exception, not the norm.  

As far as why the Vader in the Final Duel set got arm printing and this one didn’t, who knows, but I feel like tempering expectations is probably best, that way waves like this summer’s are a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Kit Figsto

I know the 4+ sets aren't supposed to be anything special, but this one feels so phoned in even by that low standard. They could've at least thrown in a bit of village wreckage or something? I can't imagine that will sell well at all.

17 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I know the 4+ sets aren't supposed to be anything special, but this one feels so phoned in even by that low standard. They could've at least thrown in a bit of village wreckage or something? I can't imagine that will sell well at all.

I imagine the conversation went something along the lines of : "Well, we better put something from the sequels in this wave. Any ideas?" "How about a recolour of the previous 4+ X-Wing in Resistance colours?" "Done".

44 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I imagine the conversation went something along the lines of : "Well, we better put something from the sequels in this wave. Any ideas?" "How about a recolour of the previous 4+ X-Wing in Resistance colours?" "Done".

Haha probably. "OK hear me out guys, the same X-wing as last year... Except it's worse."

These are March release right? Does that mean we can expect to see helmets soon-ish?

Does anyone remember which set number the alleged third helmet had? Because there’s no third helmet any more, neither on stonewars’ list nor on jedijacpenguin’s :shrug_oh_well: 75303 is the cancelled or delayed D2C set, 75304 and 75305 are the confirmed helmets, 75306 is the probe droid and 75307 recently turned out to be the advent calendar. I have a feeling it was 75307 before the 2HY list got revealed, must’ve been a mistake then :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Does anyone remember which set number the alleged third helmet had? Because there’s no third helmet any more, neither on stonewars’ list nor on jedijacpenguin’s :shrug_oh_well: 75303 is the cancelled or delayed D2C set, 75304 and 75305 are the confirmed helmets, 75306 is the probe droid and 75307 recently turned out to be the advent calendar. I have a feeling it was 75307 before the 2HY list got revealed, must’ve been a mistake then :grin:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well, then it’s settled, there is no third helmet unless it’s an unknown exclusive with a completely different set number :classic:

I have the Tyderium and was thinking of getting the 75302 Imperial Shuttle as well.

But after seeing some higher resolution images, I'm not so sure...

The minifigures are nothing special and the underside for the shuttle (landing gear and area below the cockpit) looks very rough.

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As a UK fan I’m so frustrated that they put it in a set not accessible to all! 

Death Star Final Duel had it though and it’s not that more expensive than the Shuttle... 

Not sure I buy it, either way it’s not good enough from my point of view. Ohwell. 

I think the real problem is last year’s pointless Death Star Duel set rather than the new shuttle. If that set was based on the Duel on Exegol instead, they could have spared arm-printed Vader and the Royal Guards for the shuttle and (almost) everyone would be happy :hmpf_bad: Then again, in that case the arm-printed version of Vader would have been exclusive to the Bespin Duel set for quite a while, drawing even more ire from fans... :snicker: