MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Uhmm, yes? It can't be Marvel and SW at the same time can it? :laugh_hard:

No, I just meant that there could have been 2. 

Just now, Brickroll said:

No, I just meant that there could have been 2. 

There are 3 CMFs in one year (one Lego's original and 2 licensed) - the licensed ones this year are Looney Tunes and Marvel.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are 3 CMFs in one year (one Lego's original and 2 licensed) - the licensed ones this year are Looney Tunes and Marvel.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

It's ok, I'm doing it to myself too. :laugh: 
I mean... those chrome pieces would be costly... $800 costly? :snicker:
It's not though, I've not seen that anywhere, just what would actually be an awesome surprise if it occurred! R2 being his size, I could see a C3PO being large enough and if chromed, enough pieces to justify that price point (just.... with an over-reaching grasp at SW licence pricing) so no one be starting that as the next rumour!

$20 and 147 pieces is saying slightly larger battle pack to me. Then again I want a battle pack so I’m biased, and there’s a good chance (probably a better chance) it’s a duel. 

An AT-AT and Gunship UCS in one year would make up for any lackluster system scale sets, though I think its too good to be true. 

4 minutes ago, Gontron said:

An AT-AT and Gunship UCS in one year would make up for any lackluster system scale sets, though I think its too good to be true. 

Hopefully we can get the best of both worlds. I’m sure the summer wave will inevitably feature more reimagined OT content, but I’ll be happy as long as we also get Mandalorian / Clone Wars / Prequel / Bad Batch / etc. oriented sets as well if only for diversity, more interesting builds, and better minifigures. 

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They think it could be an AT-AT

:tongue: I knew it

(I know they said it's just a guess since it's not the DS, just let me have this lol)

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Uhmm, yes? It can't be Marvel and SW at the same time can it? :laugh_hard:

Jaxxon, Valance, and boba fett with a lightsaber beg to differ.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Anybody think there’s a good chance the $159.99 set that is also 18+ is a Dropship with AT-TE? 

The last one was $250 so unless they've significantly downscaled those vehicles I doubt it.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They think it could be an AT-AT

8 hours ago, StoneWarsDE said:

They AT-AT thing is mostly a guess based on the fact, that we heard that it's not supposed to be a DS. Take this one with a huge grain of salt at the moment

I was going to say that that would seem odd though considering it would be running against the system scale AT AT, but since the current AT AT is ageing I suppose it would be logical it would be followed up by a UCS version, which would come out later in the year.

It is probably the only vehicle that is iconic enough to justify the price tag and still be big enough to occupy it. Could it come perhaps with a small snow speeder or something  affixed to it to bump up the piece count?

I am still hanging onto the hope it might be a rebel starship of some sort, but that is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Maybe logistically the AU market is not big enough?

Probably. We just don’t have the population to match the US, Europe and China. Our market is still big enough to warrant certified stores in our capital cities, and like elsewhere popularity has exploded since the lego movie and lego masters. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Anybody think there’s a good chance the $159.99 set that is also 18+ is a Dropship with AT-TE? 

I think Naboo Royal Starship in chrome.

35 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I am hoping and praying it’s an Arquitens because if it isn’t LEGO’s lost their damn minds. 

I'm hoping the for the battle arena in episode 2, so we can get the monster in lego form. Another I dont mine is a usc Jango fett slave 1 but that wont happen. And For the ATAT it would in the same scale as the current star destroyer. One more thing I want the A6 juggernaut but I dont think these would happen prove me wrong.

Edited by 9v brick master

I definitely am a fan of these price per piece ratios, a lot closer to what they used to be.  I'm assuming most of the pieces/sets aren't super large, but the problem was that the sets we were getting also weren't huge, had poor price per piece ratios, and were very expensive.  

Something interesting, I stopped by one of my local Target stores the other night for a few things and checked the LEGO aisle.  No 2021 sets that I saw, but they had eight, yes, eight 501st sets, which was actually the most they had of any individual SW set.  I'll pick up an extra copy at some point later on, but just was surprised, since I'd had a lot of trouble finding it in the past.  

18 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Something interesting, I stopped by one of my local Target stores the other night for a few things and checked the LEGO aisle.  No 2021 sets that I saw, but they had eight, yes, eight 501st sets, which was actually the most they had of any individual SW set.  I'll pick up an extra copy at some point later on, but just was surprised, since I'd had a lot of trouble finding it in the past. 

Interestingly the 501st sets aren't even available online anymore over here in Australia (from major retailers other than Lego), I got a 501st set last month at a Target, but they've since disappeared, along with most other SW sets.

Here no stores have any 2021 SW sets yet, besides the TIE fighter I saw at a local BigW, which was the only 2021 set of any theme that was there. Kmarts have tonnes of 2021 City sets, but no other themes.

The City sets at Kmart were about 25% less than the Lego prices, so I am looking forward to seeing the prices of SW sets.

1 minute ago, Stuartn said:

Interestingly the 501st sets aren't even available online anymore over here in Australia (from major retailers other than Lego), I got a 501st set last month at a Target, but they've since disappeared, along with most other SW sets.

Didn’t even realise they popped up in Target. I really hope they pop up somewhere again soon. I was lucky to grab two from the certified store the morning of release before they sold out (despite their limit of one per customer), but I still want a few more. 

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

dn’t even realise they popped up in Target. I really hope they pop up somewhere again soon. I was lucky to grab two from the certified store the morning of release before they sold out (despite their limit of one per customer), but I still want a few more.

There were only about two there, and the AAT was there as well. Two Tantive IVs were there too, but by the next day when I had a look they were both gone, as were all the 501st and AAT sets.

Just now, Stuartn said:

The City sets at Kmart were about 25% less than the Lego prices, so I am looking forward to seeing the prices of SW sets.

Kmart online now has the TIE FIghter and MF Microfighter for $65 and $14 (no sign of the X-Wing or Mando sets).

Just now, MaximillianRebo said:

Kmart online now has the TIE FIghter and MF Microfighter for $65 and $14 (no sign of the X-Wing or Mando sets).

BigW had the TIE for $69, the same as LEGO, so $65 is very reasonable, especially when compared to previous TIE fighter prices. It is strange that the other 2021 sets have not appeared at the same time.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Probably not, for a few reasons.

-though wanted by afols now, the set didn't sell well back when it came out, and I can't see them making a wide-release version even if they label it 18+

-lego is starting to make sets at a slightly smaller scale, but dropping the price by almost half (when you account for inflation) would be tough. The AT-TE would have to be basically midi-scale to have it and a dropship for $160.

-The dropship is pretty obscure, and it seems more likely they'd just do an AT-TE or gunship or something for a republic vehicle at $100+

18 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Maybe logistically the AU market is not big enough?

This is probably it. If they don't have any factories down there, it's probably pretty expensive to ship stuff to australia, and lego probably decided it would be better to ship too little stock down there and have a shortage (and ensure high demand for the next shipment) than to ship too much stock down there and have to either ship the stuff back or just leave it.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

...why? Lego doesn't frequently do chrome anymore, and there's no way a non-UCS naboo starfighter would be anywhere near $160.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is probably it. If they don't have any factories down there, it's probably pretty expensive to ship stuff to australia, and lego probably decided it would be better to ship too little stock down there and have a shortage (and ensure high demand for the next shipment) than to ship too much stock down there and have to either ship the stuff back or just leave it.

No factory but we have a warehouse that they opened in 2018, I suspect they get most of their stock from the Chinese factories to save on the shipping. The warehouse opening slashed the shipping times from 3 weeks+ to only a few days (well, for most people. Somehow my orders still take weeks because they insist on using terrible couriers). That, and the opening of certified stores, says to me that they recognise the potential of the Australian market, they just haven’t done a good job of keeping it stocked. If it weren’t for the pandemic they might’ve been able to work out the supply issues last year.