MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Yeah pls dont destroy my self-image

U live in a small village? Otherwise sounds strange

I live in one of the major capital cities. It is very strange, it never used to be this way. The pandemic isn’t to blame, we haven’t been getting sufficient stock for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Yeah pls dont destroy my self-image

U live in a small village? Otherwise sounds strange

I also live in a capital city in Australia and there are massive stock issues with SW Lego over the past 18 months.  Can totally agree with the AT-ST Raider, luckily picked one up on day 1 otherwise would've never got it.

Additionally there have been stock issues from warehouse to other retail outlets and this has a flow on affect, luckily I got my 501st and AAT sets online last year but know a number of people who have had issues trying to purchase in stores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

How close are the new TIE and X-Wing to minifig scale?

I'm gonna be "that guy" and bring up that minifig scale doesn't really exist because minifigures aren't proportionate to humans (I. e. most humans aren't half as wide as they are tall). Therefore if you're looking for something exact you have to figure out what dimension you want to use (I.e. a figure as 6' tall), but in general terms I'd say that the new TIE is a bit too small compared to the figure, but the x-wing looks good. That said, I own the 2018 x-wing, which I assume is larger, and it looks pretty good to-scale too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that 75309 D2C ($349) is rumored to be the Republic Gunship and 75313 D2C ($799) is rumored to be the Death Star II. This makes sense if true.

The Republic Gunship may be a real UCS, larger and more detailed than previous playset models, as many wanted.

The Death Star is probably one of the most widely recognizable things in the SW universe and, due to its size, maybe the only one which could justify the rumored piece count (11,000).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

How close are the new TIE and X-Wing to minifig scale?

As @Mandalorianknight said, minifigure scale is kind of whatever you want it to be. I use 1:36 for MOCs but I've seen others use anywhere between 1:25 and 1:50.

To get scientific, based on dimensions from Wookieepedia both sets seem to be around 1:28. For reference I checked my Y-wing and A-wing from 2016 that were nearby and they're around 1:32 scale, but that only translates to two or three studs difference so the TIE and X-wing will look consistent with any other sets in your collection. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, astroboy75 said:

Any chance to get an interior for the Death Star 2? 

I’d be surprised if we didn’t, the older Death Star 2 had 3447 pieces, and this one is supposedly going to have 11000+. Although I don’t know how big the interior would be given the Death Star 2 is only half a Death Star.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here :vader:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

As @Mandalorianknight said, minifigure scale is kind of whatever you want it to be. I use 1:36 for MOCs but I've seen others use anywhere between 1:25 and 1:50.

To get scientific, based on dimensions from Wookieepedia both sets seem to be around 1:28. For reference I checked my Y-wing and A-wing from 2016 that were nearby and they're around 1:32 scale, but that only translates to two or three studs difference so the TIE and X-wing will look consistent with any other sets in your collection. Hope that helps!

So, I know minifig scale is a very subjective thing. I was meaning the same scale as "minifig scale" models like Slave I and the UCS Falcons. I have no idea how those were calculated though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here :vader:

I think the brick fanatics article with the price list a few pages back was where that started.  Not sure how legit they are but there was a source at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

So, I know minifig scale is a very subjective thing. I was meaning the same scale as "minifig scale" models like Slave I and the UCS Falcons. I have no idea how those were calculated though

Ah I see. From what I can tell the UCS Slave I and Falcon are at around 1:36 and 1:40 respectively, so they'll be a bit further off. I would guess UCS models use the upper end of the scale to fit more detail in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here :vader:

Wait, don't sent the Bothans, they'll all die again! :laugh:

I don't think it's real either, I think it's speculation that people on instagram are calling leaks.

4 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

So, I know minifig scale is a very subjective thing. I was meaning the same scale as "minifig scale" models like Slave I and the UCS Falcons. I have no idea how those were calculated though

The problem is even those sets aren't to scale with each other. Honestly, unless you have a single specific scale like 1:30, I'd just go with whatever looks better to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm feeling pretty salty now--I had $40 of VIP points to use toward the new X-Wing, but of course the website didn't work at midnight.  Feeling disgusted, I went to bed and woke up to it being backordered for almost a month.  I scoffed and hesitated (like a fool) and what do you know?  Out of stock.  This wouldn't be so much of an issue if it didn't happen EVERY SINGLE RELEASE.  I will wait for replenished stock and/or a sale from another retailer, but it still irks me to no end that I received a January 2021 catalogue in the mail today that even goes so far as to feature the Cantina, which hasn't been in stock since October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I’d be surprised if we didn’t, the older Death Star 2 had 3447 pieces, and this one is supposedly going to have 11000+. Although I don’t know how big the interior would be given the Death Star 2 is only half a Death Star.:laugh:

The new supposed death star set would have the same amount of pieces as all three previous death stars put together, regardless of an interior or not, it would have to be massive.

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here

I too am sceptical about whether it is a death star. It seems like the only set that would be iconic enough to deserve such a high amount of pieces, though I cannot see where the 7000-ish extra pieces (relative to previous sets) could go.

I suppose that the rumoured piece count of 11000 pieces of the set is also unsubstantiated, considering it come from the same source. I hope it is correct since I would really like to see what an 11000 piece set looks like, but considering that it is between 3000 - 4000 pieces more than the Millennium Falcon, yet is rumoured to have the same price, that doesn't make much sense.

19 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I live in one of the major capital cities. It is very strange, it never used to be this way. The pandemic isn’t to blame, we haven’t been getting sufficient stock for years. 

I live in a locality of less than 100 people, but I am not far away from a regional centre of close to 100 000. The same has happened here. I think the pandemic has made the problem worse, but as you said it has been happening gradually for quite some time now.

It seems that there are less sets in circulation over these last few years to be sold, but there is only a handful of SW sets that are actually being sold in stores other than Lego (IT-S Transport, Knights of Ren Ship and Tie Dagger), and many retailers are only selling a few others online only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Alright, I’m new here but I have been paying attention long enough to know the drill with fake leaks. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I came across this list on Reddit, and while the leaker is new, I’m cautiously optimistic. This is not my list for emphasis.

75303 - UCS Republic Gunship - $199.99 - 1794 pieces - May 4 Release

75304 - Darth Vader Helmet - $79.99 - 834 pieces - April 1 Release

75305 - Scout Trooper Helmet - $49.99 - 471 pieces - April 1 Release

75306 - Imperial Probe Droid - $59.99 - 683 pieces - April 1 Release

75307 - Royal Guard Helmet - $59.99 - 526 pieces - April 1 Release

75308 - Build-A-Trooper - $199.99 - 1077 pieces - 2021 Release

75309 - MBS Attack on Endor - $349.99 - 2942 pieces - 2021 Release

75310 - Rebel Ambush - $19.99 - 138 pieces - August 1 Release

75311 - Advent Calendar - $39.99 - 299 pieces - September 1 Release

75312 - V-19 Torrent - $49.99 - 533 pieces - August 1 Release

75313 - UCS Death Star - $799.99 - 6844 pieces - 2021 Release

75314 - The Bad Batch - $99.99 - 770 pieces - August 1 Release

75315 - Imperial Star Destroyer - $159.99 - 1437 pieces - August 1 Release

75316 - Revenge of Palpatine - $59.99 - 391 pieces - August 1 Release

75319 - Resistance Transport - $29.99 - 302 pieces - August 1 Release

I’m skeptical, but the people that claimed it fake were not well known leakers either. How does this look to you guys?

https://www.reddit.com/r/legostarwars/comments/kt3zfa/2021_rumors_from_a_reliable_source_of_mine_take/

original post above

edits—

according to Reddit op, revenge of palpatine is a prequel set

This list still seems pretty suspicious, especially since we are supposed to get Mando sets this year but it’s not impossible they are store exclusives. Nonetheless, I’m taking this list with as much salt as there is on Crait. If this needs to be removed by the way I can do that.

 
Read More 
Edited by Brickroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Alright, I’m new here but I have been paying attention long enough to know the drill with fake leaks. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I came across this list on Reddit, and while the leaker is new, I’m cautiously optimistic. This is not my list for emphasis.

75303 - UCS Republic Gunship - $199.99 - 1794 pieces - May 4 Release

75304 - Darth Vader Helmet - $79.99 - 834 pieces - April 1 Release

75305 - Scout Trooper Helmet - $49.99 - 471 pieces - April 1 Release

75306 - Imperial Probe Droid - $59.99 - 683 pieces - April 1 Release

75307 - Royal Guard Helmet - $59.99 - 526 pieces - April 1 Release

75308 - Build-A-Trooper - $199.99 - 1077 pieces - 2021 Release

75309 - MBS Attack on Endor - $349.99 - 2942 pieces - 2021 Release

75310 - Rebel Ambush - $19.99 - 138 pieces - August 1 Release

75311 - Advent Calendar - $39.99 - 299 pieces - September 1 Release

75312 - V-19 Torrent - $49.99 - 533 pieces - August 1 Release

75313 - UCS Death Star - $799.99 - 6844 pieces - 2021 Release

75314 - The Bad Batch - $99.99 - 770 pieces - August 1 Release

75315 - Imperial Star Destroyer - $159.99 - 1437 pieces - August 1 Release

75316 - Revenge of Palpatine - $59.99 - 391 pieces - August 1 Release

75319 - Resistance Transport - $29.99 - 302 pieces - August 1 Release

I’m skeptical, but the people that claimed it fake were not well known leakers either. How does this look to you guys?

https://www.reddit.com/r/legostarwars/comments/kt3zfa/2021_rumors_from_a_reliable_source_of_mine_take/

original post above

 
Read More 

I’m very weary of this list, seems like a wishlist from one of them Clone Wars die hards. No way you would have so many PT era sets. With that being said, I do really hope that the $350 is a MBS and not the Gunship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Unless one of our Bothan Spy's corrects me I'm going to call bluff on the Death Star rumor. Someone mentioned it here, on this forum as a wish/possibility with no evidence. Then I saw it on Insta as a rumor. Then the fan blogs started talking about it. Seems more like the rumor telephone game than a leak. If it turns out I'm right, I'll be holding this example over your heads forever as the perfect reason why wishlisting/unsubstantiated rumors are frowned upon here :vader:

While I still think the DS rumor is crap, I did wonder if, were it true, it came with a fleet battling around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KevinMD said:

While I still think the DS rumor is crap, I did wonder if, were it true, it came with a fleet battling around it.

I am hesitant as well, but it would fit the price. I can't think of anything else that would. Again hypothetical, if they did make a 11,000 Death Star, do you think they would try a colosseum route?  Smaller detailed pieces making a more model version of the death star? Or stay with a bigger hybrid MBS style playset of the past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I am hesitant as well, but it would fit the price. I can't think of anything else that would. Again hypothetical, if they did make a 11,000 Death Star, do you think they would try a colosseum route?  Smaller detailed pieces making a more model version of the death star? Or stay with a bigger hybrid MBS style playset of the past?

I'm guessing the former. It makes more sense for the piece point, otherwise the thing would be insanely big. Big is usually better but there is a tipping point and an 11,000 piece MBS DSII is way past that tipping point. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I am hesitant as well, but it would fit the price. I can't think of anything else that would.

Super Star destroyer or ATAT are easy ones but the list dwindles quickly after in my opinion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Pure cap. Not real. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

75312 - V-19 Torrent - $49.99 - 533 pieces - August 1 Release

75319 - Resistance Transport - $29.99 - 302 pieces - August 1 Release

These two have popped up on every fake list for the last two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Thank you. 

These two have popped up on every fake list for the last two years.

Really? I would not have expected those two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Alright, I’m new here but I have been paying attention long enough to know the drill with fake leaks. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I came across this list on Reddit, and while the leaker is new, I’m cautiously optimistic. This is not my list for emphasis.

Read More 

"build a trooper" sounds sketchy and reminds me of the toys r us event back before Attack of the clones where it was just a box full of lego clones and you had to build as many as you could in one minute. V-19 torrent and resistance transport are hangovers from an old fake list, and many of the other sets sound too wishlistly to be true. Case in point, "revenge of palpatine" is not something lego would name a set, and it seems unlikely to me that the poster would know it's a prequel set, but nothing about the actual contents of the set aside from that, and nothing about the other sets besides the names. (prices and numbers for the next wave leaked a few days ago, he's clearly basing them off that.)

TLDR THE LIST IS COMPLETELY FAKE.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

These two have popped up on every fake list for the last two years.

Yeah, and they never made much sense either. I can accept that some people might want the torrent (though it seems like people would want a headhunter or ARC-170 much more) but the resistance transport/lifeboat from TLJ is not something people are asking for. Add to it that neither of these sets seem likely for lego to make anytime soon (Ship that only appears in the first couple seasons of an animated show, and a ship without weapons that would be hard to make at that scale and is from a film they made a ton of sets for a few years ago), and it seems almost like this guy wanted to tip people off to it being fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.