MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, storskogen said:

The Nebulon B looks excellent! A pity it is a SDCC exclusive, it would have been a day 1 purchase for me. Still, due to the high interest in latest UCS poll and the current release in limited edition in nano scale, it might be there is a chance for a larger micro scale UCS version in the future.

I have no doubt there's something planned in the pipeline for after the Republic Gunship gets released.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:19 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

With the exception of the potential Mandalorian set, this year is setting up to be the worst LSW year to date.

Do we know for sure if the X-Wing, TIE, and Lambda are going to be regular set "scale-downs" or are they likely to be bigger 4+ models? ("5+"?)

If these are just scaled back a bit, then there's hope, but even still, the rumored figure selections for the TIE and X-Wing seem very bare minimum to me.

Maybe pictures will sway my mind...

this could be the most consumer friendly wave in years if the x wing, tie , and shuttle dont look like trash

1 hour ago, hands on said:

this could be the most consumer friendly wave in years if the x wing, tie , and shuttle dont look like trash

I agree. I can't stress enough how great it will be for kids to be able to get good models of the two most iconic SW ships for half the price it would otherwise cost them.

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I have no doubt there's something planned in the pipeline for after the Republic Gunship gets released.

This is just a SDCC exclusive, so I'm sure you're right. I'd say we'll probably get the gunship in 2021 and the nebbie in 2022. Not sure the bomber had enough support to warrant a set anytime soon.

Nebbie looks great, I don't collect midi scale but I love the model. Anyone know how accurate scale-wise this would be next to either the system or UCS star destroyer?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyone know how accurate scale-wise this would be next to either the system or UCS star destroyer?

It might not be far off from the UCS one. The Nebulon B is about twice as long as the Corellian Corvette, so based on the images it might be about right, or a little undersized if anything.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyone know how accurate scale-wise this would be next to either the system or UCS star destroyer?

The Star Destroyer is 1,600 m long, while the Nebulon measures 300 m. In LEGO scale, the UCS Star Destroyer is 66 cm long, and a perfectly scaled Nebulon would measure 12 cm, which corresponds to 15 studs. Looking at the pictures, the model seems about 30 studs long, meaning double the size then it should be. Still, I believe they should look good side by side!

5 hours ago, storskogen said:

The Star Destroyer is 1,600 m long, while the Nebulon measures 300 m. In LEGO scale, the UCS Star Destroyer is 66 cm long, and a perfectly scaled Nebulon would measure 12 cm, which corresponds to 15 studs. Looking at the pictures, the model seems about 30 studs long, meaning double the size then it should be. Still, I believe they should look good side by side!

The star destroyer is ~60cm wide, and about 120cm long

Another regional exclusive... :wall:

Thanks LEGO, I no longer trust anything you say.

yknow it's nice to see an "exclusive" you can find all the parts to, and it's a nice complement to the bespin duel set (with the same plaque plate! sucks for the at-at); idunno about you guys but if i collected star wars this would be a day 1 bricklink spree

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The star destroyer is ~60cm wide, and about 120cm long

My mistake, thanks for the correction :wink:

This means the Nebulon does scale perfectly with the Star Destroyer! I suddently got a wish to own a Star Destroyer and display it with micro imperial and rebel fleets.

So apparently ... the Nebulon-B frigate is going to cost $40 & will be released in late October/November (most likely US only)

13 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Another regional exclusive... :wall:

Thanks LEGO, I no longer trust anything you say.

Have you read the statement? It clearly says convention exclusives are exempt from that rule :wink: I‘m not happy about it either, but that‘s how it is

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Have you read the statement? It clearly says convention exclusives are exempt from that rule :wink: I‘m not happy about it either, but that‘s how it is

:eyeroll: It’s still a load of lepin. Without a convention for these sets to be exclusive to they should be available everywhere. I get that the sets were probably produced in the factory ages ago and now they’re just selling off the stock for the warehouse space, but at this point you have to ask why they don’t just hold off on the release to produce more of the set so they can sell it worldwide. 

The same thing gets brought up every year, convention exclusives just end up going to scalpers. It wouldn’t be an issue if it was just exclusive packaging or an exclusive piece like a plate that says “SDCC”, but they always go out of their way to load the sets with unique figures and parts. Star Wars fans got lucky this year, bricklinking the frigate will be easy (a lot of the collectors on this forum probably have the parts already), but superhero fans continue to get shafted every year. So many characters they will never get because in LEGO’s mind they’ve already made them available to everyone. Just look at the brickheadz, we still haven’t gotten most of those characters from the initial wave of SDCC exclusives.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

:eyeroll: It’s still a load of lepin. Without a convention for these sets to be exclusive to they should be available everywhere. I get that the sets were probably produced in the factory ages ago and now they’re just selling off the stock for the warehouse space, but at this point you have to ask why they don’t just hold off on the release to produce more of the set so they can sell it worldwide. 

The same thing gets brought up every year, convention exclusives just end up going to scalpers. It wouldn’t be an issue if it was just exclusive packaging or an exclusive piece like a plate that says “SDCC”, but they always go out of their way to load the sets with unique figures and parts. Star Wars fans got lucky this year, bricklinking the frigate will be easy (a lot of the collectors on this forum probably have the parts already), but superhero fans continue to get shafted every year. So many characters they will never get because in LEGO’s mind they’ve already made them available to everyone. Just look at the brickheadz, we still haven’t gotten most of those characters from the initial wave of SDCC exclusives.

Nearly every major retailer or business entity with a presence at San Diego Comic-Con offers some form of exclusive merchandise for those in attendance - this is the norm for nearly every major convention, universal or fandom-exclusive. Holding LEGO solely responsible for their decision to participate in this practice and create exclusive items is a sentiment that seems to be echoed on these forums a lot, when it's the standard practice for these companies to do so. It creates a sense of importance and generates extra hype and engagement for people that attend these events, and shouldn't be seen as anti-consumer when it's there to actually engage with the community and give people attending these conventions something more to get excited about. The fact that LEGO is releasing sets like the Nebulon-B and Bespin Duel for a limited run on the wider market is something that should be celebrated, because it makes it far easier for more people to have access to these sets than they otherwise would have. They don't have the inventory, the production, or the distribution set up for a global release of a product like this when unforeseen events forced them to come up with an alternative release, and it's unfair to pressure them to do so for what was supposed to be a much more limited product anyways.

Regional exclusives are unfair - I won't argue that - but people need to be more understanding of the situation caused by the current pandemic and that  LEGO is doing the best it can reasonably be expected to do when it comes to releasing sets like these. It takes an inordinate amount of time, planning, resources, and coordination for the global release of any LEGO set; and that's not something that LEGO can just pull out of thin air when plans fall through for a convention exclusive. And besides, the idea of a convention exclusive is, as the name suggests, something that is meant to be unique to the event and provide fans and collectors with a prized piece of merchandise that you can't find anywhere else - they shouldn't be things being remade for a wider audience in the years after because that defeats their purpose.

1 hour ago, LarryBoy said:

Regional exclusives are unfair - I won't argue that - but people need to be more understanding of the situation caused by the current pandemic and that  LEGO is doing the best it can reasonably be expected to do when it comes to releasing sets like these.

And let's not pretend that releasing a figure in a magazine exclusive to Europe, which was previously exclusive to a MBS set and now coincidentally in a regional USA exclusive set, isn't being rather nice. "You want this figure? Ok well, if you're in USA you get a good set along with it. If you're in Europe you can have it for 10% of the price." Thanks very much, Lego.

I mean Bespin Luke, obviously. Just realised I typed all that without actually naming the fig.

I understand why people are saying this wave is bad, but I always appreicate getting new versions of sets I already have, since there's usually new techniques employed that I can then apply to the versions I already own.

An image of the microfighter Millennium Falcon apparently leaked. The picture is very blurry but it is what you would expect. Don’t know which figure comes with it though. It looks like Han Solo from the Solo Movie but the falcon isn’t the Solo one.

24 minutes ago, Legopls said:

An image of the microfighter Millennium Falcon apparently leaked. The picture is very blurry but it is what you would expect. Don’t know which figure comes with it though. It looks like Han Solo from the Solo Movie but the falcon isn’t the Solo one.

It's possible it's Hoth Han with his brown parka. It would match up with the Tauntaun set after all.

The guy who posted the leak also posted some gift box but not sure if it’s real or how it’s obtainable

59 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

The guy who posted the leak also posted some gift box but not sure if it’s real or how it’s obtainable

In April 2019, there was a Star Wars mystery box (exclusive to Europe I think) offered with purchases over 85€. It contained 5 items (polybags, keychain, mini-builds). It's probably going to be something similar this year.

On 10/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, Redroe said:

And let's not pretend that releasing a figure in a magazine exclusive to Europe, which was previously exclusive to a MBS set and now coincidentally in a regional USA exclusive set, isn't being rather nice. "You want this figure? Ok well, if you're in USA you get a good set along with it. If you're in Europe you can have it for 10% of the price." Thanks very much, Lego.

I mean Bespin Luke, obviously. Just realised I typed all that without actually naming the fig.

Yeah, lego tries their best. 

2 hours ago, wicket said:

In April 2019, there was a Star Wars mystery box (exclusive to Europe I think) offered with purchases over 85€. It contained 5 items (polybags, keychain, mini-builds). It's probably going to be something similar this year.

One in america too, it had yularen and some other great figures. I missed it by like a day, I was so annoyed.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:37 PM, LarryBoy said:

something that is meant to be unique to the event

I think the exclusives should be something unique to the event or its location, not classic scenes and ships stamped with a 40th anniversary special to increase collectability even more. They expose their worldwide loyal collectors to scalpers and fraud. Its a weird year but Lego have understood this from all the feedback that led to the region change but rather than be fair and spread availability across all region they chose a region exclusive model

What are the bookies offering on the Mando set including baby Yoda for $30? :sceptic:

Based on the recent poster I fully expect it to be a couple of speeder bikes.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:37 AM, LarryBoy said:

Nearly every major retailer or business entity with a presence at San Diego Comic-Con offers some form of exclusive merchandise for those in attendance - this is the norm for nearly every major convention, universal or fandom-exclusive. Holding LEGO solely responsible for their decision to participate in this practice and create exclusive items is a sentiment that seems to be echoed on these forums a lot, when it's the standard practice for these companies to do so. It creates a sense of importance and generates extra hype and engagement for people that attend these events, and shouldn't be seen as anti-consumer when it's there to actually engage with the community and give people attending these conventions something more to get excited about. The fact that LEGO is releasing sets like the Nebulon-B and Bespin Duel for a limited run on the wider market is something that should be celebrated, because it makes it far easier for more people to have access to these sets than they otherwise would have. They don't have the inventory, the production, or the distribution set up for a global release of a product like this when unforeseen events forced them to come up with an alternative release, and it's unfair to pressure them to do so for what was supposed to be a much more limited product anyways.

Regional exclusives are unfair - I won't argue that - but people need to be more understanding of the situation caused by the current pandemic and that  LEGO is doing the best it can reasonably be expected to do when it comes to releasing sets like these. It takes an inordinate amount of time, planning, resources, and coordination for the global release of any LEGO set; and that's not something that LEGO can just pull out of thin air when plans fall through for a convention exclusive. And besides, the idea of a convention exclusive is, as the name suggests, something that is meant to be unique to the event and provide fans and collectors with a prized piece of merchandise that you can't find anywhere else - they shouldn't be things being remade for a wider audience in the years after because that defeats their purpose.

Again this is a really stupid thing to say. If there is no event to which the set should have been exclusive, LEGO should either keep it in warehouse until next Sdcc or just mass produce and repackage set.

It’s ridiculous to me how some people always defend legos actions no matter how anti-consumer they are. They are basically saying “only US customers matter to us, screw the rest of the world”! 

What’s stopping them from producing more Bespin duel sets? They can make a ton of money by selling it as a regular set, there is clearly a demand for it.

22 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Again this is a really stupid thing to say. If there is no event to which the set should have been exclusive, LEGO should either keep it in warehouse until next Sdcc or just mass produce and repackage set.

It’s ridiculous to me how some people always defend legos actions no matter how anti-consumer they are. They are basically saying “only US customers matter to us, screw the rest of the world”! 

What’s stopping them from producing more Bespin duel sets? They can make a ton of money by selling it as a regular set, there is clearly a demand for it.

It could be that Lego has no free capacity in their production facilities. Lego wants to run the machines at 100% to make their Investment worthwile. Same goes with stocks, it is just not economical to block space for one year. 

42 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

It could be that Lego has no free capacity in their production facilities. Lego wants to run the machines at 100% to make their Investment worthwile. Same goes with stocks, it is just not economical to block space for one year. 

But they could still just as easily say ''this is what we have right now. Expect more stock for both the US and the rest of the world sometime later''

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But they could still just as easily say ''this is what we have right now. Expect more stock for both the US and the rest of the world sometime later''

Could be but I think Lego plans far ahead with the production which means that there won‘t be any free production capacity in the near future.