MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Was able to find the post, not going to quote it because I don't want to give them a notification on an old post

To save others the trouble of searching: The post confirming that 75299 is not the only Mandalorian set coming in 2021 is on Page 24 of this thread. 

22 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

To save others the trouble of searching: The post confirming that 75299 is not the only Mandalorian set coming in 2021 is on Page 24 of this thread. 

Thanks :thumbup: Of course the only conclusion we can draw from that is that we‘re getting at least one Mando set with minifigures in 2HY. I hope it‘s more than one, but technically a single 20$ set would satisfy this condition too :tongue:

The exact quote from @jdubbs said is "This is not the only Mando set in 2021, so it's certainly possible Cobb will appear later in the year.", for anyone who doesn't want to take the time to go all the way to page 24.

That this was said back in early november means that, now that we know the full january and march waves, either:

a) there's a surprise mando set like the IT-S. Jdubbs has said something to the effect of he doesn't think there are any surprise 1hy sets, so he can't be referring to this. it doesn't mean it's not impossible, but it's not what he was talking about.

b) there are at least some hints to the 2hy sets available to some people. This is probably the most likely option.

c) the other mando set was cancelled. This is possible, especially since a microfighter was cancelled too (though I don't believe he meant the microfighter), but I think it's most likely option b, I can't see lego cancelling a mando set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

10 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

c) the other mando set was cancelled. This is possible, especially since a microfighter was cancelled too (though I don't believe he meant the microfighter), but I think it's most likely option b, I can't see lego cancelling a mando set.

Also I think that the Microfighter was rumored to be cancelled as early as like October or whenever that initial set list came out.  And given how Microfighters usually trend, considering the other two are both OT based, I feel like it would've been probably OT as well, since doing two OT and a Mando one would've been kind of odd.

I mean given how the Mandalorian is a record breaking show and how well Mando sets have sold for Lego, I think it is most likely that we will see another Mando set by the time 2021 is over. If the mumblings I have heard are even somewhat true, it points to us getting at least a Mando set in the rest of 2021. But it is too early to know for sure, so that assumption is mostly based off the success of the show and accompanying sets. 

I can't understand how a company who's core ideology is having an imagination, is giving us a third Millennium Falcon for a Microfighter. At least could've given us Lando with this one?

How many vehicles they could have done? Let's see?.... for starters.

1) Sand Crawler

2) Lukes Speeder

3) Palps Shuttle

4) Boba's Slave 1

5) Pod Racer

6) Vader's Tie

I mean, if they HAD to go with the damned Falcon again to drain every ounce of nostalgia from the fans, then why not give us the Solo Falcon with the Escape Pod?

Come on Lego? Use your imagination.

17 minutes ago, TravMac said:

I mean, if they HAD to go with the damned Falcon again to drain every ounce of nostalgia from the fans, then why not give us the Solo Falcon with the Escape Pod?

It'll have been 7 years since the last OT falcon when this one releases. The people who were 1-5 then are 6-11 now. Lego's primary customers, especially for microfighters, are children, and they have a whole new mass of children who were too young to get the last falcon microfighter. I don't like excessive remakes, but two OT falcon microfighters in 7 years isn't bad.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:28 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Also I think that the Microfighter was rumored to be cancelled as early as like October or whenever that initial set list came out.  And given how Microfighters usually trend, considering the other two are both OT based, I feel like it would've been probably OT as well, since doing two OT and a Mando one would've been kind of odd.

Yeah I'm 99% sure the cancelled set was vader's tie or a tie fighter.

What about the Last Jedi Millennium Falcon?? That only came out in like 2018, it had a different figure but the build was quite similar.

I know it’s gone silent on them for a while but when do we think there will be new info on the 2021 Helmet collection ? 

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

I know it’s gone silent on them for a while but when do we think there will be new info on the 2021 Helmet collection ? 

I think last year we got pictures around late March without any leaks before then other than knowing for sure we were getting a Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.  If I remember right, the TIE one was rumored to be a system scale set and didn't even get confirmed as a helmet until we saw the pictures of it.  

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

March, probably, with a may release.

Current the rumors are:

Vader helmet, scout trooper helmet, unknown helmet, probe droid statue.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

unknown helmet,

The unknown is either a Royal Guard or I saw a wild wishlist disguised as a leak. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The unknown is either a Royal Guard or I saw a wild wishlist disguised as a leak. 

It's been speculated, and for about 5 seconds people thought it was "confirmed" based on a royal guard bust in the background of some lego promo that upon closer inspection was a) too big and b) built using basic bricks like the old maul and yoda busts. It still could be a royal guard, but I don't think it's been leaked yet.

Americans check your Kohls stores for new 2021 sets early. They started popping up there. If someone from Croatia is here there are 501st sets in German Muller store chains for 33% off till 16th december,just leave my AATs alone.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's been speculated, and for about 5 seconds people thought it was "confirmed" based on a royal guard bust in the background of some lego promo that upon closer inspection was a) too big and b) built using basic bricks like the old maul and yoda busts. It still could be a royal guard, but I don't think it's been leaked yet.

Yeah I remember seeing that years ago. There were all kinds of prototype builds in the background, including an Imperial Probe Droid and I believe a Watto bust 

The amount of new content Disney might announce (or rather, confirm) in their investor call today both excites and scares me *huh* If they‘re this hesitant with Mando already, what are they going to do with 5+ competing shows? :laugh_hard:

Disney: announces a slew of new films, animated & live-action shows

TLG: DID SOMEONE SAY MORE OT REMAKES?! :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The amount of new content Disney might announce (or rather, confirm) in their investor call today both excites and scares me *huh* If they‘re this hesitant with Mando already, what are they going to do with 5+ competing shows? :laugh_hard:

Disney: announces a slew of new films, animated & live-action shows

TLG: DID SOMEONE SAY MORE OT REMAKES?! :tongue:

Quite to the contrary, given all the new live action shows and the reception to the mandalorian I think it's more likely we'll see something like when they'd do a wave solely dedicated to a film before that film's release, except in this case either a wave for all new shows/seasons that year, or all waves in the year having a few sets for the next show to release, depending on how far apart the release of the shows are.

The shuttle polybag looks really good. I might have to pick it up for some of the newer parts.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Quite to the contrary, given all the new live action shows and the reception to the mandalorian I think it's more likely we'll see something like when they'd do a wave solely dedicated to a film before that film's release, except in this case either a wave for all new shows/seasons that year, or all waves in the year having a few sets for the next show to release, depending on how far apart the release of the shows are.

I hope you‘re right :thumbup: It‘s just that Mando has had 4 sets total spread across 4 waves dedicated to it, which is still less than your regular new-movie-tie-in wave would have. Brickheadz and buildable figures don‘t count :tongue:

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This looks amazing!

Fennec Shand at ~40 and ~50 seconds in the Bad Batch trailer. They have to give us her as a minifigure now, surely. But then again, they still haven't given us Bo Katan..

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope you‘re right :thumbup: It‘s just that Mando has had 4 sets total spread across 4 waves dedicated to it, which is still less than your regular new-movie-tie-in wave would have. Brickheadz and buildable figures don‘t count :tongue:

They were worried it wouldn't do well due to how the animated shows preformed. Sets take a while to make, I think that only 3 of the 6 sets were actually planned before the show (razor crest (sans BY of course), AT-ST and mando battlepack. we know for a fact that at least the baby yoda statue and brickheadz weren't.) Given how well the mandalorian did, we'll see some sets. On the other hand, there are what, 11 new shows and movies coming out in the next 3 years, not counting new seasons of mandalorian or any of the other shows? 

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Fennec Shand at ~40 and ~50 seconds in the Bad Batch trailer. They have to give us her as a minifigure now, surely. But then again, they still haven't given us Bo Katan..

We'll get her in a slave one in 2022 or something, I'm sure. Odd no boba fett show announcement, but I still have hope.

I'm so unbelievably hyped about all the new stuff! Rogue squadron is my favorite by far, but I'm super happy with all of them, especially the rangers of the new republic (Cara Dune cinematic universe?) and Acolyte. Bad batch trailer is great too, is that a clone rebellion on kamino we're seeing? And Fennec Shand!!!

And while unrelated, I have to mention the other lucasfilm announcement, with Harrison Ford donning the hat one final time. :grin_wub:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And while unrelated, I have to mention the other lucasfilm announcement, with Harrison Ford donning the hat one final time. :grin_wub:

That might be the most exciting news of all for me, I hope we get some sets out of it.  I know it's been rumored to be "in production" for like, a decade, but to get actual confirmation that it's coming, well, I'm stoked.  

Regarding the new stuff, I would assume if there's anything from these shows, at the earliest it'd either be if there's some sort of Force Friday for 2021 (which is plausible if any of these shows gets pushed up to fall of 2021) or more likely winter of 2022?  I'm not 100% clear on the dates for each show other than Kenobi and Andor both being 2022 and Bad Batch supposedly being 2021?  So maybe next fall for Mando S3 + Bad Batch + if by chance one of the other live action shows get accelerated and comes out early, they might do a Force Friday-esque thing that could include some sets.  If not, something Bad Batch related in the summer wave would make sense regardless, since they've already been introduced as characters.  Even if the show flops, the set would probably be fine since the figures have been requested since they were introduced.

Edited by Kit Figsto