MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 11/24/2021 at 8:23 AM, McMurder_them_softly said:

For those Mall of America peeps, they are getting ~100 AT-ATs. I will try online first, going to MoA on Black Friday...*shudders* 

Wow, that's a lot. It makes sense, for such a big city and high profile store. I'm going to go to my local store about 2 AM, 4 hours before opening. Overnight temp is 29 degrees. The things we do for LEGO!

They opened up the ATAT online orders a few minutes ahead of schedule.  Hope everyone gets one that tries!  I would have liked to get one in person to inspect the box but going into a mall on Black Friday just for the chance was too much to fathom.

I jumped on at about 11:50 EST and am still sitting in the waiting room (now 12:13 EST). Getting nervous...

EDIT: Got one! Woohoo! And the Skywalker lightsaber was still available!

Edited by The_Chosen_1

Snagged one at Midnight on the button here...then the site went sideways as I went to see if they had more in stock.

Good luck to those waiting!

In the UK, got up just before midnight to order the AT-AT, went to the page before the AT-AT became available and waited, got put into queue just after midnight but then was less than a minute before I was back on the page and able to order, which went through smoothly.

Looking now I see it's still available (along with the lightsabre) so not as much of an initial rush as I was expecting.

I suspect they had a larger stockpile than suspected - it also helps they are locking it to 1 per buyer - that kind of thinking is sadly lacking in most retailers.

I'd be surprised if they still have stock tomorrow to be honest.

I'm just glad I didn't have to drive anywhere and stand out in the cold. :)

I was purchase 8/24 at my local store (Brighton in the UK) got there about 15 minutes after they opened. About halfway through the build now, partway through box 3. Really good build, although the legs and undercarriage can be a bit fiddly and fragile until it’s all together 

Edited by Whovastron

Still available in the UK with Luke's lightsaber and they've increased the number of maximum set purchases from 1 to 2.

On backorder for Aus/NZ now, shipping 8th December. Order limit has been 2 since it went live yesterday, and lightsabers are still available.

Edited by 1340cc

Strange they limited US/CDN? to 1 here at least initially....scalpers are kind of "everywhere" no matter country/region.

I also did not know about the lightsaber - was too busy in a mad dash to get the AT-AT - bonus! :)

On 11/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, mirkwoodspiders said:

Wow, that's a lot. It makes sense, for such a big city and high profile store. I'm going to go to my local store about 2 AM, 4 hours before opening. Overnight temp is 29 degrees. The things we do for LEGO!

Ha true! Thankfully I was able to get one online at about 10:55 PM CST. Should arrive tomorrow with some promo goodies! Now I don't need to worry about another system AT-AT, this is the peak unless they do another UCS one in the future. 

Maybe I missed something since a little earlier in the month, but I just checked the LEGO Store website and it's showing the UCS AT-AT in stock for £699.99 now? Was it not £750? Did they quickly realise that £750 was unpalatable for most people? 

29 minutes ago, Totoro said:

Maybe I missed something since a little earlier in the month, but I just checked the LEGO Store website and it's showing the UCS AT-AT in stock for £699.99 now? Was it not £750? Did they quickly realise that £750 was unpalatable for most people? 

Yep, the price suddenly dropped a few days after it first appeared. Don't believe there's been any official comment on it, so don't know if it was a mistake or they just responded to negative feedback.

2 minutes ago, Tavis75 said:

Yep, the price suddenly dropped a few days after it first appeared. Don't believe there's been any official comment on it, so don't know if it was a mistake or they just responded to negative feedback.

Well, at least it's something! It definitely looks a little more pleasing with a 6 at the beginning. I see the set hasn't sold out either, which is strange for a UCS Star Wars set. 

Has anyone in the UK who ordered their AT-AT online had it delivered yet?

I have had an email saying that the AT-AT and GWP will be boxed separately which is fine as they are probably coming from different manufacturing facilities.

Both packages are being delivered by the same courier company though so I'm hoping they deliver both packages at the same time. I have one of them arriving tomorrow, I don't know if it will be both packages or if they are just delivering one of them, which package it is.

Normally it wouldn't be an issue but I've got a meeting at work in the morning so I'm trying to see if it's worth avoiding the meeting to stay home for a package. If I knew it was the GWP arriving tomorrow I wouldn't mind the extra days waiting for a new delivery slot.

6 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Has anyone in the UK who ordered their AT-AT online had it delivered yet?

I have had an email saying that the AT-AT and GWP will be boxed separately which is fine as they are probably coming from different manufacturing facilities.

I'm going to take a random guess based on my experience of the other huge UCS sets like the Falcon and the Star Destroyer. But the shipping boxes for those sets are pretty much the exact size of the set itself, so I'm guessing there's no room for the GWP in there, and so they have to ship it separately. 

So there’s a page in the instructions of the lightsaber GWP that states it’s the saber Luke had in RotJ… I’ve defended the LEGO Star Wars team a lot this year but I think I finally get where some of the gunship haters have been coming from. They definitely need someone on the team who is actually a Star Wars fan to be checking for that sort of stuff. 

16 hours ago, Totoro said:

I'm going to take a random guess based on my experience of the other huge UCS sets like the Falcon and the Star Destroyer. But the shipping boxes for those sets are pretty much the exact size of the set itself, so I'm guessing there's no room for the GWP in there, and so they have to ship it separately. 

I’ve had to rearrange it. Although I had two tracking numbers from LEGO I only had the single one from the courier company. Altering one delivery gave me two notifications. so for the UK both items should arrive in the same delivery but in separate boxes

Edited by SquirrelArmy

In the UK, my AT-AT and gifts just arrived a few minutes ago, separate boxes but both delivered at the same time by DPD. Likely to be similar for others, although I remember my Star Destroyer and gift came as two separate deliveries on different days, so might be a slight element of chance, if one of the parcels gets delayed somewhere or something. 

1 hour ago, Tavis75 said:

my AT-AT and gifts just arrived a few minutes ago, separate boxes but both delivered at the same time by DPD. 

same for me here in Germany

In the US here, 2 tracking numbers for mine and they went completely different routes, lol.  Both were picked up at the same time, but one of the packages is on my doorstep right now and the other will be there tomorrow.