MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

I prefer that plot thread being resolved in an upcoming season, rather than Mando getting „crowned“ as Mandalore right then and there. If there was a direct confrontation between him and Bo-katan, it would have been way too early I think :classic:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

…instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

They would all have died. Painfully :tongue: You could argue it was a bit of a deus ex machina, but at least it was properly foreshadowed and it did make sense.

Back to the set: Of course nothing in the set will be new technically, at least minifig-wise, but I‘m still looking forward to it. 

So, the 60$ set is now the only one unaccounted for, right? Or is that one supposed to be the alleged fighter tank? And why are the reveals this fragmented :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallway scenes get circlejerked to death, plus it felt like kind of cheap fan service, although most of season 2 did as well. That being said, it’s really quite nice we’re getting a good way to collect these guys cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

 

It undermines the whole ending in the worst possible way.

After Gideon was captured we saw how he started trying to get Bo Katan fight Mando to become the ruler of Mandalore. We would've seen that maybe he's not an amazing physical fighter, but a mental one. Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

The CGI is laughably bad. I can't get that horrific face out of my head.

Then he just takes Grogu and leaves. Terrible.

I see. Well, I think it seemed fitting, actually.
Sure, they could've used another Jedi or something, but like @BrickBob Studpants said, I think it was too early for Bo Katan and Din Djarrin to have a fight for the title of Mandalore.
Though I do agree it would have been nice to see more of Gideon's manipulative manners.
Anyway, I'm a sucker for nostalgia and tie-ins, so that's part of why I loved the scene myself :innocent2:

In any case, the Dark Troopers are very cool so it's very nice to be able to have more of them in a reasonable price setting :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

 

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

.

Once Grogu was introduced it was inevitable that Luke would appear. I will be looking forward to Mando doing his own thing is season 3 and get back to space western roots.

I might have to start playing Dark Forces after all these years to appreciate this Dark Trooper set. 75325 should be the only remaining unknown then I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Hallway scenes get circlejerked to death, plus it felt like kind of cheap fan service, although most of season 2 did as well. That being said, it’s really quite nice we’re getting a good way to collect these guys cheaper.

Exactly.

I am definitely happy we're getting this set, at least it's something new and fresh instead of another Luke's Landspeeder. I don't think I'll be interested in buying it tho - the fact that THE MANDALORIAN series is getting a set without THE MANDALORIAN, but with LUKE SKYWALKER sounds wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see the Dark Troopers in a cheaper set - especially as I have no plan to get the Light Cruiser (now just fingers crossed for Fennec in Boba's Palace, which shouldn't be too much of a stretch). Since there's already a dark robes Luke in a recent set I guess it'll be the same fig, hopefully this time with a hood and cape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

 

It undermines the whole ending in the worst possible way.

After Gideon was captured we saw how he started trying to get Bo Katan fight Mando to become the ruler of Mandalore. We would've seen that maybe he's not an amazing physical fighter, but a mental one. Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

The CGI is laughably bad. I can't get that horrific face out of my head.

Then he just takes Grogu and leaves. Terrible.

I'm sure the conflict between Bo-Katan and Din Djarin will be a major plot thread in Mandalorian Season 3. I think that'll be more interesting in the long run. I agree that the finale, and season as a whole, played heavily into nostalgia, but I don't feel that fan service is inherently bad as long as the storyline isn't compromised (which I don't feel was the case with Mando Season 2). Luke is technically the only Jedi around anymore (barring exceptions like Ahsoka or Ezra), so his appearance was sort of inevitable. I don't feel like Luke's appearance compromised the emotional goodbye between Din and Grogu, but I digress!

 

I'm honestly surprised that we're getting a Mandalorian set with Luke Skywalker before something with Cobb Vanth or Ahsoka. Luke's appearance was definitely the biggest surprise of the whole season, whereas Cobb and Ahsoka's appearances were widely reported by insiders for months in advance. Not that that would affect Lego's decision making of course, but I feel like those characters were kept less under wraps and other brands got out Cobb and Ahsoka merch a lot quicker in general. I suppose it comes down to this Dark Trooper set being pretty easy to make on paper (three of the figures are the same and already in production, Luke is an easy reuse or minor redesign, and the build probably doesn't re-invent the wheel.) I wonder if we'll have to wait for Ahsoka's show to get a post-ROTJ/Mando-era figure of her, and I strongly suspect that Cobb Vanth will play a role in at least one of the upcoming shows, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me try to make a summary:

  • 75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack
  • 75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter
  • 75322 - $50 Hoth AT-ST
  • 75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?
  • 75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers
  • 75325 - $60 [Unknown]
  • 75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace
  • 75327 - Luke's Helmet
  • 75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?
  • 75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)
  • 75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

Edited by Zap Rowsdower
Adjusted price for Yoda's Training, updated with Mandalorian's Helmet, adjusted more prices, added bullet points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am definitely happy we're getting this set, at least it's something new and fresh instead of another Luke's Landspeeder. I don't think I'll be interested in buying it tho - the fact that THE MANDALORIAN series is getting a set without THE MANDALORIAN, but with LUKE SKYWALKER sounds wrong...

Almost every other set (including this wave's microfighter) has included the Mandalorian though, it's not like he's in short supply. Given that I'm grateful he's not in the set - Beskar Mando is already well on his way to becoming the next Farmboy Luke meme.

I'm glad the dark troopers are getting a set, but their appearance has been so limited (notwithstanding Legends where I know they were a bit more prevalent) that personally I'm not really interested in getting any. That said I did skip the Final Duel set and don't have an updated RotJ Luke yet... I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

1 minute ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

75328 - [Unknown Helmet]

This is likely to be Mando's helmet by all accounts. I also thought Yoda's training was $80 but could be wrong, the rest seems correct based on what we know so far!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

So let me try to make a summery:

75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack

75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?

75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers

75325 - [Unknown]

75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace

75327 - Luke's Helmet

75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?

75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)

75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

This looks like a large January wave, which is awesome! Or I suppose that'll be broken up between January, April, and May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Haven't watched any of the Mandalorian yet (so maybe I am rambling on incoherently over a scene I have interpreted as incorrect), but the reason I am not too keen on the idea is that it ties into the Skywalker family again, one of Rogue One's main criticisms from film critics was that it couldn't resist including Leia, when it really was a) creepy and b) wasn't necessary. The same would apply to the hallway scene, when the galaxy is trying to be expanded, why bring it back to the same family once again? Relatively minor characters like Boba Fett are great as they provide consistency and give them more attention, but including such a major, and to that point, irrelevant, character feels forced and unnecessary.

Disney absolutely defecated all over Luke in the sequel trilogy.  The hallway scene and beyond in the last episode of Mando season 2 was to finally show how good Luke really was.  Look, I grew up on Star Wars, I was born in 77 and remember watching RotJ in the theaters.  I role played Star Wars as a kid like some kids do "Cops and Robbers".  I've read most of the EU books that took place after RotJ, which are now called "Legends".  Luke was, well, he was pretty powerful, and it was pretty nice to finally see that on screen.  Now if they could only figure out a way to fix Han, who is actually my favorite Star Wars character.  

 

On topic...

 

I'm looking forward to the Landspeeder.  I started collecting Star Wars Lego in 99', and the landspeeder is the first set I bought.  With that I think it would be very cool to have a UCS version of the first Star Wars set I bought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if one of those unknown sets could possibly be a dual microfighter set? This would be the first year since 2017 that we haven’t gotten one I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

So let me try to make a summery:

75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack

75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?

75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers

75325 - [Unknown]

75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace

75327 - Luke's Helmet

75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?

75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)

75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

Just a few things to add: 
AT-ST is $49.99 USD
Republic Fighter Tank isn't confirmed (I'm doubtful of its existence) 
75325 is $59.99 USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

So let me try to make a summery:

75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack

75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?

75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers

75325 - [Unknown]

75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace

75327 - Luke's Helmet

75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?

75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)

75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

Looks like a decent set list! Exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

. I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

I think he was in an advent calendar? I'm sure I used the AC version and added it to the skiff scene I'd made, so around the time that model came out. Otherwise yeah I think it's the expensive duels and death Star sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This looks like a large January wave, which is awesome! Or I suppose that'll be broken up between January, April, and May. 

Helmets are April, but most of the rest (if not all) should be January releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probable that we still won't get another release of a white phase 2 clone at this time. I will be pleased if we do, but am not going to hold my breath. At this point the only reason I can think why we still havent got another version is that lego thinks they are interchangeable with stormtroopers. I hope i'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that 75325 is another statue?  Those seem to hover around that $60-80 price point and we've had them for two years in a row now with D-0 and the Probe Droid, so I feel like there's a nonzero chance that's what that set is, especially considering the helmet info has also leaked.  The numbers seem weird since it'd be right in between a bunch of system scale stuff, but the helmets are also before a couple of sets that we're assuming are probably system scale.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

…so I feel like there's a nonzero chance that's what that set is…

Someone’s been watching Foundation…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dark Trooper set sounds great. Its nice to be able to acquire a number of them for an affordable price rather than having a single figure locked behind a massive paywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

It's probable that we still won't get another release of a white phase 2 clone at this time. I will be pleased if we do, but am not going to hold my breath. At this point the only reason I can think why we still havent got another version is that lego thinks they are interchangeable with stormtroopers. I hope i'm wrong.

You know, this comes up a lot, but I don't think it's justified. Plain white P2 troopers seem to have been virtually nonexistent under the Republic. They were pictured in promotional material around Revenge of the Sith, but if they're actually in the movie anywhere it's only for a fraction of a second (the gunner on the Guarlara might be, but you can only see the back of his head; or maybe some blurry figures in the background in the Jedi Temple hangar, although the other troopers there are 212th). There are a handful in TCW, but they don't come up remotely as often as plain P1 troopers did--there are some in the background on Anaxes, for example, and the armor Fives stole when he was a fugitive on Coruscant was plain, but overall they make up only a tiny fraction of all the troopers we see. If anything, LEGO has released more figures of them than their prominence in-universe calls for, relative to troops from virtually any specific unit. The Bad Batch is the first time they've shown up on-screen in any prominent role, so it will make much more sense to have them in the TBB sets that will presumably show up at some point than it does to put them in random RotS or TCW sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Someone’s been watching Foundation…

Or Batman versus superman, in which case we need to take the chance of that set being a statue as an absolute certainty in order not to be disappointed if it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You know, this comes up a lot, but I don't think it's justified. Plain white P2 troopers seem to have been virtually nonexistent under the Republic. They were pictured in promotional material around Revenge of the Sith, but if they're actually in the movie anywhere it's only for a fraction of a second (the gunner on the Guarlara might be, but you can only see the back of his head; or maybe some blurry figures in the background in the Jedi Temple hangar, although the other troopers there are 212th). There are a handful in TCW, but they don't come up remotely as often as plain P1 troopers did--there are some in the background on Anaxes, for example, and the armor Fives stole when he was a fugitive on Coruscant was plain, but overall they make up only a tiny fraction of all the troopers we see. If anything, LEGO has released more figures of them than their prominence in-universe calls for, relative to troops from virtually any specific unit. The Bad Batch is the first time they've shown up on-screen in any prominent role, so it will make much more sense to have them in the TBB sets that will presumably show up at some point than it does to put them in random RotS or TCW sets.

They’re in the Gunship with Yoda, Obi, & Mace on Coruscant, and are there with Tarful when it lands. Not prominent but more than a blurry image.

Off the top, yep, Fives conspiracy, the final episode of the droid arc, the S7 SOM arch (behind Jesse during the accusation & half of the burial helmets are plain P2s), and more.

It’s also a matter of them being compatible with any other army/general that arguably makes them the best Clone, despite screen time, for play purposes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, do we know which version of Mando is coming in the microfighter? This might be weird but I'm hoping it's the non-Beskar version, since I don't have him yet and he isn't available in any cheap sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Almost every other set (including this wave's microfighter) has included the Mandalorian though, it's not like he's in short supply. Given that I'm grateful he's not in the set - Beskar Mando is already well on his way to becoming the next Farmboy Luke meme.

I'm glad the dark troopers are getting a set, but their appearance has been so limited (notwithstanding Legends where I know they were a bit more prevalent) that personally I'm not really interested in getting any. That said I did skip the Final Duel set and don't have an updated RotJ Luke yet... I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

I meant in another way. I'm glad this set doesn't include Mando, but the fact that Lego could make a set based on The Mandalorian, that includes only Luke and droids definitely makes me feel like there's something wrong with this series as a whole.

32 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Quick question, do we know which version of Mando is coming in the microfighter? This might be weird but I'm hoping it's the non-Beskar version, since I don't have him yet and he isn't available in any cheap sets. 

We don't. 

I also hope it's the non-Beskar one tho, as you can get that one in cheap, available sets. The other one you can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.