MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

No the tank has said to be bigger than the last one which was $30, so the $60 slot could still be open. Even though it’ll probably be overpriced at that point, but knowing it has a decent amount of clones in it that would be a shock.

Aha, I thought it was 20EUR (or USD, same difference) - I must've been thinking of the UK price. That would make it more expensive than even the first one though, I wouldn't be so interested in that.

I see Luke is to be included in the dark trooper set as well... Never mind my Tython theory then :laugh:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

7 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

Hopefully the Luke comes with an alternate Plo Koon head.

I doubt TLG designers watch the gallery episodes on the Mandalorian but yah that'd be cool. 

I guess this might not be a BP but since Fulcrum called it that I'm gonna say that it's a dumb decision to include Luke in a BP. BP's are for army building and so if I want to build out a squad of 30 dark troopers then I'd need to buy 10 and I'd end up with 10 Luke's I don't want. If the set isn't a BP then this isn't an issue but if it is like the 501st BP then this is another way Lego is squeezing every last dollar out of the stuff fans actually want. (which they have every right to do it just pisses me off)

Dark Trooper battlepack, yaaayy!! :excited:
I really hope this rumor turns out to be true.
If so, what are the odds the minifigs will be updated already? 
Slim right? 'Cause the first version appeared only shortly ago. And, frankly, I hope they're exactly the same as the one from Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser.

About this Republic Tank that people have mentioned, would that be Saber Class hover tank, or another?

Regards,
Mitch

So this battlepack isn’t really a bp, but rather set based on that scene of Luke fighting Darktroopers on Gideon’s ship. Ok, I’m fine with this as long as they don’t call this set a bp.

Finally a confirmation of this set! I must say I'm really excited about Luke being in this set since I was planning on bricklinking him with the cape, hood and everything. As for the build I can see 2 possibilities. One where they include the elevator (Similar to Snoke's throne room) with a bit of hallway leading up to the door. Or the opposite half with the door and a part of the bridge itself. But I guess we'll see the first part since that's where the action took place.

31 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I guess this might not be a BP but since Fulcrum called it that I'm gonna say that it's a dumb decision to include Luke in a BP. BP's are for army building and so if I want to build out a squad of 30 dark troopers then I'd need to buy 10 and I'd end up with 10 Luke's I don't want. If the set isn't a BP then this isn't an issue but if it is like the 501st BP then this is another way Lego is squeezing every last dollar out of the stuff fans actually want. (which they have every right to do it just pisses me off)

It’ll probably be a “battle pack” the same way that the AAT or Imperial Marauder are Battle Packs. They’re more expensive and come with a named character each, but are otherwise very massable. Though this one most likely won’t have a vehicle build, so that makes it even less of a Battle Pack.

45 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

Hopefully the Luke comes with an alternate Plo Koon head.

That’s a deep cut.

I’m excited for this. I imagine the build would have to be that elevator and hallway that Luke fought the Dark Troopers in, so buying multiples might be a good way to get a bunch of parts to do a MOC of this scene. Hopefully the Luke figure is a little updated and not just ROTJ Luke again.

3 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Finally a confirmation of this set! I must say I'm really excited about Luke being in this set since I was planning on bricklinking him with the cape, hood and everything. As for the build I can see 2 possibilities. One where they include the elevator (Similar to Snoke's throne room) with a bit of hallway leading up to the door. Or the opposite half with the door and a part of the bridge itself. But I guess we'll see the first part since that's where the action took place.

TLG should bring back alternate builds for "Battle Packs".

For example, this set could have a primary build of the hallway, but there'd be alternate instructions for the "space bridge", storage room, and elevator so if you bought multiples you could assemble them together (e.g. the 3-in-1 Creator Castle).

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So this battlepack isn’t really a bp, but rather set based on that scene of Luke fighting Darktroopers on Gideon’s ship. Ok, I’m fine with this as long as they don’t call this set a bp.

They never even called a 501st set a bp nor did brickset, it was just community members spreading nonsense. This is a 30$ set that leakers are calling a battlepack cause you can buy multiple of which is the same with imperial marauder and tie fighter from this year.

5 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Do we think Luke will get at least a new torso? I really hope he does, but I could absolutely see LEGO not doing that. 

I suspect not, but I'm expecting a black hood piece and a cape, along with the hairpiece.

49 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Do we think Luke will get at least a new torso? I really hope he does, but I could absolutely see LEGO not doing that. 

No, his outfit is pretty much his black robes from the end of ep 6 with cape and hood. They will probably reuse ep 6 Luke minifigure.

Edited by benderisgreat

And in light of this news, I take back anything negative I've said about this wave. Between the Darktrooper "battlepack" and Boba's Palace, this wave is already miles ahead of this year's first wave :laugh: And we still don't know everything!

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Dark troopers in a 30EUR set... I wonder if it'll be based on Tython seeing as we've already had the cruiser.

Equally, I guess this puts paid to the Republic tank rumour, as this takes up the price point I assume it would've had. Oh well.

I thought there were 2 $30 sets?

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

They didn't even call the 501st BP a battlepack. Between the two battle I mean, "accessory" packs, the snowtrooper UCS battle pack, and the possibility of a $30 tank with 3 clones and a jedi, I'd say our battle pack type sets are doing fine this year.

2 hours ago, Pedilego said:

TLG should bring back alternate builds for "Battle Packs".

For example, this set could have a primary build of the hallway, but there'd be alternate instructions for the "space bridge", storage room, and elevator so if you bought multiples you could assemble them together (e.g. the 3-in-1 Creator Castle).

If you buy me three copies, I'll be glad to make alternate builds for each! :laugh:

But actually I might get this and if I do I'll post alts.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And in light of this news, I take back anything negative I've said about this wave. Between the Darktrooper "battlepack" and Boba's Palace, this wave is already miles ahead of this year's first wave :laugh: And we still don't know everything!

Agreed, this is actually shaping up to be a half-decent wave. I'm hoping that having a more diverse range of eras represented in every wave is the norm going forward, aside from the ones that are made specifically for new movies. 

Wow, a 30€ set with Luke Skywalker and Dark Troopers? Now that's something fresh and interesting. Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

Wonder how Battle Packs are going to work tho - we are ready getting a 20€ Hoth Battle Pack, now the 30€ Dark Trooper Battle Pack, and we're also getting 2 Accessory Sets which also, presumably, will be Battle-Pack-esque type of sets.

13 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Agreed. Luke's inclusion already makes sure it can't be called a battlepack.
And 30 dollars or euros or whatnot would be a bit steep for an actual BP, I think.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, a 30€ set with Luke Skywalker and Dark Troopers? Now that's something fresh and interesting. Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

May I ask what you don't like that scene?
Or did I not notice any possible sarcasm? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I thought there were 2 $30 sets?

They didn't even call the 501st BP a battlepack. Between the two battle I mean, "accessory" packs, the snowtrooper UCS battle pack, and the possibility of a $30 tank with 3 clones and a jedi, I'd say our battle pack type sets are doing fine this year.

I thought it was one 30EUR and one 60EUR set we were missing, but I could be (and would love to be) wrong.

At this stage any sub-40EUR set with massable troops seems to get described as a battle pack. 501st wasn't a BP, this one likely won't be either. The darktroopers aren't as widespread as clones or stormtroopers anyway, so amassing the amount seen in the show would probably only take four or five of these sets.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

You‘re the first person I‘ve seen who didn‘t like the hallway scene :head_back: Any particular reason? 

18 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The darktroopers aren't as widespread as clones or stormtroopers anyway […]

Agreed, shouldn‘t be too hard to get enough of them to recreate the scenes in S2 (doubt they‘ll show up again anytime soon). Besides, their price on BL should drop rather drastically after the new set gets released :classic:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re the first person I‘ve seen who didn‘t like the hallway scene :head_back: Any particular reason? 

Haven't watched any of the Mandalorian yet (so maybe I am rambling on incoherently over a scene I have interpreted as incorrect), but the reason I am not too keen on the idea is that it ties into the Skywalker family again, one of Rogue One's main criticisms from film critics was that it couldn't resist including Leia, when it really was a) creepy and b) wasn't necessary. The same would apply to the hallway scene, when the galaxy is trying to be expanded, why bring it back to the same family once again? Relatively minor characters like Boba Fett are great as they provide consistency and give them more attention, but including such a major, and to that point, irrelevant, character feels forced and unnecessary.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

May I ask what you don't like that scene?
Or did I not notice any possible sarcasm? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It undermines the whole ending in the worst possible way.

After Gideon was captured we saw how he started trying to get Bo Katan fight Mando to become the ruler of Mandalore. We would've seen that maybe he's not an amazing physical fighter, but a mental one. Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

The CGI is laughably bad. I can't get that horrific face out of my head.

Then he just takes Grogu and leaves. Terrible.

I'm very happy about about the Dark Trooper bp! I think we all expected it would happen but it's great to get some sort of confirmation. This now makes 3 sets I'm excited for in this wave, this, the Republic Fighter Tank(assuming that rumor is real) and Boba Fett's Palace. 

Also as an aside, I loved the hallway scene at the end of Mando. It made total sense for the Dark Troopers to come back and seeing Luke was not only a great payoff for the beacon set on Tython, it was amazing to see Luke in his prime again, it damn near brought me to tears. It was like an apology for how the ST treated him and gave us a little of the Legends Luke we all wanted to see.

Edited by ToaDraco