MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

@Brickroll You have a point, except none of those sets required a new mould for the clone characters. If Lego do decide to tackle Cody, I’m sure they’ll introduce a new mould for it. Of course, they could just go the lazy route as per 2013 Rex and this year’s Crosshair and pretend standard helmets without attachments are passable, but Cody’s helmet is too distinct for them to do that I think.

The helmet made for Boushh Leia is an excellent example of what they've been able to do with a single mould and some paint, IMO a similar approach would be fine and possible for Cody.

Question does anybody think the $800 UCS will be reason enough for TLG to separate X-Wing and Snowspeeder Pilot outfits again? If Luke is included I'd love him to have the printed arms like Zev and Will, But since 2019 Lego has done away with differentiating these outfits. I'm getting pumped up for this set now and while there aren't any "exciting" minifigs I could imagine  being included (unless they go Vader Hologram piece) I'm simply interested to see what they decide to include. I can think of scenarios from 2 - 5 figs that aren't generic snowtroopers, and then of course there could be anywhere from 0 - 8 of those. If snowtroopers are included I'm not too hung up on whether or not these guys get there skirts back, but I do want the backpacks. In my display of all my Star Wars figs the snowtroopers are currently the new torso with the old backpacks.

6 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head with "why pick a vehicle that is on the fringes of canon at best". That's just something Lego would do cause they're lego. If it were to happen then I think it would have to be more expensive than $30 and it would end up being 75325, the set without a price tag, and I'd price it at $40-$50. There's no way they would sell 3 clones and Mace for $30 cause they like to be stingy with clone figs and these clones would be flying off shelves. 

It's becuase there aren't many GAR vehicles that work at that price point.

I most certainly hope the rumours of a Clone Fighter Tank set in 2022 are correct, as having two would make great additions to my Clone Army! :classic:

It's interesting to see that other than the 4+ X-wing back in January, there's been no suggestion of any Sequel Trilogy sets this year at all. Like the lack of Sequel content in the lineup of Disney+ shows announced last year, I have to think that that's a statement on Disney and LEGO's assessment of people's level of interest in the Sequel era generally.

22 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It's interesting to see that other than the 4+ X-wing back in January, there's been no suggestion of any Sequel Trilogy sets this year at all. Like the lack of Sequel content in the lineup of Disney+ shows announced last year, I have to think that that's a statement on Disney and LEGO's assessment of people's level of interest in the Sequel era generally.

I kind of doubt it. We only got a few sets in (I think) 2007 for the PT, the usually just like to give time to breathe. It also could be that there is such a crazy amount of new content that last year wanted to focus on things that hadn’t been before.

31 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The rumoured Death Star Fight Scene set could well be from TROS, but Disney's moved on so Lego will probably just throw in a token set here and there like with PT stuff.

50 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I kind of doubt it. We only got a few sets in (I think) 2007 for the PT, the usually just like to give time to breathe. It also could be that there is such a crazy amount of new content that last year wanted to focus on things that hadn’t been before.

In 2006, the only PT sets were a re-release of the Clone Turbo Tank without the light-up minifigure, and the V-Wing Fighter. First wave 2007 had the two battle packs and Grievous' fighter, and then the second wave of 2007 was pretty much entirely Prequels. And then the Clone Wars came out, so there was new content for Lego to focus on

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm not a huge fan of the sequels but it's kind of a shame, considering there is a ton of potential for stories to be told in that time period. Moreover, there are still a ton of potential sets we never got from the trilogy. I don't even like TRoS, but I'd totally buy a set of the fight with Palpatine just because it would probably look really cool. 

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

As others have mentioned, same thing happened with the prequels. It's not so much that it's a "statement" on the sequels (kids 6-12 generally don't have strong opinions on the quality of certain segments of media from what I've seen, at least from personal experience they love bb-8, kylo, and the first order just as much as clones, stormtroopers, and jedi). It's moreso that they spent 6 years saturating the market with sequel releases and now they're letting it breath, just like they did with the prequels.

Is it possible the 187th are being included in the set (if true) because they make their appearance in The Bad Batch?

Now that I’ve said it, it seems unlikely, especially since they’re including Mace Windu.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

16 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The rumoured Death Star Fight Scene set could well be from TROS, but Disney's moved on so Lego will probably just throw in a token set here and there like with PT stuff.

That would be so exciting! A duel-style set with Rey, dark Rey and Kylo (with stab wound?) would be a set I’d actually go out and buy 

17 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

aren’t there still loads of TROS sets still on shelves? Surely that’s a more likely reason for the lack of new ST sets 

31 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Surely that’s a more likely reason for the lack of new ST sets 

Another reason is that the ST has been covered VERY well, especially when compared to the early days of OT and especially PT sets, which took years to get to a similar point (and one could argue the PT hasn‘t reached that point yet with the amount of stuff still missing). I mean, it took them 13 years to finally release a Queen Amidala minifig! :laugh:

Of course it‘s not really fair to compare sets released between 2015 and 2020 to ones released in the early 2000‘s due to the massive increase in budget and new moulding techniques, but still :tongue:

There‘s still some stuff from the ST I would like to see in set form, but I‘m ok with it taking a backseat to Mando, TCW, BB, and all the upcoming shows of course

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

New rumor from a trusted source ( LEGO_Fulcrum) a dark trooper battle pack for 20$. 
I personally don't like them in the mandalorian so i don't really care about the figures, but i know lot of people will be excited cause they wanted multiple of them and the prices were insane on bricklink.

Dark troopers in a 30EUR set... I wonder if it'll be based on Tython seeing as we've already had the cruiser.

Equally, I guess this puts paid to the Republic tank rumour, as this takes up the price point I assume it would've had. Oh well.

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

Dark troopers in a 30EUR set... I wonder if it'll be based on Tython seeing as we've already had the cruiser.

Equally, I guess this puts paid to the Republic tank rumour, as this takes up the price point I assume it would've had. Oh well.

No the tank has said to be bigger than the last one which was $30, so the $60 slot could still be open. Even though it’ll probably be overpriced at that point, but knowing it has a decent amount of clones in it that would be a shock.

13 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

No the tank has said to be bigger than the last one which was $30, so the $60 slot could still be open. Even though it’ll probably be overpriced at that point, but knowing it has a decent amount of clones in it that would be a shock.

Aha, I thought it was 20EUR (or USD, same difference) - I must've been thinking of the UK price. That would make it more expensive than even the first one though, I wouldn't be so interested in that.

I see Luke is to be included in the dark trooper set as well... Never mind my Tython theory then :laugh:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

7 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

Hopefully the Luke comes with an alternate Plo Koon head.

I doubt TLG designers watch the gallery episodes on the Mandalorian but yah that'd be cool. 

I guess this might not be a BP but since Fulcrum called it that I'm gonna say that it's a dumb decision to include Luke in a BP. BP's are for army building and so if I want to build out a squad of 30 dark troopers then I'd need to buy 10 and I'd end up with 10 Luke's I don't want. If the set isn't a BP then this isn't an issue but if it is like the 501st BP then this is another way Lego is squeezing every last dollar out of the stuff fans actually want. (which they have every right to do it just pisses me off)

Dark Trooper battlepack, yaaayy!! :excited:
I really hope this rumor turns out to be true.
If so, what are the odds the minifigs will be updated already? 
Slim right? 'Cause the first version appeared only shortly ago. And, frankly, I hope they're exactly the same as the one from Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser.

About this Republic Tank that people have mentioned, would that be Saber Class hover tank, or another?

Regards,
Mitch

So this battlepack isn’t really a bp, but rather set based on that scene of Luke fighting Darktroopers on Gideon’s ship. Ok, I’m fine with this as long as they don’t call this set a bp.

Finally a confirmation of this set! I must say I'm really excited about Luke being in this set since I was planning on bricklinking him with the cape, hood and everything. As for the build I can see 2 possibilities. One where they include the elevator (Similar to Snoke's throne room) with a bit of hallway leading up to the door. Or the opposite half with the door and a part of the bridge itself. But I guess we'll see the first part since that's where the action took place.

31 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I guess this might not be a BP but since Fulcrum called it that I'm gonna say that it's a dumb decision to include Luke in a BP. BP's are for army building and so if I want to build out a squad of 30 dark troopers then I'd need to buy 10 and I'd end up with 10 Luke's I don't want. If the set isn't a BP then this isn't an issue but if it is like the 501st BP then this is another way Lego is squeezing every last dollar out of the stuff fans actually want. (which they have every right to do it just pisses me off)

It’ll probably be a “battle pack” the same way that the AAT or Imperial Marauder are Battle Packs. They’re more expensive and come with a named character each, but are otherwise very massable. Though this one most likely won’t have a vehicle build, so that makes it even less of a Battle Pack.

45 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

Hopefully the Luke comes with an alternate Plo Koon head.

That’s a deep cut.

I’m excited for this. I imagine the build would have to be that elevator and hallway that Luke fought the Dark Troopers in, so buying multiples might be a good way to get a bunch of parts to do a MOC of this scene. Hopefully the Luke figure is a little updated and not just ROTJ Luke again.

3 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Finally a confirmation of this set! I must say I'm really excited about Luke being in this set since I was planning on bricklinking him with the cape, hood and everything. As for the build I can see 2 possibilities. One where they include the elevator (Similar to Snoke's throne room) with a bit of hallway leading up to the door. Or the opposite half with the door and a part of the bridge itself. But I guess we'll see the first part since that's where the action took place.

TLG should bring back alternate builds for "Battle Packs".

For example, this set could have a primary build of the hallway, but there'd be alternate instructions for the "space bridge", storage room, and elevator so if you bought multiples you could assemble them together (e.g. the 3-in-1 Creator Castle).