MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If the Republic tank rumour is true, I will be very happy. I hope the colour Medium Lilac is used for the purple printing. I imagine something like this:

the_187th_by_axemeagain-d7yvqo6.jpg&f=1&

This would be best case scenario for me (since purple is my favourite colour and Phase 2 and Airborne Helmets are my first and second favourite Clone Wars Helmets repectively).

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I would be overjoyed if LEGO made the 187th Legion, but that doesn't seem very plausible to me. The 187th isn't just not canon, it's never appeared anywhere in Star Wars; it was created by Hasbro for a figure pack in 2006 and has never been used by anyone but them.

The oldest images of a Phase 2 Gunner I’ve seen are also from action figures & they included that in the last Republic Fighter Tank.

Also, a Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary-type book appropriately had that tank as a Legends set. Perhaps this is TLG’s ‘vehicle’ for including non-cannon stuff.

I’m hoping its the 187th as it’s way less likely to happen if it’s not now—since I’d eventually like to see both variants of Windu’s troopers. Sounds like a buy, either way… if it’s real.

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Mace is a boring choice and has been in a few sets in past 3-4 years

2. He’s been in 2 sets. The combat speeder and the UCS gunship. Hardly a boring choice when they could just as easily give us Anakin, Obi-Wan or farm boy Luke. 

9 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I would be overjoyed if LEGO made the 187th Legion, but that doesn't seem very plausible to me. The 187th isn't just not canon, it's never appeared anywhere in Star Wars; it was created by Hasbro for a figure pack in 2006 and has never been used by anyone but them. More importantly, the Bad Batch arc in Season 7 of TCW showed Mace leading a currently unnamed unit, which has presumably replaced the 187th in current canon. If the rumor is correct at all, it's much more likely that the clones would be the ones from TCW. The color is similar enough to the 187th that somebody could have misidentified them.

I'm could've sworn they were in BF 2005, but apparently that was a mod as they aren't in it according to wookiepedia. That said, we got airbourne geonosis troopers, a p2 gunner, and.... a vehicle based on a prototype action figure vehicle. The 187th is definately possible, but it's also certainly possible it was a mistake. Personally, I'd prefer some canon clones, but I suppose we'll see.

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

2. He’s been in 2 sets. The combat speeder and the UCS gunship. Hardly a boring choice when they could just as easily give us Anakin, Obi-Wan or farm boy Luke. 

As someone who's mace is currently the TCW mace with the generic reddish brown head they used for the FO officer in the 2016 battle pack, I can second the fact that he's not exactly readily available. The combat speeder was almost 3 years ago (and also a horrible, overpriced set), and the UCS gunship is not something you would buy because you wanted a mace windu.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

If the rumour is true, in addition to the Clone Troopers being from TCW s7, I will buy so many of this set!! 

I have been banging on about these Clone Troopers in the future Star Wars thread since the Annaxes arc, so I’d be thrilled. 

Fingers crossed over here. 

I'm a little late to the party and am glad the discussion has moved on to true rumors. But for the record, we don't know for sure what Lego's agreement is with Disney and/or Hasbro for CMFs. Let's pause that speculation for now. Also, please be careful not to devolve into wishlists about future CMFs or minifgure lineups. We have a dedicated thread for that.

51 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I have been banging on about these Clone Troopers in the future Star Wars thread since the Annaxes arc, so I’d be thrilled.

I remember this, it's not a battle pack but at least it's got a good amount of troopers! The only thing that makes me think it really is the 187th is that supposedly it's got an airborune, but given that both the 7

th sky corps and Mace's legion were on Anaxes...

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be clear, there are still some sets on the rumoured list that don't have rumoured names attached, including a $30 one, so there still could be more than one BoBF set.

However, given there's a known $100 one, that does lower the likelihood that all the cool desirable characters would come in another set too. LEGO wouldn't put Boba and Fennec in two sets, so a $30 alongside the $100 one would most likely have Boba and some other characters.

We'll just have to wait and see. 

I'm hoping that there is....Boba's one of my favorites but I'm running out of shelf space...

Aren't the Hoth Scout troopers an only toy design from Hasbro? And they are confirmed to be in the next battlepack, so I assume the 187th troopers are on the table as well. I like the purple design for them. A good set I didn't expect it.

I like this approach of releasing sets which "combine" with the UCS Gunship and AT-AT. Given there is still no snowspeeder (it may be in the final set), do you think there might be an snowspeeder in the UCS AT-AT set? It would use only an small part of the piece count. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The only thing that makes me think it really is the 187th is that supposedly it's got an airborune

This is what I was thinking, as well: The 187th Commander wears Airborne Trooper armour (Source). If this and the 212th accessory pack rumours are true, LEGO could be setting an interesting precedent with regard to Republic forces, as both sets would include a unit commander, two of their standard Clones, and an additional character. I can see immense potential in such a format! 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Pretty sure it’s fake everyone. 

Why? 🤔

It does seem a bit weird for Lego to make a fighter tank model out of the blue with legends exclusive Clones. For the 2017 set, there at least was BF2 coming out which was planned to have it (although, it was moved to a dlc update years later). It really sounds like the most wish listed set idea in a while, however stranger things have been randomly released (Sandspeeder, the Azure Angel). 

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Aren't the Hoth Scout troopers an only toy design from Hasbro? And they are confirmed to be in the next battlepack, so I assume the 187th troopers are on the table as well. I like the purple design for them. A good set I didn't expect it.

Nah, they were actually featured in the old incredible cross sections book on the OT for the AT-AT page. That's where hasbro got the idea from and now LEGO is following suit. 

Excited about the prospect for the 187th as well, as this may mean we might be getting some more variants down the line. I hope to see modern revamps of all the OG 2005 clones at some point. 

46 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This is what I was thinking, as well: The 187th Commander wears Airborne Trooper armour (Source). If this and the 212th accessory pack rumours are true, LEGO could be setting an interesting precedent with regard to Republic forces, as both sets would include a unit commander, two of their standard Clones, and an additional character. I can see immense potential in such a format! 

Where did you hear 212th accesory pack rumors? Great if true, though.
Aside from being a great set, it'd be absolutely hilarious if all these people spent all this time complaining lego doesn't care about prequels only to get two sets of 2 requested legions with troops and a commander in a single wave! :laugh:

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Pretty sure it’s fake everyone. 

Why?

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Where did you hear 212th accesory pack rumors? Great if true, though.

Here (Bold text mine): 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, roboticserpent said:

I'm going to float this idea out cautiously, but do you think since MandR knows at least the list of the winter wave, there is a possibility his 'ideas' for the accessory packs are what we're actually getting? 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, roboticserpent said:

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Aside from being a great set, it'd be absolutely hilarious if all these people spent all this time complaining lego doesn't care about prequels only to get two sets of 2 requested legions with troops and a commander in a single wave! :laugh:

Three, actually, if the Howzer pack is also real! 

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As someone who's mace is currently the TCW mace with the generic reddish brown head they used for the FO officer in the 2016 battle pack.

My Mace is the exact same :laugh: the TCW Mace was from a magnet set from LEGOLAND.

Another point on the Mace front, is that purple is also rarer colour of lightsaber to get.

I'm gonna believe in the tank rumour for now, it seems random enough to make sense for lego. If it turns out to true, great I like those tanks (I remember really wanting the cw one, when I was a kid,) and the figs sound good, if it turns out false, so what, it'll be a shame, But I don't care that much, and hey I'll have 'saved' the money I would've spent on it.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I don’t buy the fighter tank rumours, but the 187th honestly doesn’t seem that far fetched for lego to put into a set. We got the sandspeeder as a set, as well as the geonosis phase II clones and the hoth scout that we’re apparently getting in the battle pack 

I just find it to be overall too good to be true and the 2022 wave has been overwhelmingly OT based. I’d love to be wrong because this set sounds great but I’m just not holding my breath

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Here (Bold text mine): 

Three, actually, if the Howzer pack is also real! 

Ahh, ok. I suppose it's possible then, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, as much as I want everyone's favorite based clone.

(And the 212th is better than the 501st...fight me!)

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

My Mace is the exact same :laugh: the TCW Mace was from a magnet set form LEGOLAND.

Dude, no way, that's how I got mine! I remember being extremely disappointed as a kid, because I got a ninjago pack and they all ended up being glued together.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(And the 212th is better than the 501st...fight me!)

+1!

The thing that strikes me as odd about the tank is that it's so out of place for a single set in a run. If we were to get one TCW-era set in a wave, why pick a vehicle that is on the fringes of canon at best? It doesn't really tie in with the Gunship since they're from different points in the timeline (and it would be weird to have Mace in both sets), and the last relevant media was Battlefront II, which came out four years ago. Equally, unless the AAT has an usually long shelf life there won't be any separatist forces to oppose it, unless they throw some droids in as they did with the last one.

I guess it fits the price point (assuming it's the 30EUR set) well for a GAR vehicle that isn't an AT-RT, and in that sense I could see it being the successor to the 501st pack. It does feel very wishlisty, but those normally get found out pretty quickly, and it seems quite persistent.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

To be frank, I don‘t buy any of these most recent „rumours“. I mean, Cody in an accessory pack? Come on, we all know his P2 helmet requires a new mould, so let‘s drop the pretense :tongue: The rest doesn‘t sound particularly realistic either

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The thing that strikes me as odd about the tank is that it's so out of place for a single set in a run. If we were to get one TCW-era set in a wave, why pick a vehicle that is on the fringes of canon at best? It doesn't really tie in with the Gunship since they're from different points in the timeline (and it would be weird to have Mace in both sets), and the last relevant media was Battlefront II, which came out four years ago. Equally, unless the AAT has an usually long shelf life there won't be any separatist forces to oppose it, unless they throw some droids in as they did with the last one.

I guess it fits the price point (assuming it's the 30EUR set) well for a GAR vehicle that isn't an AT-RT, and in that sense I could see it being the successor to the 501st pack. It does feel very wishlisty, but those normally get found out pretty quickly, and it seems quite persistent.

I think you hit the nail on the head with "why pick a vehicle that is on the fringes of canon at best". That's just something Lego would do cause they're lego. If it were to happen then I think it would have to be more expensive than $30 and it would end up being 75325, the set without a price tag, and I'd price it at $40-$50. There's no way they would sell 3 clones and Mace for $30 cause they like to be stingy with clone figs and these clones would be flying off shelves. 

Edited by kidtheboss611

P2 Cody in a 15$ minifigure pack just seems unrealistic from every view point. If Lego ever makes him, he's going in a 100+$ set like an AT-TE or Gunship. Lego rarely puts named Clones in cheap sets, let alone one as demanded as him. 

27 minutes ago, Gontron said:

P2 Cody in a 15$ minifigure pack just seems unrealistic from every view point. If Lego ever makes him, he's going in a 100+$ set like an AT-TE or Gunship. Lego rarely puts named Clones in cheap sets, let alone one as demanded as him. 

In recent years, no, but barc speeder and sidecar, battle for geonosis, geonosian cannon, geonosian starfighter, and battle on salucemi we’re pretty cheap, right?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

To be frank, I don‘t buy any of these most recent „rumours“. I mean, Cody in an accessory pack? Come on, we all know his P2 helmet requires a new mould, so let‘s drop the pretense :tongue: The rest doesn‘t sound particularly realistic either

Exactly :laugh: We all know the day Cody makes his debut, Lego will want him to be in the priciest set they can get away with. I’m sure he’ll be the straw that breaks the camel’s back regarding Lego’s reluctance to revisit the P2 helmet mould with accessories. 

Interesting rumour about the Republic Fighter Tank. Whilst I can’t deny a set like this sounds appealing, I’m bemused at the prospect of Lego opting for something like this and not something from canon media. 

@Brickroll You have a point, except none of those sets required a new mould for the clone characters. If Lego do decide to tackle Cody, I’m sure they’ll introduce a new mould for it. Of course, they could just go the lazy route as per 2013 Rex and this year’s Crosshair and pretend standard helmets without attachments are passable, but Cody’s helmet is too distinct for them to do that I think.

Edited by T21Typhoon