MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

$100  Boba Fett's palace? Sign me up! I can't wait to see what all(and who all) it includes. Rumors suggest  Boba might get another update to his armor so we'll likely get a new Boba figure... who am I kidding, it'll be the exact same one and of course Fennec Shand, hopefully she'll get a hair piece as well as her helmet. It's hard to speculate about anything else until we get a trailer which sadly won't likely be until November at the Disney+ event.

Edited by ToaDraco

So looks like we’re getting a new republic fighter tank, with Mace, two 187th Troopers, and an Airborne trooper. Rumor from the same guy who leaked Bobas palace originally.

11 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

So looks like we’re getting a new republic fighter tank, with Mace, two 187th Troopers, and an Airborne trooper. Rumor from the same guy who leaked Bobas palace originally.

Finally 1 set to be excited for.

If true its nice to be getting something from the prequel era next year although a little disappointed its more of an EU set and not based on the films themselves (especially AOTC).

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

I have a feeling that these Minifigure Accessory Sets are just going to include named characters or at least less massable characters. Like instead of getting battle packs like the ones with the Bounty Hunters or Ki-Adi Mundi and Barriss Offee; we’ll get accessory sets for things like that. Now that they’re bringing back battle packs after such a hiatus, I don’t think they want these Minifigure Accessory Sets competing with them, even if they are Lego Store Exclusives.

Um, I think the battle packs are coming back AS the minifigure packs. Everything about the snowtrooper pack (increased price, subject matter, display stand) when taken together strongly indicates it's a special case and meant as a UCS add-on pack. The $15 blister packs for other themes pretty much just ARE battle packs for other themes, with the main difference being that the composition is usually 2-3 army-builders and 1-2 named characters. But consider the themes (ninjago, superheroes, harry potter): they usually lack armies for the good guys, at least ones of any iconicity. And even then, we do get "battle packs" of entirely unnamed characters (Oni ninjago pack, GCPD pack, probably more I'm forgetting). I'm pretty sure the SW ones are just going to be battle packs packaged differently.

1 hour ago, FoggyFate said:

Interesting, as the set (and the 187th airbourne) are from battlefront 2005, and AFAIK only the tank is canon (battlefront 2017). 

Depending on the price I might get it, I already have a nice MOC I made of the tc-130, but if the figures are good and it's cheap maybe I'll get it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

If I’m following correctly, the tank fills one of the final two mystery slots—priced at $30 USD and Unknown.

It’s conceivable this takes that $30 slot, though, I could see them upsizing it & charing as much as double that:

- The previous tank was $25 for 305 pieces and 2 figures (including a special headpiece) + 2 droids.

- The 501st “battle pack” was $30 for 285 pieces and 4 figures + 2 droids.

Either way, I’m interested to eventually see this + the rest of the non-helmet/microfighter sets.

Edited by Pedilego

2 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Pls no, I hope its not the 187th troopers as they aren't canon and are pretty underground. Why does lego sometimes make random clone legions like the Phase 2 Geonosis and 187th battalion? 

Ah well, hopefully its just a mistake and that its actually just the 91st Recon Corps seen in TCW S7 with Windu on Annaxes.

3 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Hmmm, this wave might not be so bad after all, especially if the Yodas training is as promising as rom purée and the accessory pack is nicely done

A fine addition to my TX-130 collection. Weird they're doing 187th legion, maybe they're the unnamed legion from the S7 episodes? 

Where did you get this info cause none of the popular Instagram leakers have posted about it and falcon said he's not sure if it's legit on his story. 

If it is true then it's one set I will definitely be buying no matter the price cause the rest of the wave is looking like a pass. Having 187th troopers included is the one thing that makes this rumor so sus but hopefully it's true and we get some quality prequel content. 

5 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Where did you get this info cause none of the popular Instagram leakers have posted about it and falcon said he's not sure if it's legit on his story. 

If it is true then it's one set I will definitely be buying no matter the price cause the rest of the wave is looking like a pass. Having 187th troopers included is the one thing that makes this rumor so sus but hopefully it's true and we get some quality prequel content. 

The info is from geekbricks, same leaker which originally leaked    Jabbas (now Boba’s) palace. After talking to him he said he’s 99% sure the set is coming, but that the figures could be incorrect or changed. Also it could be a store exclusive explain why falcon has his doubts. Again though it is just a rumor so could be false.

Edited by FoggyFate

11 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

The info is from geekbricks, same leaker which originally leaked    Jabbas (now Boba’s) palace. After talking to him he said he’s 99% sure the set is coming, but that the figures could be incorrect or changed. Also it could be a store exclusive explain why falcon has his doubts. Again though it is just a rumor so could be false.

Well, here's to hoping it's true.:moar:

I would be overjoyed if LEGO made the 187th Legion, but that doesn't seem very plausible to me. The 187th isn't just not canon, it's never appeared anywhere in Star Wars; it was created by Hasbro for a figure pack in 2006 and has never been used by anyone but them. More importantly, the Bad Batch arc in Season 7 of TCW showed Mace leading a currently unnamed unit, which has presumably replaced the 187th in current canon. If the rumor is correct at all, it's much more likely that the clones would be the ones from TCW. The color is similar enough to the 187th that somebody could have misidentified them.

1 hour ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Why does lego sometimes make random clone legions like the Phase 2 Geonosis and 187th battalion?

They do it because people like me want them. They've already made figures of the 91st Recon Corps; surely something new is better than a repeat? That said, the Geonosis troopers are a bad example of anything because LEGO pulled them out of thin air, so you're right that nobody was asking for those.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

If the  fighter tank is actually real then I'm extremely excited. Regardless of the vehicle's origin, it's always looked cool and I've liked all the versions of it. I'm a fan of mace windu and would be even more excited if the clones are the corresponding ones from his unit in TCW S7.

I might be in the minority but I actually like the phase 2 geonosis clones even if they are made up. Yea, lego should have made a battlepack with the plain white phase 2, but the geonosis ones  still look cool

6 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Is.... Is this real life? Is this a dream? Actual 187th troopers?! I don't think I've ever been so excited for a rumor.

After the sandspeeder anything is possible. I hope this one pans out, it could be the best set in a while if true. I’d be taking no chances on it this time, I’d buy the max allowed from s@h day one since Australia is still waiting on 501st battle packs and the AAT. 

If Republic tank rumor is true I’m happy, finally a winter set not based on Ot! As for minifigs, Mace is a boring choice and has been in a few sets in past 3-4 years. As for clones, I doubt LEGO will make 187, but rather Maces troops from CW season 7.

The same reaction as many - hopeful scepticism. The tank with Aayla in it is one of my favourite LSW sets ever so I hope it could live up to that. It is an odd choice with the current wealth of more canon vehicles out there though.

Since it's supposedly the 'Jabba's palace' leaker, and that set ended up being Boba's palace, it's conceivable that the 187th is there either as a mistake or as a red herring. Did Mace even have a clone legion in TCW (or other canon material)?

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

5 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The same reaction as many - hopeful scepticism. The tank with Aayla in it is one of my favourite LSW sets ever so I hope it could live up to that. It is an odd choice with the current wealth of more canon vehicles out there though.

Since it's supposedly the 'Jabba's palace' leaker, and that set ended up being Boba's palace, it's conceivable that the 187th is there either as a mistake or as a red herring. Did Mace even have a clone legion in TCW (or other canon material)?

He did, but they are unnamed, a link was shared on the last page. I agree it is a strange vehicle, if I am correct it never appeared in mainstream canon and has had three sets now.

If republic tank rumor is true, then i think there are gonna be 1phase clones instead of 187 ( becouse of 20 anniversary of  Attack of the Clones) also it could be a good support for Gunship (  as the battle of Hoth sets support AT-AT )

Edited by Duke27

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I would be overjoyed if LEGO made the 187th Legion, but that doesn't seem very plausible to me. The 187th isn't just not canon, it's never appeared anywhere in Star Wars; it was created by Hasbro for a figure pack in 2006 and has never been used by anyone but them. More importantly, the Bad Batch arc in Season 7 of TCW showed Mace leading a currently unnamed unit, which has presumably replaced the 187th in current canon. If the rumor is correct at all, it's much more likely that the clones would be the ones from TCW. The color is similar enough to the 187th that somebody could have misidentified them.

They do it because people like me want them. They've already made figures of the 91st Recon Corps; surely something new is better than a repeat? That said, the Geonosis troopers are a bad example of anything because LEGO pulled them out of thin air, so you're right that nobody was asking for those.

The 187th battalion seen in Season 7 is the 91st Recon Corps I'm pretty sure. In canon Mace Windu doesn't have his own legion, he just commands part of the 91st. 

On 9/24/2021 at 11:34 AM, Frizzlefry25 said:

I agree with this. Was hoping to pick up a new Fett. Don't want to pay $60 for a slave I when I have the UCS, and don't want to spend $100 on a palace I don't want! lol. I was also hoping for a small $30 range set to grab Fett!

On 9/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, same.

It kinda sucks that the only set for a new series that we're excited for is a 100€ palace... not very one wants to buy a huge playset just to get a representation of this series.

I hope they make more sets based on this series down the line.

To be clear, there are still some sets on the rumoured list that don't have rumoured names attached, including a $30 one, so there still could be more than one BoBF set.

However, given there's a known $100 one, that does lower the likelihood that all the cool desirable characters would come in another set too. LEGO wouldn't put Boba and Fennec in two sets, so a $30 alongside the $100 one would most likely have Boba and some other characters.

We'll just have to wait and see. 

The Republic Tank rumor is very exciting, especially for the figures! The previous tank was excellent, I wonder how they're going to improve it. 

Edited by ToaDraco