MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speak for yourself […]

Um, I did say „personally“ though :tongue:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Keep in mind the minifig packs which honestly might just be BP replacements.

Not in the traditional sense, as those will most likely include named characters primarily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'd imagine the A-Wing will retire soon-ish

Isn’t the A-Wing set to retire this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speak for yourself, I've wanted ranking rebels for forever. Still hoping for a home one cruiser sometime, partially so we can get mothma and/or madine.

Keep in mind that Mando only had 2-3 sets origionally planned, one of which being a battle pack that, given the colors, honestly seemed closer to TCW or Rebels, and that Bad Batch, while a good set, is nowhere NEAR as popular as mando. They'll wait to put stuff out until they can ride season 2 hype.

1. I too want a Home One. It would be one of two OT vehicles that I desperately want. 

2. I hope you're right about BB but given the squad (and the ship) has been around since CW-7 we'd get something new that actually showed up in the show. 

50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Isn’t the A-Wing set to retire this year?

Ya, along with nearly the entire ROS line except for the Falcon. This leads me to believe that there won't be a downscaled falcon until at least 2023 cause there needs to be at least one on shelves. (not counting UCS cause that's $800)

Visions semi spoilers below:

Spoiler

I really liked Visions but it didn't really feel Star Warsy. However, it would make for some cool sets though we'd doubt we get any. I also think a CMF series for the main characters in each episode would be absolutely perfect cause the characters are so different and cool, specifically the band.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a set list on #legoleaks that is just a summary of all the information, but there's just one difference - the two 60€ sets (75327 and 75328) are named Luke Skywalker's Helmet and The Mandalorian's Helmet.

We know those 2 sets are obviously helmets, but does anyone know how reliable the set numbers for those sets are?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not in the traditional sense, as those will most likely include named characters primarily

Not necessarily. There have been DC and Harry Potter packs consisting primarily of unnamed characters, and many ninjago and marvel ones are 50/50 between named charcters and army-builders. Considering those themes are a lot more focused on the main heroes as opposed to armies, I think there's a good chance that these are the "Triumphant return" to battle packs.

5 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

1. I too want a Home One. It would be one of two OT vehicles that I desperately want. 

2. I hope you're right about BB but given the squad (and the ship) has been around since CW-7 we'd get something new that actually showed up in the show. 

1. Yeah, it's the major rebel capital ship, I really hope we get one in the next couple years

2. Technically speaking, we got the speeders and imperial crosshair :tongue:. (I get what you mean, but if they were gonna do one set I think they'd have to do the shuttle, and aside from the bounty hunter ships pretty much every other vehicle appeared in TCW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a set list on #legoleaks that is just a summary of all the information, but there's just one difference - the two 60€ sets (75327 and 75328) are named Luke Skywalker's Helmet and The Mandalorian's Helmet.

We know those 2 sets are obviously helmets, but does anyone know how reliable the set numbers for those sets are?

They came from the same website that the Yoda's Training and Death Star Battle Scene info came from, Brickmerge.de.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

They came from the same website that the Yoda's Training and Death Star Battle Scene info came from, Brickmerge.de.

Great to know then :excited:

And what about the Accessory Sets? Some rumours state that we're getting two of them, but the first rumour about it stated just one, or did it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great to know then :excited:

And what about the Accessory Sets? Some rumours state that we're getting two of them, but the first rumour about it stated just one, or did it?

They'll be two for Star Wars, one for the Infinity Saga :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

They'll be two for Star Wars, one for the Infinity Saga :classic:

OOOH, that's actually amazing news! And both of them release together in January?

If so, I expect one to be more on the Light Side, and the other on the Dark Side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone please clarify what an accessory set is and why it is exciting? are we talking a pack of blasters, binoculars, thermal detonators, lightsaber bits etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

OOOH, that's actually amazing news! And both of them release together in January?

If so, I expect one to be more on the Light Side, and the other on the Dark Side.

No idea when in 2022 these will release...

3 minutes ago, LDigital said:

can someone please clarify what an accessory set is and why it is exciting? are we talking a pack of blasters, binoculars, thermal detonators, lightsaber bits etc? 

They are the blister packs that are exclusive to Lego.com or Lego Stores. Usually 3-4 figures and some small side build. Usually a figure or two in them are exclusive as well. Unknown-1.jpeg.695466d2df1c167eb239a473e29c002a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that mean Hasbro's attitude has changed? It's been a while since I was super-active in the Star Wars theme, but last I remember the consensus was that Lego got in trouble when they released the figure sets back in 2000, and they had an agreement with Hasbro not to do just-figure sets.

I'm excited if this is the case. Hopefully some good minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Does that mean Hasbro's attitude has changed? It's been a while since I was super-active in the Star Wars theme, but last I remember the consensus was that Lego got in trouble when they released the figure sets back in 2000, and they had an agreement with Hasbro not to do just-figure sets.

I'm excited if this is the case. Hopefully some good minifigures.

Something definitely had changed. For example Disney had an agreement with Hasbro which resulted in Lego not being able to make a CMF, yet we just got one this year. Same may apply to Star Wars.

But to be fair Accessory Sets are not considered a part of this agreement - they are not separate mini figures, like CMF ones. They are just basically smaller Battle Packs.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Something definitely had changed. For example Disney had an agreement with Hasbro which resulted in Lego not being able to make a CMF, yet we just got one this year. Same may apply to Star Wars.

But to be fair Accessory Sets are not considered a part of this agreement - they are not separate mini figures, like CMF ones. They are just basically smaller Battle Packs.

As far as I seem to be able to locate the Hasbro license with Disney as it relates to Star Wars and Marvel was renewed in 2020.  It seems that Hasbro has the "master" license for these franchises.  Now in the terms of IP law, generally the master license gives Hasbro complete control of the particular product line.  This leads me to initially think that Lego has to license these franchises from Hasbro and not from Disney directly.  However, it more likely that Disney gave Hasbro the master license with a caveat that they had to license to Lego building toys (as this is a segment that Hasbro has no presence in), or the master license is limited only for the areas that Hasbro is in.  It all depends on the terms.  Now if the license says Hasbro get "action figures" that would be the reason that we haven't seen a CMF from the Star Wars theme, as a minifigure could be considered an action figure. But then that falls apart as we get figures in sets.  However sets are building toys and are labeled as that, but so are the CMF's.  I think that is the reason we were able to get the Marvel CMF.  Disney/Lego legal decided that an action figure was not a building toy and that a minifigure was a building toy.  after a convoluted analysis above.  What likely changed in the 2020 agreement with Hasbro was separating action figures from building toys, and now we can get CMF's and other products that were previously blocked by the Hasbro license.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MSY-MSP said:

 As far as I seem to be able to locate the Hasbro license with Disney as it relates to Star Wars and Marvel was renewed in 2020.  It seems that Hasbro has the "master" license for these franchises.  Now in the terms of IP law, generally the master license gives Hasbro complete control of the particular product line.  This leads me to initially think that Lego has to license these franchises from Hasbro and not from Disney directly.  However, it more likely that Disney gave Hasbro the master license with a caveat that they had to license to Lego building toys (as this is a segment that Hasbro has no presence in), or the master license is limited only for the areas that Hasbro is in.  It all depends on the terms.  Now if the license says Hasbro get "action figures" that would be the reason that we haven't seen a CMF from the Star Wars theme, as a minifigure could be considered an action figure. But then that falls apart as we get figures in sets.  However sets are building toys and are labeled as that, but so are the CMF's.  I think that is the reason we were able to get the Marvel CMF.  Disney/Lego legal decided that an action figure was not a building toy and that a minifigure was a building toy.  after a convoluted analysis above.  What likely changed in the 2020 agreement with Hasbro was separating action figures from building toys, and now we can get CMF's and other products that were previously blocked by the Hasbro license.      

I think I understand what you're saying but then why was Lego able to sell the Obi-Wan figure from 2019 last year. I'm not saying Lego is lying but they never actually said they couldn't make CMF's but people just theorized. 

IMO lego probably could always release CMF's but didn't see the point in selling a product for $5 that they could sell in a $30-$160 set and also no point in fighting with Hasbro. They have every right to sell whatever they want but the action figure theory just seems a little convoluted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I think I understand what you're saying but then why was Lego able to sell the Obi-Wan figure from 2019 last year. I'm not saying Lego is lying but they never actually said they couldn't make CMF's but people just theorized. 

From what I've heard, there had to be a build element to their product if they were going to sell it. Hence why 20th anniversary Obi-Wan poly could be sold because it had a buildable stand, but other individual figure polybags have been GWPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

As far as I seem to be able to locate the Hasbro license with Disney as it relates to Star Wars and Marvel was renewed in 2020.  It seems that Hasbro has the "master" license for these franchises.  Now in the terms of IP law, generally the master license gives Hasbro complete control of the particular product line.  This leads me to initially think that Lego has to license these franchises from Hasbro and not from Disney directly.  However, it more likely that Disney gave Hasbro the master license with a caveat that they had to license to Lego building toys (as this is a segment that Hasbro has no presence in), or the master license is limited only for the areas that Hasbro is in.  It all depends on the terms.  Now if the license says Hasbro get "action figures" that would be the reason that we haven't seen a CMF from the Star Wars theme, as a minifigure could be considered an action figure. But then that falls apart as we get figures in sets.  However sets are building toys and are labeled as that, but so are the CMF's.  I think that is the reason we were able to get the Marvel CMF.  Disney/Lego legal decided that an action figure was not a building toy and that a minifigure was a building toy.  after a convoluted analysis above.  What likely changed in the 2020 agreement with Hasbro was separating action figures from building toys, and now we can get CMF's and other products that were previously blocked by the Hasbro license.      

This is great! I only wonder how other action figure companies (such as Hot Toys) play into this as they can create those as licensed figures alongside Hasbro. Maybe scale of the figures too? 

Either way, I hope something has changed and our CMF is one of the 4 for 2022!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

They have every right to sell whatever they want but the action figure theory just seems a little convoluted. 

It’s not a theory, they’ve confirmed it‘s actually part of the contract:

“Any time any toy company works with a licence partner, it’s through a contract,” he explains. “Simply put, the contract that we have with Lucasfilm and Disney is to develop construction toys. We can include minifigures in our construction sets, because that’s part of the play experience, but we do not have a licence to develop action figures.”

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-to-rumours-over-star-wars-minifigure-licensing-rights/

The May the Fourth minifig polybags were exempt from this rule because they were promotional items, in case you‘re wondering. Same principle applies to books and other gear

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, it turns out Boba Fett's Palace is the 100€ set (75326).

Nice! 100 will do the set decent justice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s not a theory, they’ve confirmed it‘s actually part of the contract:

“Any time any toy company works with a licence partner, it’s through a contract,” he explains. “Simply put, the contract that we have with Lucasfilm and Disney is to develop construction toys. We can include minifigures in our construction sets, because that’s part of the play experience, but we do not have a licence to develop action figures.”

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-to-rumours-over-star-wars-minifigure-licensing-rights/

The May the Fourth minifig polybags were exempt from this rule because they were promotional items, in case you‘re wondering. Same principle applies to books and other gear

Honestly I wouldn't take Lego designer at their word. Corporate code and yada-yada. Considering the way they treated fans lately I would expect them to lie on this topic just cause. Let's face it minifigures sell sets, if they released SW CMF they would potentially lose on set sales. If if that's not the reason, they just don't want to sell us Sw Cmf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Do you guys think we will get Fortuna in this set? 

If it’s Book of Boba Fett based, probably not, unless they’re really trying to keep some of the other characters in that show under wraps. I’d imagine we’ll get three new figures along with possibly new versions of Boba Fett and Fennec Shand if Darth Vader’s Castle is anything to go off of. I could see them throwing in a new Gamorrean Guard.

39 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Considering the way they treated fans lately I would expect them to lie on this topic just cause.

The way they treated fans lately? What? Having a couple errors in the UCS Gunship promotion doesn’t mean that they’re mistreating fans or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Honestly I wouldn't take Lego designer at their word. Corporate code and yada-yada.

You do realise they can‘t publicly lie about the contents of a contract, right? This is conspiracy theory nonsense :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duke27 said:

Do you guys think we will get Fortuna in this set? 

Probably. There's no way Bib and Jabba don't appear in the show in some flashbacks. And putting him in the set creates the necessary conflict, as seen in the finale of Mando. I can see it being similar to the old Palace, except instead of Boushh and Chewy infiltrating it's Boba and Fennec. Put a Gamorrean guard or two, the Twi'Lek and we've got ourselves a nice lineup. I just don't see them including any spoilery characters in the set, and there definitely will be some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.