MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

The ironic thing is that the team can be extremely competent with the sets they do put out. The MBS cantina, gunship, downsized tie fighter etc are great builds. It's just that they keep retreading the same sets

The design team for Lego makes excellent sets and are (IMO) the best Lego design team however, it would be nice if some of them cared a little more about the SW side of the lego and not just the designs.

1 hour ago, Bc5 said:

Yoda's hut rumor? That's the fourth MandR review-rumor "coincidence". I'm just saying.

I think that's one too many for it to just be a coincidence so he definitely has the list but isn't realizing it so he doesn't receive the hate that he surely will if he does. 

I really hope this means his accessory pack video is based on leaks and we're getting a Hower figure. I really enjoyed him in BB and want to see his fig. Also, Cody would be great and would fit great here.  

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

FULCRUM JUST POSTED A PICTURE OF THE THRONE SCENE WITH BOBA FETT AND FENNEC SHAND

The palace set will probably be the only set that I actually want from this wave. However, since there are only 2-3 sets left in the wave this means the Bad Batch is getting no love and that really pisses me off. 

23 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

Please tell us your knowledge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It would be especially disappointing seeing as how we still don’t have an Exegol playset, which needs a set far more than the Kef Bir duel.

Yeah, TROS has a couple good sets to choose from, but not that one, that's not a good option compared to exogol, especially not at that price.

29 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

I would be pleased if it is a detention block/ garbage pit set. I've always liked that scene and have always wanted a set based off it. The only accessible representation of the scene was in the massive deathstar play set which I never personally liked as a whole

Yes I really want this, this is one of my most-wanted sets (I mean for star wars it's this, a Coruscant guard troopers battle pack, and a gonk statue)

21 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Didn't leakers said we won't get dissapointed with these sets? I am pretty dissapointed, just more OT garbage judging by pictures leakers posted in the background when they revealed them. Unless Yoda's training is a code name for Republic Attack Shuttle from the bad batch this is another blend and boring OT wave that will go into another blend and boring april wave. Having to wait 300+ days to get possibly 1 PT or TCW era set that was made with 0 effort for the second year in a row is just heartbreaking. 

I mean there's a few different things pointing to it not being disappointing. One, that they meant it for the majority of SW fans, who don't generally think the original films are "garbage" (If you just meant the set choices, sorry). The other is that the same leakers have hinted "Yoda's training" and "death star battle" are more than they appear to be, and of course there are like 5 other sets we haven't seen yet.

14 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Please tell us your knowledge. 

@jdubbs definately has info, but he usually gives out hints and clues instead of straight out saying "the set is _____". He had some fun ones around the time the cantina started leaking. I'm assuming he doesn't want to risk losing his connection by giving out all the info, so I kinda like the hints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Didn't leakers said we won't get dissapointed with these sets? I am pretty dissapointed, just more OT garbage judging by pictures leakers posted in the background when they revealed them. Unless Yoda's training is a code name for Republic Attack Shuttle from the bad batch this is another blend and boring OT wave that will go into another blend and boring april wave. Having to wait 300+ days to get possibly 1 PT or TCW era set that was made with 0 effort for the second year in a row is just heartbreaking. 

This is why I stopped publishing my own personal judgement on upcoming waves. One person's trash is another person's treasure. 

When we are down to a dozen system sets per year, and 11 movies and 7+ shows to cover in them, there is no one wave that is going to appeal to everyone. At most, you can hope for a few good sets per year.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@jdubbs definately has info, but he usually gives out hints and clues instead of straight out saying "the set is _____". He had some fun ones around the time the cantina started leaking. I'm assuming he doesn't want to risk losing his connection by giving out all the info, so I kinda like the hints.

I wasn't actually hinting at anything. I just wanted to point out that everyone was quick to assume OT (probably because of all the talk about the OT's dominance of sets) and there are in fact other possibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the death star battle is going to be the duel on Kef bir. They could easily include the the water skimmer, Company 77, and some Orbaks to add some extra play value. 

At a total loss for what Yoda's Training could be, especially with the alleged $80 pricetag. 

EDIT: I'm leaning toward Yoda's Training being a prequel set. Perhaps something to do with the Jedi Temple?

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

 

I wasn't actually hinting at anything. I just wanted to point out that everyone was quick to assume OT (probably because of all the talk about the OT's dominance of sets) and there are in fact other possibilities.

For met at least, If I assume the worst then I can't be disappointed. If the death star battle is actually a detention block set and the yoda's training is a prequel set, then I can only be excited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see what Yoda's Training turns out to be. A more detailed display piece of the hut built into a tree and the addition of the cave of evil would be a big upgrade to the 2018 set.

Not sure what to expect with the Death Star Battle. The duel on Kef Bir would be something new and exciting, especially as we don't really get Sequel Trilogy sets anymore. Another possibility could be a diorama of the trench run from the original film. If its just going to be another playset reenacting the interior scenes from ANH it will be an easy pass since I already have the UCS/MBS version.

Bit disappointed we aren't seeing anymore of the downsized sets at affordable price ranges in the new wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Y’all might be being a little bit hard on these sets given that we have absolutely no idea what is or isn’t in any of them, LMAO.

Yep. The disdain for these sets when none of them have been released, no photos have been leaked, and the titles aren't even final feels a little petulant. Honestly, 75% of this thread anymore seems like people griping about things they don't like/don't think they'll like and it's a little tiring. Hoping for the best with this winter/spring wave, but if it's as bad as many here seem to believe it will be, I'll be happy to save up for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yep. The disdain for these sets when none of them have been released, no photos have been leaked, and the titles aren't even final feels a little petulant. Honestly, 75% of this thread anymore seems like people griping about things they don't like/don't think they'll like and it's a little tiring. Hoping for the best with this winter/spring wave, but if it's as bad as many here seem to believe it will be, I'll be happy to save up for something else.

I honestly don't mind the complaining as much, people going "I prefer clone wars sets" or "these sound bad and I'll skip" don't bother me as much as the comments that sound like they're entitled to the sets they want, or that not liking the sets is emblematic of lego being against their fans or films.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I wasn't actually hinting at anything. I just wanted to point out that everyone was quick to assume OT (probably because of all the talk about the OT's dominance of sets) and there are in fact other possibilities.

Oh thank god. I can't see a Kef Bir set at $60 (or $80 I forget), so I'm going to keep hoping for the detention block/trash compactor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I honestly don't mind the complaining as much, people going "I prefer clone wars sets" or "these sound bad and I'll skip" don't bother me as much as the comments that sound like they're entitled to the sets they want, or that not liking the sets is emblematic of lego being against their fans or films.

Yeah, I think that entitlement/"LEGO hates my context" comments are what frustrate me more than anything. I get this thread is for all sorts of comments, but it's discouraging seeing so much instant ire against unreleased waves... sort of saps the excitement of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only rumored set that has me excited so far is the (formerly) Jabba's Palace, very excited for that to be based on tBoBF! Everything else sounds incredibly boring and an easy pass.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

"And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming". 

You can quote me on that, just saying. Still doesn’t change my opinion on him, he clearly knows something we don’t and we know he gets off on holding it over us. 

Keen to see these 2 new sets. Death Star could be anything, hopefully it’s Obi-Wan vs Vader and it’s not from the sequels. Bet $80 Yoda’s training is just the hut from 2018 slapped on a black display base. Hopefully it comes with the same figures as last time because I missed that set and I really want the dagobah figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

This is why I stopped publishing my own personal judgement on upcoming waves. One person's trash is another person's treasure. 

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely likes all lego Star Wars equally when it gives us new, innovative or interesting builds.  I’d jump at a nebulon, I’d jump at a venator, I’d jump for anything that included the crimson Corsair guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take location based sets over the same 10 or so vehicle rehashes regardless of what era they are. At least there's not a Snowspeeder rumor yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yeah, I think that entitlement/"LEGO hates my context" comments are what frustrate me more than anything. I get this thread is for all sorts of comments, but it's discouraging seeing so much instant ire against unreleased waves... sort of saps the excitement of it all.

Yeah, it hurts to see it, it's tough to ignore.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely likes all lego Star Wars equally when it gives us new, innovative or interesting builds.  I’d jump at a nebulon, I’d jump at a venator, I’d jump for anything that included the crimson Corsair guy.

You've got one other. My most wanted SW sets are a trash compactor/detention block, coruscant guard battle pack, exogol, and gnk droid statue.

Crimson Corsair is a great fig, but I don't see us getting him until another Maz's castle comes out, or a star wars CMF.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

The only rumored set that has me excited so far is the (formerly) Jabba's Palace, very excited for that to be based on tBoBF! Everything else sounds incredibly boring and an easy pass.

It's definately based of BoBf according to the leakers, and at that price point, I'm thinking it'll actually have some solid stuff from the show, not just the Mando S2 post-credits.

7 minutes ago, Knightsword said:

What if "Yoda's Training" is the Force Tree from TLJ?

I doubt it, even as an 18+ set I can't see that at $80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Knightsword said:

What if "Yoda's Training" is the Force Tree from TLJ?

I doubt it cause the scene with Yoda isn't really training but more of a prank by Yoda that somehow made it into TLG. And given the circumstances around that film, I doubt we get a set from such an obscure scene.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You can quote me on that, just saying. Still doesn’t change my opinion on him, he clearly knows something we don’t and we know he gets off on holding it over us. 

You can have your opinion on him but stop shifting the goalposts. When he leaked stuff he got hate and now that he has the info but won't leak he's getting off on "holding it over us". 

Personally, I think he and the other lego YTers know the info but won't leak cause Lego's holding the threat of striking their channels; which they can do cause of YT's rules. I'm not sure if the same is true for Instagram but it seems like that's why they don't break news anymore.

1 hour ago, Gontron said:

I'll take location based sets over the same 10 or so vehicle rehashes regardless of what era they are. At least there's not a Snowspeeder rumor yet. 

Honestly same. If we're only gonna get OT for the 1st half of 2022 then they might as well be different. The detention center idea seems to good to be true but I guess we can hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do realise that I’ve been contributing to the negativity here as well, but as a minifig fan it’s just tiring to see a wave with this little potential for anything new (be it variants or characters). This is the main reason I roll my eyes every time an OT set gets revealed :laugh: I like the films as much as the next guy and never minded the onslaught of remakes in the past, but now we’re at a point where it’s almost impossible to find any exciting new minifigs in OT sets. The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

So if the Yoda and Death Star sets are OT after all, they’re disappointing to me by default since none of the related scenes include anything that hasn’t been done yet, at least minifig-wise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

he has the info but won't leak he's getting off on "holding it over us". 

My comment was referring less to what he’s up to these days and more to when I called him out on the same thing earlier this year and he basically said so himself. 

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

We did just get Dodonna in the X-Wing but other than that I can’t think of anything either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do realise that I’ve been contributing to the negativity here as well, but as a minifig fan it’s just tiring to see a wave with this little potential for anything new (be it variants or characters). This is the main reason I roll my eyes every time an OT set gets revealed :laugh: I like the films as much as the next guy and never minded the onslaught of remakes in the past, but now we’re at a point where it’s almost impossible to find any exciting new minifigs in OT sets. The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

So if the Yoda and Death Star sets are OT after all, they’re disappointing to me by default since none of the related scenes include anything that hasn’t been done yet, at least minifig-wise

I can understand the disappointment. The OT has been so well covered at this point that there aren't many potential new minifigures left they can come up with. The only characters that are still missing are Aunt Beru, Nien Nunb and less notably any named Imperial Officers and Yavin Pilots. Costume variants are down to the Force Ghosts, Bespin Escape Leia and Medical Frigate Luke/Lando. And aside from an Imperial Dignitary the only background characters anyone really still wants are more Cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens.

Meanwhile the prequels have a pretty large backlog of missing characters that doesn't look like its going to be filled anytime soon. :sad: The Disney Era has its fair share too but due to the interconnected nature of their Disney+ shows isn't as big a deal since many of those characters are likely to show up again in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We did just get Dodonna in the X-Wing but other than that I can’t think of anything either. 

It was indeed a new minifig, but I wouldn’t call it “exciting”, personally :grin:

4 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Are all rumors for the winter/spring wave or is for instance Jabba‘s Palace part for August 2022?

These are all 1HY rumours :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these 2 sets are as promising as leakers suggest, then we might be onto something here. But if not, at least those of us tired of Ot sets can save some $ on winter wave. Win/win either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

These are all 1HY rumours :classic:

Nice 😃. I find it interesting that already more than one (bigger) set isbased on a location (Yoda, Jabba and maybe Death Star) and not a vehicle or space ship. I think this is quite uncommen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

But if not, at least those of us tired of Ot sets can save some $ on winter wave. Win/win either way.

Not when you’re a semi-completionist like me :tongue: I’m not a completionist in the strictest sense as I only try to complete my collection in a reasonable manner, so without purchasing ludriculously expensive sets I skipped back in the day (e.g. the AT-OT and Dropship which I couldn’t afford back then) or notoriously hard-to-get SDCC exclusives. Whatever they put out that I can get, I will get :laugh:

38 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

If these 2 sets are as promising as leakers suggest, then we might be onto something here.

Let’s hope they’re right :classic: Depends on whether they‘re talking about the builds or the minifigs. The former is easier to achieve than the latter, that‘s for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesss! Boba Fett's rumour was true after all! Can't wait to see this set. If it's big, then I hope it's not the only TBoBF set.

Comments on the other 2 sets sound intriguing, "not what we think they are" and "we'll like them when we see them?" I'll take that.

Also, seeing as 75327 and 75328 are both 60€, I think we can safely assume those are the helmets (since here were 2 rumoured one, both priced 60€).

That leaves us with 3 sets, one of them probably being Boba Fett's Palace.

An interesting thing to mention is that Brickmerge has also two 2021 sets listed - unknown 75303 and the UCS AT-AT 75313. Maybe this set is actually Boba's Palace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.