MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, roboticserpent said:

I'm going to float this idea out cautiously, but do you think since MandR knows at least the list of the winter wave, there is a possibility his 'ideas' for the accessory packs are what we're actually getting? 

It seems at this point that the only information out there is names and set numbers, and I don't think pictures tend to pop up this early even with leakers (though I could be wrong, since I'm not one of them). Out of interest, what were his ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

 

Most likely he either bought 30 sets and pulled them out and just hasn't inventoried the gunship parts yet, though it's also possible he bought all the cheaper listings for them and is reselling them. AFAIK there's no legal way to get large amounts of specific SW figs alone from lego, though you can buy the parts needed for figs from in-house themes on their bricks and pieces site.

The two sellers selling large numbers of commanders in the US sell almost exclusively minifigures. I asked a guy who purchased a large number of commanders on reddit and he claims that he once knew a guy who knew a guy who could obtain him large numbers of any in-production of figures. It's hearsay and seems shady, but I dont see any other reasonable way beyond someone with a factory connection

Edited by Bobbtom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It seems at this point that the only information out there is names and set numbers, and I don't think pictures tend to pop up this early even with leakers (though I could be wrong, since I'm not one of them). Out of interest, what were his ideas?

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

I beg, please tell me that you know something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, roboticserpent said:

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

I would probably explode if that first one were correct, but I feel they are both too good to be true unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

Oh yeah, how could we forget the third Death Star, Starkiller Base... :laugh:

Colour me intrigued. The only other place a battle happened around the Death Star (if not on it) was Rogue One, right? Unless it's Rey vs Kylo in TRoS...

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

That does sound intriguing... Maybe I was too quick to judge the sets after all :laugh: Not too sure what the Yoda set could be based on apart from the TESB training scenes though :tongue: His arc in S6 of TCW isn’t exactly set material, and neither is the scene in AOTC of him training younglings. Or could it be like the Freemakers sets? 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75329 Death Star Battle Scene - $60

75330 Yoda's Training - $80

Well, this sounds intriguing...

I bet each comes with a description plate and black pedestal/stand that makes it 18+ and worth $20 dollars more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Death Star battle is really vague.

ep4- battles throughout the Death Star on the rescue of leia.

battle of yavin

Ep6- the throne room (highly doubt a remake. That seems ridiculous despite what people believe about lego)

battle of endor. 

there's huge scope in all of that, but also:

ep9- kylo ren vs rey.

the last one is interesting, because I don't know what they'd do at that price point, but I'm not willing to discount it straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, roboticserpent said:

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

Seems too good to be true, I think this would be speculation, though I hope I am wrong.

The only death star battles outside the OT are in TRoS, which could be an interesting set, or the space battle in RO, which could in no way achieve a $60 price point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe Boba’s so badass in the new show that he first gets trained by force ghost Yoda and then duels someone in the ruins of the Death Star :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I bet each comes with a description plate and black pedestal/stand that makes it 18+ and worth $20 dollars more.

That would seem likely, especially for the DS battle, I wonder, if like the AT ST, the price point is accidentally inflated.

Either way, I am glad more rumours are finally appearing, regardless of what they are. The DS battle, if it is the cell block, could have some good figures at least.

 

Edited by Stuartn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoda's Training could be the Episode II youngling training.

Imagine the fun kids could have recreating the visit from Uncle Ani in Episode III? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if this new Boba's Palace could be the 75326 $100 set. It would be similar to their approach to The Bad Batch, which was also a new D+ show and has only gotten one $100 set so far. Boba and Fennec are practically guaranteed regardless, though it’s a question as to whether it’ll be the same figures we just got or new variants.

I hear people guessing that the 75329 Death Star set could be based off the prison escape and trash compacter scenes. I would love it if we got a LEGO version of this old Kenner playset: 

H20253-L203898372.jpg

Regardless, I'm interested to see how these sets turn out. Personally, I think people are being a little too harsh on these sets when we only have names, prices, etc. I like that we're learning more about this wave over time like we did with the Summer 2020 sets. 

Edited by The Stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

Rey and Dark Rey, or Rey and Kylo on the Death Star ruins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That does sound intriguing... Maybe I was too quick to judge the sets after all :laugh: Not too sure what the Yoda set could be based on apart from the TESB training scenes though :tongue: His arc in S6 of TCW isn’t exactly set material, and neither is the scene in AOTC of him training younglings. Or could it be like the Freemakers sets? 

If this set is what Fulcrum says, I could potentially see a set in a similar vein as the Ideas Winnie the Pooh set. Could be a tree with the Cave of Evil or could Yoda's hut built directly into the tree on ONE side, with another entrance to the Cave on the other. 

Color me very intrigued by this set's possibilities as others have mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I dismissed the mandr review rumors to be mere coincidence but now I'm a bit more convinced. It's very uncanny that he reviewed 4 random sets that just happened to correlate with these leaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

The two sellers selling large numbers of commanders in the US sell almost exclusively minifigures. I asked a guy who purchased a large number of commanders on reddit and he claims that he once knew a guy who knew a guy who could obtain him large numbers of any in-production of figures. It's hearsay and seems shady, but I dont see any other reasonable way beyond someone with a factory connection

Hence why I said any legal way. Those guys may have the figs directly, but my lord, is it it's not legal. (Scalper growls *I will make it legal* :laugh:)

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

No please no I want my trash compactor/detention block scene don't do this to me please oh god not the IX duel

 

And now that we're at 4 sets...yeah, he's got info.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

 

If this set is what Fulcrum says, I could potentially see a set in a similar vein as the Ideas Winnie the Pooh set. Could be a tree with the Cave of Evil or could Yoda's hut built directly into the tree on ONE side, with another entrance to the Cave on the other. 

Color me very intrigued by this set's possibilities as others have mentioned. 

Ooh, I hadn’t even thought of that. That would be a terrific set and would go really well with the Bespin Duel and Vader Meditation Chamber.

Luke, R2, Yoda and possibly Darth Vader are safe bets, but this could also be the set that we finally get a Force Ghost Obi-Wan in.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No please no I want my trash compactor/detention block scene don't do this to me please oh god not the IX duel

It would be especially disappointing seeing as how we still don’t have an Exegol playset, which needs a set far more than the Kef Bir duel.

Edited by The Stud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be pleased if it is a detention block/ garbage pit set. I've always liked that scene and have always wanted a set based off it. The only accessible representation of the scene was in the massive deathstar play set which I never personally liked as a whole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It would be especially disappointing seeing as how we still don’t have an Exegol playset, which needs a set far more than the Kef Bir duel.

I can see the Kef Bir duel set including a Water Skimmer to beef up the price a little, given most of the duel just takes place on a stretch of the DSII ruins. Although, adding the ruins of the throne room, wayfinder vault, and Ben Solo’s redemption perch™️ would also work.

If that is the mystery Death Star set, please Lego give Kylo Ren an updated hairpiece! The Mad-Eye Moody hairpiece in black would be brilliant.

Edited by T21Typhoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

Last week I dismissed the mandr review rumors to be mere coincidence but now I'm a bit more convinced. It's very uncanny that he reviewed 4 random sets that just happened to correlate with these leaks

Funny enough that for the 80th time Ryan is right and people ridiculed him and his fans here for no reason. "And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming". 

Didn't leakers said we won't get dissapointed with these sets? I am pretty dissapointed, just more OT garbage judging by pictures leakers posted in the background when they revealed them. Unless Yoda's training is a code name for Republic Attack Shuttle from the bad batch this is another blend and boring OT wave that will go into another blend and boring april wave. Having to wait 300+ days to get possibly 1 PT or TCW era set that was made with 0 effort for the second year in a row is just heartbreaking. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.