MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

24 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Added - also a lot of items seem to be arriving dented or crushed. 

YUP. All three big boxes were dented. My Saturn V box basically had its corner shoved in, the Cruiser is creased around the edge and so is the Fighter. Somehow the Marauders and sailboat weren’t but still. It’s ridiculous. Maybe it’s because they put so many things in one box and they smashed against each other but the Saturn V was flat on the top of the box; there was nothing to smash it in. 

ETA: I have to wonder if this is a FedEx thing, I ordered the Hydro Bounty off Zavvi back when it dropped in Europe and the entire front half of the set box and the shipping box were absolutely mangled to the point where it was practically open and I basically had to surgically cut it apart to get the bags out when it showed up. Again, the other set in that order, Water Dragon, was fine, so I think the large sets might just end up being too close to the edge of the box. 

second edit: YEESH my Bo Katan print is rough as hell. Definitely going to be bothering Lego for a replacement. 

Edited by hondohnaka

54 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

second edit: YEESH my Bo Katan print is rough as hell. Definitely going to be bothering Lego for a replacement. 

They're pretty nice about these, I've gotten a 501st helmet and a TIE striker helmet replaced for free. (The striker helmet was printed on the side of the helmet instead of the front, and the 501st trooper had a reportedly common issue where the printing was too low, so the "mouth" was on the lower part and the respirator printing was absent.

Spoiler

Now that S1 is over I don't understand why Hot Toys and Lego gave Echo a hand instead of the robot hand thingy. I know new molds increase cost and everything but echos arm would have been so small and more accurate to the show. I think he probably will still get a hand in S2 but the fact is this is pure laziness from Lego. I held my tongue back when the set was announced cause I thought they saw S1 concept art that shows a new hand and were preparing but no they're just lazy.

Also for those interested I think the finale was meh but the final scene with all those commandos makes me excited cause hopefully that means we'll get some of them and Nala se since she's really important now. 

Kind of a spoiler for BB but not really but to be safe don't click if you haven't watched the finale. 

Edited by kidtheboss611
Name

Bought the Havoc Marauder yesterday and I have to say the box art doesn't do the shuttle itself justice. The sand blue was a great colour choice (I don't think it would have worked nearly as well in light-bluish grey) and it looks imposing with the wings folded down. Aside from a few design quirks (no way to lock the top hatch, very easy to fire off missles) it's a tightly put together set and an enjoyable build. The speeders are fine though this is the fifth time I've had to build this (essentially) exact same BARC speeder. Figures are fantastic, I think Wrecker is my favourite (who coincidently also had the reported spare armour piece).

Overall I think this is my favourite set of the new wave thus far. Value proposition is decent, great minifigure selection and very solid main build. 

Wow, but that outer box for 75309 is ridiculously oversized. I just easily put ALL of the bags 2-17 plus the axles and unnumbered bags into the white inner box. If it was 2 cm thicker, I could get the instructions and #1 bags in there, too. 

9 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Hide contents

Now that S1 is over I don't understand why Hot Toys and Lego gave Echo a hand instead of the robot hand thingy. I know new molds increase cost and everything but echos arm would have been so small and more accurate to the show. I think he probably will still get a hand in S2 but the fact is this is pure laziness from Lego. I held my tongue back when the set was announced cause I thought they saw S1 concept art that shows a new hand and were preparing but no they're just lazy.

Also for those interested I think the finale was meh but the final scene with all those commandos makes me excited cause hopefully that means we'll get some of them and Nala se since she's really important now. 

Kind of a spoiler for BB but not really but to be safe don't click if you haven't watched the finale. 

Spoiler

Ok but to be fair all the attachments they gave him in hot toys really make it seem like there was a cut scene or two, or at the very least some concept art that never made it to the episodes.

7 hours ago, Willsy said:

Bought the Havoc Marauder yesterday and I have to say the box art doesn't do the shuttle itself justice. The sand blue was a great colour choice (I don't think it would have worked nearly as well in light-bluish grey) and it looks imposing with the wings folded down. Aside from a few design quirks (no way to lock the top hatch, very easy to fire off missles) it's a tightly put together set and an enjoyable build. The speeders are fine though this is the fifth time I've had to build this (essentially) exact same BARC speeder. Figures are fantastic, I think Wrecker is my favourite (who coincidently also had the reported spare armour piece).

I agree, the sand blue is a godsend for that set, it makes it look so much more interesting on a shelf alongside all the grey and white ships.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:17 PM, lomis said:

True.

I was put into the queue just after midnight EDT on 2021-08-01 and my items as "In Warehouse" after I ordered.
But they weren't shipped until almost two weeks later? Yikes!

I'm glad I ordered at least one of the new sets on Amazon.
I don't think I'll be doing much shopping on lego.com from now on unless there is something exclusive.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:08 PM, hondohnaka said:

At this point, yeah, I’ll be taking my chances with the store hunt. I could have had this entire order the day after if I’d bought off Amazon. It’s ridiculous. 

Something must’ve happened to screw orders up this bad. I’ve been ordering throughout the lockdown & pandemic times & shipping has never been this bad. The only delay I finally saw was when I ordered some HP sets mid July. It took like 5 days to ship, where it usually takes 1-2. 

The vague explanation on the site doesn’t help anything either. 

9 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Something must’ve happened to screw orders up this bad. I’ve been ordering throughout the lockdown & pandemic times & shipping has never been this bad. The only delay I finally saw was when I ordered some HP sets mid July. It took like 5 days to ship, where it usually takes 1-2. 

The vague explanation on the site doesn’t help anything either. 

Wild guess, new Covid precautions and a higher workload because they’re finally catching up with the demand (sets didn’t go out of stock immediately, my guess is not that they weren’t popular but that finally they realized more should be made). 

I’m currently building the Light Cruiser and I really like the micro TIEs for some reason. They’re very simple builds obviously but they’re also very well done.

37 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Wild guess, new Covid precautions and a higher workload because they’re finally catching up with the demand (sets didn’t go out of stock immediately, my guess is not that they weren’t popular but that finally they realized more should be made). 

I’m currently building the Light Cruiser and I really like the micro TIEs for some reason. They’re very simple builds obviously but they’re also very well done.

That’s a good point about their stock levels...maybe that’s it. 

I finished building Luke’s X-Wing. It was a blast. I imagine it’s much simpler than prior X-Wings(much like the new Slave I) but I enjoyed both builds a lot. So much so that I may run out tomorrow & grab the T.I.E....which I planned to do a bit later in the year anyways. 

Looking at the Light Cruiser, those are some great looking little T.I.E.’s. The printed cockpit piece is a very nice touch. 

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I finished building Luke’s X-Wing. It was a blast. I imagine it’s much simpler than prior X-Wings(much like the new Slave I) but I enjoyed both builds a lot. So much so that I may run out tomorrow & grab the T.I.E....which I planned to do a bit later in the year anyways. 

Looking at the Light Cruiser, those are some great looking little T.I.E.’s. The printed cockpit piece is a very nice touch. 

Tie Fighter is simple but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Exactly, it’s fascinating how much of a difference a simple printed 1x1 tile can make. We’ve had plenty of micro TIEs before (the Gozanti cruiser from Rebels and several AC builds come to mind), but that tile makes them look so much better :sweet:

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

To be perfectly honest, I have both Luke’s and Poe’s latest one, and the insane building techniques quite make up for the size difference. I’m not a fan of how flimsy the guns are but there weren’t many other options that would have looked as good. I highly recommend the TIE as well. 

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Tie Fighter is simple but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

To be perfectly honest, I have both Luke’s and Poe’s latest one, and the insane building techniques quite make up for the size difference. I’m not a fan of how flimsy the guns are but there weren’t many other options that would have looked as good. I highly recommend the TIE as well. 

Oh for sure, the T.I.E. is definitely happening, but I decided to cool my jets since I preordered the Forge & I want to grab all the Marvel CMF’s when they come out. Gotta spread it out.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly, it’s fascinating how much of a difference a simple printed 1x1 tile can make. We’ve had plenty of micro TIEs before (the Gozanti cruiser from Rebels and several AC builds come to mind), but that tile makes them look so much better :sweet:

Totally. I love the little 1x1 tile prints, they add a lot. But this one makes all the difference in the world. That windscreen is pretty iconic so to see it that small is cool. 

Since everyone was talking about them I looked up the cruiser TIEs... yeah they're cool I guess. I like the little windscreen, but that's definately existed before (I want to say I got one in a hobbit set of all things).

Dank Ferrick, where's that set list? It's been awhile since the other themes leaked, at this rate we wont know what sets are coming until the images leak in late november...this is the spider-man trailer all over again.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Since everyone was talking about them I looked up the cruiser TIEs... yeah they're cool I guess. I like the little windscreen, but that's definately existed before (I want to say I got one in a hobbit set of all things).

The Arkenstone print is indeed pretty similar, but not identical:

98138pb024.png
6359850.jpg

While the BB shuttle has some accepable limitations (most of which can be fixed/modded), the cockpit (choice of the piece and sticker) really bothers me. Did anyone try to modify it, either brick building or using the windscreen nr 24226c0124235c01  (from Dawn of Justice’s batmobile/batwing)? It would be interesting to see some pictures of how the BB shuttle looks like with those.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Arkenstone print is indeed pretty similar, but not identical:

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean they were re-using the print, just that the same sort of print already existed. (I didn't remember it was the arkenstone though, that explains why it's in my "rare parts" collection despite being literally just a chima chi part with that tile on top)

2 hours ago, storskogen said:

While the BB shuttle has some accepable limitations (most of which can be fixed/modded), the cockpit (choice of the piece and sticker) really bothers me. Did anyone try to modify it, either brick building or using the windscreen nr 24226c0124235c01  (from Dawn of Justice’s batmobile/batwing)? It would be interesting to see some pictures of how the BB shuttle looks like with those.

Hmm...I feel like that would look surprisingly good there. Weirdly, the color options (or lack thereof) might be the biggest problem in terms of the look. 

Although I'm very glad that was a print on the cockpit, if it was a sticker I'd never have aligned it right.

6 hours ago, storskogen said:

Count me in for interest seeing that on the shuttle….cool find

When are people expecting the AT-AT to launch later this year?  Are we talking around November?  I am just wondering how long I have to save for this beast

33 minutes ago, LDigital said:

When are people expecting the AT-AT to launch later this year?  Are we talking around November?  I am just wondering how long I have to save for this beast

Leading rumor is Black Friday (11/26) I believe. 

16 hours ago, LDigital said:

If the Titanic takes the same slot the Colosseum had (BF), I would imagine early November. 100% before 12/1 though. 

Is 75257 worth buying if I have the 2015 Falcon? They look pretty much identical to me, and I'm really not a fan of the way the roof opens up. 

Also, where the hell is the January set list? 

Edited by hondohnaka

My local Bricks & Minifigs had both of them on the shelves a couple of months ago.  In person, the 2019 Falcon really does look a whole lot better than the 2015 Falcon, but the 2015 model is a lot more swooshable because the roof panels are so lightweight that the hinges can hold them when the model is upside down.  The roof panels of the 2019 model flop open instantly.  It's fairly simple to mod the 2019 model to keep the roof panels closed, but you may not want to do that.  If you do buy the 2019 model, make sure to also get a copy of the 2021 Microfighter Millennium Falcon so you can have a minifigure of Han Solo.  The 2019 set is the only minifig playscale Falcon not to have a Han Solo minifigure.

16 minutes ago, icm said:

My local Bricks & Minifigs had both of them on the shelves a couple of months ago.  In person, the 2019 Falcon really does look a whole lot better than the 2015 Falcon, but the 2015 model is a lot more swooshable because the roof panels are so lightweight that the hinges can hold them when the model is upside down.  The roof panels of the 2019 model flop open instantly.  It's fairly simple to mod the 2019 model to keep the roof panels closed, but you may not want to do that.  If you do buy the 2019 model, make sure to also get a copy of the 2021 Microfighter Millennium Falcon so you can have a minifigure of Han Solo.  The 2019 set is the only minifig playscale Falcon not to have a Han Solo minifigure.

Do you think they'll make a new Falcon soon and if so, what era? 

25 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Is 75257 worth buying if I have the 2015 Falcon? They look pretty much identical to me, and I'm really not a fan of the way the roof opens up

I sold my 7965 (2011) to upgrade to 75257 (which I bought 40% off). I think it looks much better and its shape is more accurate. I’m overall very satisfied (taking als into account that the upgrade was rather cheap).