MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

I've built Boba's Starship this afternoon and I just don't know about this set... It's kind of confusing really.

Was this set really designed to give kids the chance to own and build a Slave I for $50? If so, why is it such a complex and tiny ship? This Slave I is around 550 pieces. The little Slave I from 75222 is almost exactly the same size, gets the job done and uses just 300 pieces.

LEGO nailed the simple X-Wing (75301). Great proportions, good size and just a simpler version of the 2018 version. Maybe Boba's Starship should've been a much simpler (but slightly smaller) version of the 20th Anniversary Slave I? Now it's just an overly detailed version of the Slave I from 75222 and I'm not sure if that was the best choice.

I like it because It’s like a small display model, but if were gonna be real, $50 was just not a good price point to put  Slave I at, and probably should’ve been similar in price to the imperial shuttle and similar in size to the jango one from 02

12 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Same in Aus, it's now evening of the 1st and all new models still in stock on lego.com. Hopefully that means better supply than the last 12 months.

Yeah, I'm surprised, especially since the limit on most sets is FIFTEEN. I'm hopeful for better stock too, so hopefully, I don't have to stress about sets retiring super early before I can get what I want.

4 hours ago, Ajf350d said:

Is the Cruiser a Lego exclusive in the UK?

Doesn’t seem to be listed on any other retailers sites at all.

2 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Hmm, I think that may well be the case for the moment.

I can't find it listed anywhere else either.

Ha ha! :laugh:

Other than LEGO

Zavvi have the "exclusive" for the Cruiser

Smyths for the Mando fighter

👍

On 7/29/2021 at 10:13 AM, McMurder_them_softly said:

That is, if they can keep it stable. I know previously it has been discussed if it would be poseable or a static model. 

Any insight with regards to scale and stability for some of the MOCs (e.g. Raskolnikovs?)

I wonder if it will resemble the at at from the gentleman who lives in Houston and works for lego . I forgot his name .

Well that was a little nuts. I went to my local LEGO store and the line was easily 100+ people before opening and apparently some had been there since 3:30am. I stood no chance. Thankfully last night though I placed my UCS Gunship order online and got my confirmation. I figured it would be sold out by now so seeing that it's still not has me a little concerned for the future of Prequel UCS sets.

Costco has the Slave 1 for $38.99 so I swung by there and picked it up and I stopped at 3 different Targets and 2 Fred Meyers and only found the Bad Batch Shuttle at 1 Target. So then I just ordered the rest off of Amazon which says delivery will be tomorrow. I was definitely expecting for everything to be Sold Out by the time I finally placed that Amazon order. This is my first time ordering off the LEGO store on a launch, does anyone know what the "usual" shipping times are for something like that? I'm aware they are already warning of delays for US shipping.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

27 minutes ago, KevinYoung said:

Here in the states the Gunship is still available. I'm shocked thought it would have sold out really fast .

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be doing very well, which really sucks to see considering the implications 

53 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Other than LEGO

Zavvi have the "exclusive" for the Cruiser

Smyths for the Mando fighter

👍

Thanks for that 👍

Edited by Ajf350d

16 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Costco has the Slave 1 for $38.99 

Interesting...

7 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be doing very well, which really sucks to see considering the implications 

It angers me so much. I can't find anything on how many of each set are produced, but you'd think if everyone who voted bought one day one, we'd see SOMETHING in terms of availability.

15 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

We don't know that.  It could be they just have a lot of stock.  Maybe they learned after the 75192 disaster.

Just now, OCD_Chad said:

We don't know that.  It could be they just have a lot of stock.  Maybe they learned after the 75192 disaster.

This is definitely the outcome I'm hoping for.

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic discipline, it would rain medals in here :tongue: The set has been available for roughly 24 hours and people are already judging the success by looking only at the current availability. There‘s so many factors at play here that we have no idea about

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It angers me so much. I can't find anything on how many of each set are produced, but you'd think if everyone who voted bought one day one, we'd see SOMETHING in terms of availability.

The weird thing is, it seems to be selling out a lot in the physical stores?? I'm also seeing a lot of people buying it too? But yet it isn't sold out? Who knows. I do think not including Cody did hurt sales though regardless of anyone's opinion on it

14 minutes ago, OCD_Chad said:

Possibly. There's just a lot riding on this set. If it bombs, we'll probably be set back to just OT remakes again

I will say though, it seems there's a higher stock for these sets in general. It took a while for the mando starfighter and the slave I to hit backorder. Even the bad batch took a while, so who knows

Edited by necrochasm

I arrived to my Lego stores 1 hour before it opened and by the time I got there I was probably the 80th or 90th person in line. When I got into the store they had 6 gunships left and luckily I got the 5th to last one. They were sold out of the fighter, starship (which the sales associates kept emphasizing was not the Slave 1 :laugh:), shuttle, and marauder. I got the final duel set they had but other than the cruiser and chamber they had sold out the whole wave. I have to say I didn't think they'd sell out that fast (33 minutes according to my watch) but luckily I got my order in for the fighter last night and that's the one I wanted day 1. Unfortunately still no confirmation email on my slave 1 or marauder order but I did get charged so I'll have to call to make sure they're on there way. The positive I take away from today is that the in-person Gunship sales (at both locations I frequent) bodes well for more prequel UCS or maybe that just my hope. But then again "Rebellions are built on hope" The Chamber and Shuttle which I preordered are arriving tomorrow but with the delays I don't know for sure. Anybody received any of their preorders?

Also the Pre Visla backpack might be the worst I've ever seen. I'm kind of glad they didn't make packs for the Batch cause if they did that I'd have hated displaying them. I'm still really excited for the forge cause it looks fantastic.

I ordered the Gunship about 2 AM CST while on a work trip in KC (forgot to set my alarm, but of course, I remembered to check online stock when I woke up at 2 AM :laugh:). I was able to get the Gunship and Vader's meditation chamber with no trouble. Out of curiosity, I called the local LEGO store in KC later that afternoon - they were sold out of the Gunship and had only 25 to begin with. My local store in OKC was also sold out of the Gunship, but I don't know how many they had. All in all, it seems like lots of physical stores are selling out the Gunship, while online has a robust stock.

I voted for the gunship but I don't have the money right now so I'm having to wait. It also doesn't help there's the (possible) UCS AT-AT coming out soon, so I can see people being hesitant to drop 350$ when what could be the most requested UCS set is coming soon. I think the gunship will sell somewhere between the A-Wing and Y-Wing. It won't be a smash hit, but I can't see it faltering like the Delta-07. 

I got spare Wrecker armour in the shuttle but unfortunately no spare Dark Trooper armour in the cruiser :cry_sad:

5 hours ago, necrochasm said:

The weird thing is, it seems to be selling out a lot in the physical stores?? I'm also seeing a lot of people buying it too? But yet it isn't sold out? Who knows. I do think not including Cody did hurt sales though regardless of anyone's opinion on it

Welcome to the forums, by the way, I know you've been around for a week or so but I think I forgot to say welcome.

The physical store thing always happens. AFAIK the lego store near me sells out of every modular building, UCS set, and many system sets (ToT, 501st pack, and weirdly enough Luke's Ach-to hut all sold out within an hour off the top of my head). The reason being that they only stock a few (Most are a dozen but I think someone said 25) of the UCS sets, and then you get lines upwards of a hundred people hours before they even open.

I will say, I don't think cody's inclusion would have a meaningful impact. It's $350, I hope to god that people aren't basing a $350 set off whether or not a single minifig is included. I know there've been a fair amount of posts and comments from people who "were gonna get the gunship but won't since it's not including p2 cody", but I think most of those are either A: people who are buying it anyway and hyperbolizing since they want to share anger or be like their favorite youtuber, or B: people who voted for the gunship with no intention of purchasing it and want an excuse to back it up.

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I will say, I don't think cody's inclusion would have a meaningful impact. It's $350, I hope to god that people aren't basing a $350 set off whether or not a single minifig is included. 

It would have, at least for me and i don't even care about Cody. 350$ may be big to you, but it's nothing to prequel fans that had literally 0 sets to buy since the july wave of 2020. Even if your LEGO budget is a measly 100$ a month out of your paycheck you would have 1300$ till now. You can keep being close minded and judge and ridicule people that voted for the set all you want. I voted for gunship cause we didn't have 1 for 9 years since i was a child in high school with no money to afford one and i wanted to buy 2 and display my clones inside. I didn't care about gonk droids, commander cody etc. I voted for Rune Haako and Rex expecting nothing. I often get jelaous of UCS sets OT fans get cause they look so good and they are perfect scale like Slave 1 and Shuttle and you get that cool exclusive figure like Boba so i had high hopes for my first UCS set. Set gets revealed and it's not minifigure scale, its still somehow 350$ and on top of that minifigures suck. So yeah a figure would make a huge impact cause it would be the only draw for me to buy it and spend 350$.

7 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I arrived to my Lego stores 1 hour before it opened and by the time I got there I was probably the 80th or 90th person in line. When I got into the store they had 6 gunships left and luckily I got the 5th to last one. They were sold out of the fighter, starship (which the sales associates kept emphasizing was not the Slave 1 :laugh:), shuttle, and marauder. I got the final duel set they had but other than the cruiser and chamber they had sold out the whole wave. I have to say I didn't think they'd sell out that fast (33 minutes according to my watch) but luckily I got my order in for the fighter last night and that's the one I wanted day 1. Unfortunately still no confirmation email on my slave 1 or marauder order but I did get charged so I'll have to call to make sure they're on there way. The positive I take away from today is that the in-person Gunship sales (at both locations I frequent) bodes well for more prequel UCS or maybe that just my hope. But then again "Rebellions are built on hope" The Chamber and Shuttle which I preordered are arriving tomorrow but with the delays I don't know for sure. Anybody received any of their preorders?

Also the Pre Visla backpack might be the worst I've ever seen. I'm kind of glad they didn't make packs for the Batch cause if they did that I'd have hated displaying them. I'm still really excited for the forge cause it looks fantastic.

Man I stood in line for 3 and a half hours only to be told that they only received 14 in total while there were easily 200 people in the line. I'm still peeved off about this.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

It would have, at least for me and i don't even care about Cody. 350$ may be big to you, but it's nothing to prequel fans that had literally 0 sets to buy since the july wave of 2020. Even if your LEGO budget is a measly 100$ a month out of your paycheck you would have 1300$ till now. You can keep being close minded and judge and ridicule people that voted for the set all you want. I voted for gunship cause we didn't have 1 for 9 years since i was a child in high school with no money to afford one and i wanted to buy 2 and display my clones inside. I didn't care about gonk droids, commander cody etc. I voted for Rune Haako and Rex expecting nothing. I often get jelaous of UCS sets OT fans get cause they look so good and they are perfect scale like Slave 1 and Shuttle and you get that cool exclusive figure like Boba so i had high hopes for my first UCS set. Set gets revealed and it's not minifigure scale, its still somehow 350$ and on top of that minifigures suck. So yeah a figure would make a huge impact cause it would be the only draw for me to buy it and spend 350$.

Yea, but if its just the figure people are interested in, they could just bricklink it. 350 is a lot of money regardless but its ridiculous money for just a figure.

Hi Star Wars fans,

Check out my latest speed build review video at our channel about the latest launch 75310 - Dual on Mandalore.

Hope you like it… thanks you

Edited by Technicallism

Just watched a few reviews of the Forge set. I don't mind, or at least I can see what Lego was going for with Paz Vizsla's jetpack. I know a lot of people would prefer a moulded piece for that but a brick-built jetpack, especially at that scale, has a certain old school charm I think. Maybe a grille piece, or even an ingot, over the exposed studs could have worked better, but unfortunately those pieces don't exist in the same colour as the bracket (looks like bright light yellow to me). Tiling it over, perhaps with a couple of 1x1 half circles, looks like the only option.

4 hours ago, ginja said:

Yea, but if its just the figure people are interested in, they could just bricklink it. 350 is a lot of money regardless but its ridiculous money for just a figure.

Yeah, but to bricklink it someone else would need to buy the set which would boost the sales and demand would be huge so people would buy more and more, and some people would be happy to get 50$ off the set if they don't care about Cody or earn even more money by parting it out.  LEGO is also an investment, if i buy the set for Cody minifigure and then never build it i will support prequel ucs sets and then pretty much get my money back plus more by selling it on bricklink in 3 years with box untouched and pieces still sealed in the bags minus Cody. It's not like you are throwing 350$ in the trashcan if you buy it for Cody.

I also think it's crazy to judge sales of a set that came out on a sunday after 24 hours, maybe people want accurate box or are waiting for christmas or they just spent 430$ plus taxes on the wave first. Dooming and glooming and assuming things just to have drama in chat cause they are salty that nebulon didn't win.

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Just watched a few reviews of the Forge set. I don't mind, or at least I can see what Lego was going for with Paz Vizsla's jetpack. I know a lot of people would prefer a moulded piece for that but a brick-built jetpack, especially at that scale, has a certain old school charm I think. Maybe a grille piece, or even an ingot, over the exposed studs could have worked better, but unfortunately those pieces don't exist in the same colour as the bracket (looks like bright light yellow to me). Tiling it over, perhaps with a couple of 1x1 half circles, looks like the only option.

As I mentioned several pages back - with one stud I think its fairly easy to make a decent jetpack but with 2 it becomes harder. Especially in the colours there aren't any of the necessary colours available.

The easiest way may be just clips with lightsaber hilts.