MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

PSA for fellow Aussies, Big W has the new wave up for order on their website. Got my click and collect in already, picking up first thing in the morning. Shuttle, light cruiser, marauder and slave I... mando fighter was already sold out unfortunately.

I went to my local yesterday and the staff was stocking shelves, no SW there, asked and he opened all the boxes for me... best lego experience in a long while too! Good first day out of lockdown 😎

The usual tag on the usual app has some preliminary info on the upcoming (yet to be confirmed) UCS AT-AT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

The usual tag on the usual app has some preliminary info on the upcoming (yet to be confirmed) UCS AT-AT.

Interesting...good to know!

Apologies if anyone thought there was doubt on the forge release. I was only speculating on the inception. Confident that we will see it soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes…$800 rumored price point for the AT-AT?

At that price, I’m wondering if it will actually be 1:1 minifigure-scale, or slightly scaled up (I hope not…).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That price point is obscene - I wonder whether it will break the 1k mark in CAD. It's the same USD price as 75192, which is 900CAD here, but considering the recent exchange rates TLG is doing between USD and CAD prices, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing more than the Falcon. This many enormous sets in the span of a few months is an exercise in patience. Why blast a whole through your wallet this weekend when there's a MOAB coming in November?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yikes…$800 rumored price point for the AT-AT?

At that price, I’m wondering if it will actually be 1:1 minifigure-scale, or slightly scaled up (I hope not…).

It should be very close to minifig scale. That would scale to about a meter in height and a bit less in length, which is comparable to the Falcon at 84cm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

It should be very close to minifig scale. That would scale to about a meter in height and a bit less in length, which is comparable to the Falcon at 84cm.

That is, if they can keep it stable. I know previously it has been discussed if it would be poseable or a static model. 

Any insight with regards to scale and stability for some of the MOCs (e.g. Raskolnikovs?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

It should be very close to minifig scale. That would scale to about a meter in height and a bit less in length, which is comparable to the Falcon at 84cm.

It would scale to about 2 ft height, 1 metre is quite off, but yes, it should be about minifig scale, or, likely ever so slightly smaller. Unless.... It has a base to assist with stability, similar to the probe droid. Thrn I'd expect a happy medium between the system size and cavegods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

It should be very close to minifig scale. That would scale to about a meter in height and a bit less in length, which is comparable to the Falcon at 84cm.

Isn't the AT-AT longer than it is high though? Also, I have Jhae's AT-AT behind me and it's about 60 cm tall, so I think a meter is a little much lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armour :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armour :head_back:

That's awesome! From others who have gotten it early, this seems to be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armour :head_back:

That's pretty cool, as extra parts go that's a good one to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AIex said:

Isn't the AT-AT longer than it is high though? Also, I have Jhae's AT-AT behind me and it's about 60 cm tall, so I think a meter is a little much lol

Not sure how I've not seen it before, but just googled jhae's atat... 

Is actually a thing of beauty, and while there are some really good versions out there, I gotta hand it to him, as far as minifig versions go, he's hit the nail on the head with it. TLG gonna find their version compared to this one a lot, if it's anywhere near the same size (cavegods is slightly bigger and a different class imo). If I hadn't made my own, I'd for sure be grabbing the instructions for jhae's! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Not sure how I've not seen it before, but just googled jhae's atat... 

Is actually a thing of beauty, and while there are some really good versions out there, I gotta hand it to him, as far as minifig versions go, he's hit the nail on the head with it. TLG gonna find their version compared to this one a lot, if it's anywhere near the same size (cavegods is slightly bigger and a different class imo). If I hadn't made my own, I'd for sure be grabbing the instructions for jhae's! 

 

If the one coming out is similar to this --- :drool: 

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS? 

I would guess more similar to the Executor with scene-accurate figures - so General and two AT-AT drivers. I'd be surprised if Veers at least wasn't included (VeersWatch will be pleased).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

If the one coming out is similar to this --- :drool: 

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS? 

A phase 1 Commander Cody, a Phase 2 Commander Cody, Jedi Bob, and Aunt Beru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I would guess more similar to the Executor with scene-accurate figures - so General and two AT-AT drivers. I'd be surprised if Veers at least wasn't included (VeersWatch will be pleased).

This is more or less what I'm thinking, with either a couple snowtroopers added or the second driver removed, depending on the scale.

Maybe one of the snowtroopers can have a veerswatch face print, since he canonically served on the same AT-AT and saved Veer's life.

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

A phase 1 Commander Cody, a Phase 2 Commander Cody, Jedi Bob, and Aunt Beru.

This is so unrealistic....

you forgot the entire 501st legion, every named clone, and a handwritten apology from lego for not putting p2 cody in the gunship. :laugh:

Hopefully people don't get too unrealistic but you KNOW someone's gonna ask for mustache rebel or an entire snowtrooper complement.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

If the one coming out is similar to this --- :drool: 

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS? 

Minifig Scale: Veers, two drivers, a snowtrooper or two.

Not Minifig Scale: Pilot, and either veers or a snowtrooper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think they'd throw in a Pilot Luke? Probably doesn't fit the generic AT-AT and I hope it is just all Imperial with Veers, 2 pilots, and a snowtrooper or 2 (a commander again would be awesome!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is more or less what I'm thinking, with either a couple snowtroopers added or the second driver removed, depending on the scale.

Maybe one of the snowtroopers can have a veerswatch face print, since he canonically served on the same AT-AT and saved Veer's life.

Hopefully people don't get too unrealistic but you KNOW someone's gonna ask for mustache rebel or an entire snowtrooper complement.

Well thank you all for making me discover the least toxic twitter of all time. :laugh:

And come on, now, mustache rebel is iconic!

But in all seriousness, I do hope they go for a full complement similar to the UCS Falcon. General Veers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers (though these better have the packs and kamas), possibly the Snowtrooper Commander. And for $800 kriffin' dollars, can I at least remotely wish for a to-scale snowspeeder? It probably won't be much different size-wise to the normal ones we get, but a quick google search of MOCs makes me think one could be better detailed at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

I went to my local yesterday and the staff was stocking shelves, no SW there, asked and he opened all the boxes for me... best lego experience in a long while too! Good first day out of lockdown 😎

That happened to me in 2016 with the rogue one sets, it’s an awesome feeling, isn’t it? Glad you got what you were after :)

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armour :head_back:

I got that spare too! It confused me a little at first, I ended up checking the inventory in the manual to see if it was meant to be there hahaha. Should be a good part for MOC figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But in all seriousness, I do hope they go for a full complement similar to the UCS Falcon. General Veers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers (though these better have the packs and kamas), possibly the Snowtrooper Commander. And for $800 kriffin' dollars, can I at least remotely wish for a to-scale snowspeeder? It probably won't be much different size-wise to the normal ones we get, but a quick google search of MOCs makes me think one could be better detailed at least.

I really don't want a snowspeeder in this, at least if it'll detract from the part count. I also can't remember the last UCS set that came with multiple vehicles. (death star 2016? Hoth? Those would both be MBS nowadays anyway)

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That happened to me in 2016 with the rogue one sets, it’s an awesome feeling, isn’t it? Glad you got what you were after :)

Happened to me in 2021. Saw the line for the lego store, noped out of the mall, and went to a target. I was able to catch an employee opening boxes, me and a random guy just kind of hung around until she opened the trouble on Tatooine box and we each took a copy the second it touched the shelf! (We did make sure to thank her after and explain we were just waiting for a specific set, which may have honestly made her more weirded out than just two random guys hanging out at a target) :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

That's awesome! From others who have gotten it early, this seems to be the case. 

The only review I’ve seen (brickset’s) didn’t mention it, so I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a standard extra part (VERY weird, if so). Odd extra parts seems to be a bit of a trend lately, the last Minecraft wave for instance included an extra trident in both sets it came in *huh*

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's pretty cool, as extra parts go that's a good one to have.

Agreed, definitely a cool part for MOCers :thumbup:

29 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I got that spare too! It confused me a little at first, I ended up checking the inventory in the manual to see if it was meant to be there hahaha. Should be a good part for MOC figures.

I had the exact same reaction :laugh_hard: Checking the manual is always the first thing I do when encountering noteworthy extra parts (which more often than I want to admit turn out to be parts I somehow missed during building, whoops)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

It would scale to about 2 ft height, 1 metre is quite off, but yes, it should be about minifig scale, or, likely ever so slightly smaller. Unless.... It has a base to assist with stability, similar to the probe droid. Thrn I'd expect a happy medium between the system size and cavegods. 

 

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

It would scale to about 2 ft height, 1 metre is quite off, but yes, it should be about minifig scale, or, likely ever so slightly smaller. Unless.... It has a base to assist with stability, similar to the probe droid. Thrn I'd expect a happy medium between the system size and cavegods. 

Just a rough calculation going from 4.5cm minifig = 2m. 75288 is already 35cm tall at $250 so for ~$1300 it’s going to need to be substantially larger than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yikes…$800 rumored price point for the AT-AT?

Hasn't that been the rumored price point even before we knew it was either the Death Star or AT-AT? I guess I'm confused at to why that's a shock, and after the success of the Millennium Falcon I think this is the next best thing without going all wishy-listy

I saw the new sets out besides the Marauder out at a Target near me including some Marvel ones. I tried picking up the Bad Batch Shuttle but it seems Target's system is far more secure now and won't allow the sale until August 1st. The person helping me tried everything they could to get it to go through too. *Sigh* At least I know they'll have it in stock on Sunday.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

All at RRP though - I'm happy to wait a bit to see Kmart's prices/wait for a discount on these.

Hitting shelves today at Kmart. Meditation $89. Marauder $49, Boba $75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only review I’ve seen (brickset’s) didn’t mention it, so I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a standard extra part (VERY weird, if so). Odd extra parts seems to be a bit of a trend lately, the last Minecraft wave for instance included an extra trident in both sets it came in *huh*

I can't remember which reviews they were, but I too read or watched at least a couple of reviews that mentioned getting an extra Wrecker armour. I hope that's the case for Paz Viszla in the Forge as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.